Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Some day after positivity

1. Default Re: Some day after positivity

Quote Originally Posted by Fais do-do View Post
    Two things needed to improve:
    1. Securing the football (fumbles, dropped punts)
    2. Play calling (still running Napiers, run up the middle (repeat) play.

Defense was solid but gassed after having to go out there after turnovers back to back to back.
    . . . I think the title says “some day after POSITIVITY “

Default Re: Some day after positivity

Des finally won a 1 score game!

Offense is good. It’ll be enough to keep us in every game.

Defense has been stellar. Q1,2,3 vs. UAB. First half vs. UB. And then not so good.

Special teams has been disappointing outside of Kenny. Can’t kick off out of bounds. Can’t give up onside kicks. Can’t muff punts. Do that against better opponents and you’ll lose.

We’ve played a soft schedule, but if we’re honest 3-1 was where we realistically expected to be.

Schedule gets tougher from here. Lots to be optimistic about, but Des and crew need to clean up some stuff.

Defense was solid but gassed after having to go out there after turnovers back to back to back.
    3. When you throw the ball away, THROW IT AWAY!

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    3. When you throw the ball away, THROW IT AWAY!
    It wasn’t thrown away. It may have looked like that at the stadium. But Williams quit on the route, never looked for the pass and it would’ve been complete had he turned to look. Hell he didn’t even know it was thrown until the DB caught it.

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    I may have asked you last night but are y’all making the trip? Also thanks for the beer. I threw a touchdown with my warm one
    Not going to make it up there. Only making 2 road trips this year. #2 said it’s a great city to visit. Y’all going to have a good time.

No problem on the cold one. I think Jeaux quit at halftime. A wuss.

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    Not going to make it up there. Only making 2 road trips this year. #2 said it’s a great city to visit. Y’all going to have a good time.

Lol I did like the delivery execution.

The team has a lot of talent and is capable of contending for a SBC West Title. They need to eliminate special teams snafus.

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post

Like the team, I limped through the second half. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    We should win the west.
    Texas State game will go a long way in determining West winner

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    It wasn’t thrown away. It may have looked like that at the stadium. But Williams quit on the route, never looked for the pass and it would’ve been complete had he turned to look. Hell he didn’t even know it was thrown until the DB caught it.
    I did not have a good look but was told Broussard did not run a good route on pick right before half. Interceptions are often not solely the responsibility of just the QB. It is a team game.

I'm always hesitant to criticize the play calling. I have a background in game theory, and I am aware that a) you play moneyball (i.e., what do the stats recommend) and b) football is a weird game in that each play is not independent of the last plays. What you call now, allows you to set up a play for the next down, or further down.

For instance, you may run up the middle, or pass short, or throw long, fairly sure that you probably won't get much. But because the other team sees that play, they have to commit players to that possibility, which frees up other parts of the field. It really is an elaborate game of 'chicken' crossed with Texas hold'em.

Having said that, one of our past OC's once showed some of us how he picked plays. He used a grid, and picked the next play based on what he had picked in the last few plays, trying to move methodically around general categories.

I watched with horror. Give me any computer programmer and we could predict, with great certainly, what he was going to call every second or third play.

I hope we're smarter than that now.

12. Default Re: Some day after positivity

Are you suggesting we rely on AI algorithms?

Quote Originally Posted by Grantvb View Post
    A quick survey of the first four games. We have 26 plays over 20 yards. That’s 6.5 plays per game.
    Good news.
    Now, can you flip it. How many play’s have we allowed over20 yards?

14. Default Re: Some day after positivity

Quote Originally Posted by IberiaCajun View Post
    Good news.
    Now, can you flip it. How many play’s have we allowed over20 yards?
    . . . that would be negativity . . . and should be posted in a different thread . . .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information