Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Minnesota game week/predictions

Default Re: Minnesota game week/predictions

This is a scalp that I really want us to collect.

I don't know what to think this week. I don't think we will have to worry about "taking the foot off the gas" in the 4th quarter though, because I don't think we will see a big lead in this game. I hope we see the team that we have seen in the first 3 quarters of the game in the last couple of weeks. Will that be enough against a P5 team? I am not sure. I just hope we they make a good showing and play 4 quarters without making goofy mistakes.

does anyone know if game is available on cox or do we have to purchase online?

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Young team. First time in a raucous environment. Still growing up. Too many penalties and not enough attention to detail, which is required to win games like this. Special teams (the unit that beat Iowa St for us) is in a dark place right now, sans Kenny.

I think we have the talent to compete with Minn but based on what we've put on film to this point in the Dez era, I don't think we have enough to drag ourselves across the finish line. I do think the 11 am kick off helps us.

Hope I'm wrong.
    Good points I am with you. I am concerned about the Cajuns ability to finish and put a close game away after the last 2 weekends. Way to many mental errors. Fumbles and muffs…etc. Des even said they are not doing the little things like proper grip, getting their bodies under the ball…What do you think is causing the lack of detail? Just youth?

Quote Originally Posted by ecajuns View Post
    does anyone know if game is available on cox or do we have to purchase online?
    I quit cox a while back but it did have the big 10 network when I had it. Up in the 200s I think.

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    Good points I am with you. I am concerned about the Cajuns ability to finish and put a close game away after the last 2 weekends. Way to many mental errors. Fumbles and muffs…etc. Des even said they are not doing the little things like proper grip, getting their bodies under the ball…What do you think is causing the lack of detail? Just youth?
    I believe it is, if you look at the guys who are making the bulk of these mistakes (fumbles in particular), Zylan Perry, Freshman--Jacob Bernard, First year punt returner--Interception, between Zeon Chriss (Freshman) and Rob Williams (Sophomore, first year starter).

I think these are just young mistakes and things that can and will get cleaned up.

Let Zeon cook!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post

Really looking forward to this trip. I know big buds, esqueleto and few others are making the trip. Anybody else going?

Cajuns win 27-21
    2 of us Flying up Friday out of N.O.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    I believe it is, if you look at the guys who are making the bulk of these mistakes (fumbles in particular), Zylan Perry, Freshman--Jacob Bernard, First year punt returner--Interception, between Zeon Chriss (Freshman) and Rob Williams (Sophomore, first year starter).

I think these are just young mistakes and things that can and will get cleaned up.
    Agreed. These are all fixable things. The question now is whether or not they can be fixed quick enough to help us win this weekend.

10. Default Re: Minnesota game week/predictions

. . . I guess you not buying the dorm thing . . .

11. Default Re: Minnesota game week/predictions

. . . I guess you not buying the dorm thing . . . in such instance it would not be fixable until next year . . .

So I too watched the replay and that's was a bad game by the gophers. I watched their Nebraska game too and they were bad in that game so I wonder if that's is their team. I agree with what the mullets is saying. They are a P5 team with some talent but they look lost out there.

Pitbull Fleck's coaching reminds me HUD with his row the boat slogan and all. Fleck is in 7th year now so I wonder if all his cliques are start to wear on many. He's a great recruiter but he just got out coached by a interim guy in program in complete shambles.

On the team itself, Darius Taylor Is the only one on offense that scares me. He busted a few that looked they should have been tfl's into nice gains. The back up that came in look serviceable but lacks Taylor's talent. He'll be as good as their OLine is. OLine looks good running straight but seems to lack lateral speed. NW was constantly in the backfield.

That's the main problem for their QB. Kali something, it's Greek rhymes with Zack Galifianakis, anyways the dudes got talent big strong tough decent speed but like his OLine he has slow lateral movements and not accurate when he has to scramble. That throw to the TE in overtime should have been a TD but he over threw it a tad as he was scrambling to his right. He over threw it to a wide receiver earlier in the 1st quarter too but the WR made an amazing one handed catch. Other that the WRs didn't do much that stuck out.

