Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: New Morning Programming on 103.3

Tickets New Morning Programming on 103.3

Tuned in this morning on 103.3 and 1420 AM and found that they are airing a show called the Tim Fletcher Show which is a local show from Shreveport station 1130 The Tiger, home of LSU sports. To their credit they referred to the Cajuns as UL and interviewed Acadiana head football coach Scott McCullough. Oh for the good ole days with Jay and Stevie P and Foote (still have him but on another station). Hopefully they continue to respect our name at least and provide some Cajun sports coverage.

Default Re: New Morning Programming on 103.3

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunchuck View Post
    Tuned in this morning on 103.3 and 1420 AM and found that they are airing a show called the Tim Fletcher Show which is a local show from Shreveport station 1130 The Tiger, home of LSU sports. To their credit they referred to the Cajuns as UL and interviewed Acadiana head football coach Scott McCullough. Oh for the good ole days with Jay and Stevie P and Foote (still have him but on another station). Hopefully they continue to respect our name at least and provide some Cajun sports coverage.
    Don't get it twisted. They hate Lafayette. They hate UL. Worked out of Shreveport for a while. They love them some LSU there. BR North.

3. Default Re: New Morning Programming on 103.3

What is up with Lafayette sports radio? Even our flagship station? I am on the road all day long everyday and it is very hard to get any cajun sports talk anymore. Where's people like Jay Walker, Brad Topham, Steve P, Scott Prather. etc. They ran all of them off. Flagship station is terrible. 103.3 the goat FM Signal is terrible. 1420 AM lost all cajun talk in morning and wait for 3 PM during UL football season and we don't talk cajuns until maybe the 5 o'clock hour. They let go the people who loved and wanted to talk Cajuns. I used to hear this for 20plus years and it's all gone. Now we turn on this morning and hear some guy in N Lousiana. Then we have this new Lafayette based 103.7 home of the LSU tigers from 9 am on. Thank God for Kevin Foote for the little cajun information that we get on that station. Then we pick and choose if and when we will have a UL coaches show. And is it just me, but ever since we made an agreement with the Learfield ALL THINGS have be going way down. Once again The Flagship of UL sports and Lafayette Sport Radio sucks.

UL sports on terrestrial radio is dead. I suggest downloading a podcast app (spotify, apple music, apple podcasts, etc.) and finding these pods and following/subscribing:

We are Talkin Too (feat. Craig)
    Ragin Review (feat. Gerry and Nick)
    Ragin' Cajuns Podcast (Official pod of university feat. Jay Walker)
    Locked on Sun Belt (Dave Schultz)

The good ole days of local sports radio is over.

One of the reasons I love terrestial radio is that if I hear a snippet of a conversation that I don't care about, I push a button.
    Yeah I admit, to longtime Cajun Fans, the generation that found the magic in pushing a button to Effect Change. But on a good day, when people are talking Cajuns, you want to stay awhile

Quote Originally Posted by RedTails View Post
    UL sports on terrestrial radio is dead. I suggest downloading a podcast app (spotify, apple music, apple podcasts, etc.) and finding these pods and following/subscribing:

We are Talkin Too (feat. Craig)
    Ragin Review (feat. Gerry and Nick)
    Ragin' Cajuns Podcast (Official pod of university feat. Jay Walker)
    Locked on Sun Belt (Dave Schultz)

The good ole days of local sports radio is over.
    Yes sadly you are probably right

If thats the future , they better get those high technology mics and transmitters working right. Half the time on the goat they have music cutting into the talk which is annoying.

8. Default Re: New Morning Programming on 103.3

Thanks, Just UL sports on terrestrial radio is dead? Why is it not dead for TSAB in Lafayette also. And yes I do listen to all the podcasts and I do enjoy all of them. Turning on 1420 am this morning thinking one day they would replace national programing with something local(UL)priority and hearing a Sheveport sports show was very disheartening. I said WTH, I don't want to hear about La Tech. Lafayette, Louisiana now has Sports news for La Tech, LSU and McNeese and not much Cajuns any more. Something here is going Wrong. But I guess it's not going back.

I used to enjoy the UL sports talk on the way to work from 7-8 in the mornings. Man I miss the Great Scott Show. Is there any morning Cajun talk show on any app left?

I miss Jay in the afternoons and any type of Cajun controversy sparking a lot of funny/interesting phone calls.

11. Default Re: New Morning Programming on 103.3

I miss Bandwagon King calling in, Jay Walker hanging on him, and RaginDave starting a thread on RP asking who that was.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    I miss Bandwagon King calling in, Jay Walker hanging on him, and RaginDave starting a thread on RP asking who that was.

And you forgot the final part. That would be turbine editing, whatever bandwagon King and Reagan, Dave wrote in response to each other. Lol. Just kidding.

13. Default Re: New Morning Programming on 103.3

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    And you forgot the final part. That would be turbine editing, whatever bandwagon King and Reagan, Dave wrote in response to each other. Lol. Just kidding.
    That too.

My favorite caller was Paul Guidroz from Bureaux Bridge. He called Jay one afternoon to talk about baseball. All of a sudden Paul says "I got to go" and hangs up. He calls back a little later and continues the conversation. At the end of the call Jay asks "what did he buy"? Paul says "what"? Jay says "when you called earlier you had to go, what did he buy"? Paul says " oh.a fifth of Jack Daniels and 5 dollars of gas". Priceless and only on local talk radio

15. Default Re: New Morning Programming on 103.3

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    My favorite caller was Paul Guidroz from Bureaux Bridge. He called Jay one afternoon to talk about baseball. All of a sudden Paul says "I got to go" and hangs up. He calls back a little later and continues the conversation. At the end of the call Jay asks "what did he buy"? Paul says "what"? Jay says "when you called earlier you had to go, what did he buy"? Paul says " oh.a fifth of Jack Daniels and 5 dollars of gas". Priceless and only on local talk radio
    Loved his calls.

At one point (if I recall) KPEL was going to start a scholarship in his name.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information