Thread: Marshall Drone Video

Default Marshall Drone Video

Did yall see this beaut.this was an 11 AM gameP5 school in town.

https://youtu.be/G5ACaFnpku8?si=172_Y2uW6mEb2ZUY

also of note the "The Sun Belt Conference said that Marshall had been issued a public reprimand for flying the drone over the field when squad members were present. James Madison University was also publicly reprimanded for using communication equipment in the team area. The Sun Belt said it considers the matter concluded."

Default Re: Marshall Drone Video

The James Madison one is funny. There’s a clip of it. The JMU coaches are arguing with the refs about a call, then suddenly one of the coaches shows the refs a video of the play on a cell phone.

The ref immediately grabs the phone and seems to maybe tell the other ref who is with him to forget that he saw the video.

3. Default Re: Marshall Drone Video

. . . what is wrong with this . . .

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    I can see where there’s an issue with the phone but not the drone…

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    My guess is they don't want random drones flying around during a football game (although this was before) which i get, maybe Marshall should have let them know they were doing it before they did and get permission.

6. Default Re: Marshall Drone Video

. . . if this is being done by the university, I see no problem with it and certainly no problem where the SBC should be getting involved . . . way too many outside groups, govt or not in the cookies and milk . . . we were the land of the free, no more . . .

FAA prohibits flying drones in and around stadiums that seat 30000 or more.

The ncaa has a ban as well

8. Default Re: Marshall Drone Video

. . . like I said, way too much big brother getting involved in every darn facing of lives . . .

. . . I understand outside or third party drones, but do those regulations apply to the operators of the facility also . . .

Hope we do this when the new stadium opens up we can all chip in to pay the FAA fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    The James Madison one is funny. There’s a clip of it. The JMU coaches are arguing with the refs about a call, then suddenly one of the coaches shows the refs a video of the play on a cell phone.

The ref immediately grabs the phone and seems to maybe tell the other ref who is with him to forget that he saw the video.
    I saw the same

Quote Originally Posted by LouisianaB View Post
    FAA prohibits flying drones in and around stadiums that seat 30000 or more.

The ncaa has a ban as well
    No fine needed with approval

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post

That’s a whole other level of cheating.

Thread Information