Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Minnesota game week/predictions

UL Football Minnesota game week/predictions

What are y’all’s thoughts on this game?

I’ve gone back and watched the highlights of Minnesota’s games against northwestern and EMU. I also watched their game against Nebraska in real time and most of their game against UNC.

Of course they have some talent as they are a P5 team but honestly there is absolutely nothing that scares me about them. They are a very average P5 team who struggled with a crappy EMU team and let an equally crappy northwestern team come back and win after being up 31-10 in the 4th quarter(sound familiar?).

If we clean up the special teams/turnovers and keep the foot on the gas for 4 quarters I really like our chances.

Really looking forward to this trip. I know big buds, esqueleto and few others are making the trip. Anybody else going?

Cajuns win 27-21

2. Default Re: Minnesota game week/predictions

. . . I approve of this message . . . SMD, is this ok . . . real healthy and intellectual debate . . .

Default Re: Minnesota game week/predictions

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post

I’ve gone back and watched the highlights of Minnesota’s games against northwestern and EMU. I also watched their game against Nebraska in real time and most of their game against UNC.

Of course they have some talent as they are a P5 team but honestly there is absolutely nothing that scares me about them. They are a very average P5 team who struggled with a crappy EMU team and let an equally crappy northwestern team come back and win after being up 31-10 in the 4th quarter(sound familiar?).

If we clean up the special teams/turnovers and keep the foot on the gas for 4 quarters I really like our chances.

Really looking forward to this trip. I know big buds, esqueleto and few others are making the trip. Anybody else going?

Cajuns win 27-21
    We are in the same boat. I actually have my prediction of 31-24 Minnesota, but I think it could be a 10-point swing either way. I think this will be a very close game regardless of the winner. I hope your prediction is correct.

UL Softball Re: Minnesota game week/predictions

Definitely agree if we quit playing prevent defense in the fourth quarter and prevent offense in the fourth quarter and clean up special teams we should win their best player might not even dress out for the game this weekend. It’s time for this team when they have a opponent down like we had buffalo it’s time to put our foot on their throats and finish them off. And what I mean by prevent offense is quit being so predictable play the same the same way on both sides of the ball for a full game.

Last edited by cajungrad2001; September 26th, 2023 at 08:25 am. Reason: Adding to comments

I’m honestly pretty stumped on this one. Will swing wildly based on the number of mistakes each team makes.

I’d believe Louisiana 28, Minnesota 26

I’d also believe Minnesota 48, Louisiana 18

6. Default Re: Minnesota game week/predictions

Quote Originally Posted by BabbForHeisman View Post
    I’m honestly pretty stumped on this one. Will swing wildly based on the number of mistakes each team makes.

. . . you are obviously not a real believer . . .

Gophers gave up 400 passing yards last week...If UL (it's a big if...) can keep that freshman RB in check and cut the stupid mistakes in half, UL 28, Gophers 17

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Gophers gave up 400 passing yards last week...If UL (it's a big if...) can keep that freshman RB in check and cut the stupid mistakes in half, UL 28, Gophers 17
    Look, I agree with you on this, there is a possibility that Darius Taylor (Freshman RB) won't play at all this week, but we just don't know. Coach Fleck said he will give an update on all injuries to the Gophers on Saturday morning 2 hours before game time.

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post

Cajuns win 27-21
    Most of the Minnesota fans agree with you that it is going to be a very close game in the 20's. Albeit that they have the Gophers winning a close one. There are a few knuckleheads that have it being a complete blowout.

Quote Originally Posted by BabbForHeisman View Post

A agree the range is a close win to a blowout loss. I would be mildly surprised with a Cajun win.

As stated by others, turnovers will be key. Can we force a couple and have no more than 1.

Very excited to see how this plays out!

Saturday AM will be a 2 tv set up. Ryder Cup and Cajuns/gophers!

12. Default Re: Minnesota game week/predictions

Young team. First time in a raucous environment. Still growing up. Too many penalties and not enough attention to detail, which is required to win games like this. Special teams (the unit that beat Iowa St for us) is in a dark place right now, sans Kenny.

I think we have the talent to compete with Minn but based on what we've put on film to this point in the Dez era, I don't think we have enough to drag ourselves across the finish line. I do think the 11 am kick off helps us.

Hope I'm wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Young team. First time in a raucous environment. Still growing up. Too many penalties and not enough attention to detail, which is required to win games like this. Special teams (the unit that beat Iowa St for us) is in a dark place right now, sans Kenny.

I think we have the talent to compete with Minn but based on what we've put on film to this point in the Dez era, I don't think we have enough to drag ourselves across the finish line. I do think the 11 am kick off helps us.

Hope I'm wrong.
    Minnesota just got some good news; they had a player that was originally ruled ineligible by the NCAA, Safety Craig MacDonald, who has started at Iowa State and Auburn has been ruled eligible starting this week. One of the big issues for Minnesota has been the defensive backfield, he will be an immediate help for the Gophers. According to their fans he has been practicing with the team all along, so he will be ready to go this week. I am not sure what exactly happened from the first 4 weeks until now, that made him eligible, but it did.

https://www.twincities.com/2023/09/2...r-this-season/

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    Minnesota just got some good news; they had a player that was originally ruled ineligible by the NCAA, Safety Craig MacDonald, who has started at Iowa State and Auburn has been ruled eligible starting this week. One of the big issues for Minnesota has been the defensive backfield, he will be an immediate help for the Gophers. According to their fans he has been practicing with the team all along, so he will be ready to go this week. I am not sure what exactly happened from the first 4 weeks until now, that made him eligible, but it did.

https://www.twincities.com/2023/09/2...r-this-season/
    And we get Marcus Wiser back at DT.

Speaking of players being out...noticed Jake St. Andre wasn't on the sidelines Satuarday, he is still with the team? Very good special teams player...

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    And we get Marcus Wiser back at DT.

Speaking of players being out...noticed Jake St. Andre wasn't on the sidelines Satuarday, he is still with the team? Very good special teams player...
    He broke his shoulder blade and punctured his lung at odu

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information