Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 ... LastLast

Thread: How to pack Cajun Field against Texas State?

Default Re: How to pack Cajun Field against Texas State?

Why can't we run internet from the Cox building next to the entrance /s

Quote Originally Posted by Grantvb View Post
    mais bruh, where I get my tickets at?
    Unfortunately, the reality of it is poor opponent contributes to poor attendance. No one around here gets excited about playing Tx St. Poor facilities contribute to poor attendance and poor game day experience contributes to poor attendance and it appears nothing is changing anytime soon.
    I know CF is "supposed" to begin reno sometime soon but that still remains to be seen.

Quote Originally Posted by jaxmc1023 View Post
    Why can't we run internet from the Cox building next to the entrance /s
    There is fiber run to CF; what they need is the infrastructure to connect much expanded wifi; maybe that comes with the remodel.

That was also going to be included with the Tigue remodel but wasn't.

I am hopeful we have a sound system for baseball this year.

Quote Originally Posted by no1cajunfan View Post
    Unfortunately, the reality of it is poor opponent contributes to poor attendance. No one around here gets excited about playing Tx St. Poor facilities contribute to poor attendance and poor game day experience contributes to poor attendance and it appears nothing is changing anytime soon.
    I know CF is "supposed" to begin reno sometime soon but that still remains to be seen.
    He gets it and it all starts with poor scheduling...OOC that is...can hardly help with Sun Belt...but it would be nice for App, James Madison, or Marshall show up in Lafayette sometime this decade...

Unfortunately, the reality of it is poor opponent contributes to poor attendance. No one around here gets excited about playing Tx St....
    Speak for yourself. Only conference game on our schedule that I'm more excited for is USM. These 2 schools will become our biggest rivals very soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Grantvb View Post
    one stage with Cajun/Zydeco, one with Country (preferably older) and one with 80’s Top 40 rock
    Tracy Lawrence had a full Blackham back in Huds days....

7. Default Re: How to pack Cajun Field against Texas State?

After the game concert

I will say this, if Texas State beats USM, as they should this weekend and we beat Minnesota, I think you will be pleasantly surprised by the amount of both Cajun Fans and more importantly Texas State fans that travel to this game.

Texas State bringing fans is a wildcard, but I just don't see where our fans are going to come from..

The problems are still there.

It's 90 degrees
    It's a team you've probably never heard of
    Your kids will be complaining about the loud music
    You probably don't know anyone who still has a tailgate spot
    It's inconsequential football on the national stage

and for all of that, it costs $100+drinks/snacks/etc to bring your family of four

to my previous point, all of those negatives don't seem AS NEGATIVE, if the price were half that...

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin9221 View Post
    The University needs to start pushing this game now! I know it’s 2 weeks but if ESPN 2 or the U pick it up we need to show we can pack the stadium.

We need to push a Southern Miss style promotion when we played them last year in Hattiesburg, for the Texas State game!
    Here’s something that other G5 programs have done. If we beat Minnesota, offer 2 for 1 tickets. Buy tickets to Texas St you get GaSt tickets free. I know this will upset people, but we win this week we will be on ESPN2 and we need a large crowd.

Win against Minn and TxSt, we have a bye week and then host GaSt who will likely be undefeated coming into Cajun Field for Homecoming.

Back to back huge crowds and we can regain some of the Hudspeth magic.

seems like 2 for 1 would be a no brainer. Pack the student sections. Sell the sections over there 2 for 1 and try to get a nice crowd in.

12. Default Re: How to pack Cajun Field against Texas State?

TxSt is bringing one of the brightest new players in the SBC to the game. A player we should want to beat just because he played at TSATB.

Alright.. thats 4 out of the last 6 GFS model runs calling for highs in the low 70s at kickoff. Weather Channel already revised down to 87 from 92.

I'm going out on a limb and saying it's gonna be a damn near perfect day for football.. hopefully the school goes out on a limb to promote this game

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    I swear, everytime I hear someone say "it's too loud at the games", I wanna put em through a @$!#% fishtank! If you want quiet, go to the library! You're at a college football game ffs!!
    The one's complaining about the volume being too loud will complain next year when they have to sit in the south endzone and can't understand the PA announcer.

I was only at the Nw st game. I didn’t not find the PA anywhere close to being too loud. Was it Bad in the last home game?

Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 ... LastLast

Thread Information