Their defense puzzles me. Looks like they should be good but they've been playing some bad teams. They couldn't contain the shifty little back from NW and gave up some crucial 1st downs to the NW QB. I'm talking about 3rd and 12 scrambles that shouldn't happen.

Dave mentioned that they are getting their safety back and that should help but their CB looked real bad. NW has one talented receiver Henning that was playing on a bum leg and they were letting him get open in-between zones. NW has a big possession type receiver that they let burn them for an 80 yard TD. UM has nickleback, kid from La, that has some speed and can blitz but he too gets lost in coverage.

I'm excited. I don't know how the gophers are gonna respond after that rough game. They have some talent but I don't think they've faced a QB as dynamic as Zeon. On offense our skill position are faster across the board than NW was but can the OLine give them the time to execute. 11 am is a great time. Maybe half of them don't show up. We did good the last time we had an 11 am game against a P5. LFG

Quote Originally Posted by Jeaux View Post
    So I too watched the replay and that's was a bad game by the gophers. I watched their Nebraska game too and they were bad in that game so I wonder if that's is their team. I agree with what the mullets is saying. They are a P5 team with some talent but they look lost out there.

Pitbull Fleck's coaching reminds me HUD with his row the boat slogan and all. Fleck is in 7th year now so I wonder if all his cliques are start to wear on many. He's a great recruiter but he just got out coached by a interim guy in program in complete shambles.

On the team itself, Darius Taylor Is the only one on offense that scares me. He busted a few that looked they should have been tfl's into nice gains. The back up that came in look serviceable but lacks Taylor's talent. He'll be as good as the OLine is. OLine looks good running straight seems to lack lateral speed. NW was constantly in the backfield.

That's the main problem for their QB. Kali something it's Greek rhymes with Zack Galifianakis anyways the dudes got talent big strong tough decent speed but like his OLine he has slow lateral movements and not accurate when he has to scramble. That throw to the TE in overtime should have been a TD but he over threw it a tad as he was scrambling to his right. He over threw it to a wide receiver earlier in the 1st quarter too but the WR made an amazing one handed catch. Other that the WR didn't do much that stuck out.

Their defense puzzles me. Looks like they should be good but they're been playing some bad teams. They couldn't contain the shifty little back from NW and gave up some crucial 1st downs to the NW QB. I'm talking about 3rd and 12 scrambles that shouldn't happen.

Dave mentioned that they are getting their safety back and that should help but their CB looked real bad. NW has one talented receiver Henning that was playing on a bum leg and was letting him get open in-between zones. NW has a big possession type receiver that they let burn them for an 80 yard TD. UM has nickleback, kid from La, that has some speed and can blitz but he too gets lost in coverage.

I'm excited. I don't know how the gophers are gonna respond after that rough game. They have some talent but I don't think they've faced a QB as dynamic as Zeon. On offense our skill position are faster across the board than NW was but can the OLine give them the time to execute. 11 am is a great time. Maybe half of them don't show up. We did good the last time we had an 11 am game against a P5. LFG
    First off, if I had a bankroll, Jeaux would be on the payroll. Jack Henderson is the kid from Louisiana that you are speaking of, he played against us for SLU last year and he is a good one and has been playing well for them, but they have had major issues in the defensive backfield besides him.

First off, if I had a bankroll, Jeaux would be on the payroll. Jack Henderson is the kid from Louisiana that you are speaking of, he played against us for SLU last year and he is a good one and has been playing well for them, but they have had major issues in the defensive backfield besides him.
    Yeah that's the kid. If Minnesota can disguise the blitz it'll give our O-line fits but if Zeon can recognize it and hit broussard on quick slant he can gash that defense real big. I don't think they've faced a team with our speed yet

15. Default Re: Minnesota game week/predictions

nm

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread Information