Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: DEFENSE vs Buffalo

1. UL Football DEFENSE vs Buffalo

Great that we got a win and put up 45 points.

Alarming and frustrating that we had a barn burner against one of the literal worst teams in division 1 college football. Giving up 38 points to Buffalo is a joke, hopefully next week the defense improves.

Happy to be 3-1, but we need to put together complete games going forward.

UL Football DEFENSE??

Did the coaching staff change the defensive philosophy for the third and fourth, then finally clamp down and play regular defense on the last drive?

Seems like we purposely put no pressure on the quarterback, and played most likely prevent style defense. Or were they just tired?

Default Re: DEFENSE??

You really need to read Football for Dummies.

Default Second half Football

In the last 2 games, the Cajuns have given up 56 points in the Second half
    UAB -21
    Buffalo - 35

I don’t blame the players as much as I blame the coaches.
    Discipline, smart decision making, prevent defense sucks, we let up on aggressive defensive play with only 3 defensive rushers in last 2 Buffalo drives, offensive play calling, throwing a deep pass on 4th and short yardage. The Offense did have some awesome moments, the defense did stop the up the middle run. All in all, we held on but let Buffalo get the momentum and we nearly gave it up. I only hope this coaching staff wakes up and learns from these mistakes, cause the Sunbelt has some good teams and we can’t play remedial.
    GEAUX CAJUNS

5. Default Re: DEFENSE??

Quote Originally Posted by DaBoot View Post
    Did the coaching staff change the defensive philosophy for the third and fourth, then finally clamp down and play regular defense on the last drive?

Seems like we purposely put no pressure on the quarterback, and played most likely prevent style defense. Or were they just tired?
    Something changed.

Quote Originally Posted by DaBoot View Post

Buffalo switched to more “wildcat” type of plays. Defense was gassed when they put the QB back in late.

Default Re: Second half Football

It is plain and simple Coaches need to do better to not allow this to happen, but hey let’s take the W. 3-1 !!!!!
    It seems like the team is not focused anymore when we get big leads. Hence the turnovers.

Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs. Buffalo

Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajunFan08 View Post
    Great that we got a win and put up 45 points.

Alarming and frustrating that we had a barn burner against one of the literal worst teams in division 1 college football. Giving up 38 points to Buffalo is a joke, hopefully next week the defense improves.

Happy to be 3-1, but we need to put together complete games going forward.
    You can blame the defense when they were on the field most of the second half because of a muffed punt by a guy that’s already fumbled three now and a dumbass pick

9. Default Re: Second half Football

Quote Originally Posted by USLJim View Post
    In the last 2 games, the Cajuns have given up 56 points in the Second half
    UAB -21
    Buffalo - 35

I don’t blame the players as much as I blame the coaches.
    Discipline, smart decision making, prevent defense sucks, we let up on aggressive defensive play with only 3 defensive rushers in last 2 Buffalo drives, offensive play calling, throwing a deep pass on 4th and short yardage. The Offense did have some awesome moments, the defense did stop the up the middle run. All in all, we held on but let Buffalo get the momentum and we nearly gave it up. I only hope this coaching staff wakes up and learns from these mistakes, cause the Sunbelt has some good teams and we can’t play remedial.
    GEAUX CAJUNS
    . . . the coaching staff . . . that’s nuts . . . and a new thread on this to boot . . .

If we could hold on to a damn football and stop with the turnovers there wouldn’t have been an issue in either game

Quote Originally Posted by cjr3888 View Post
    Buffalo switched to more “wildcat” type of plays. Defense was gassed when they put the QB back in late.
    Makes sense

12. Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs. Buffalo

Quote Originally Posted by ragincajun97 View Post
    You can blame the defense when they were on the field most of the second half because of a muffed punt by a guy that’s already fumbled three now and a dumbass pick
    That is certainly why they were worn out.

Putting them right back on the field after a stop will wear out a defense quick.

Agree

14. Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs. Buffalo

Quote Originally Posted by ragincajun97 View Post
    I agree with you 100%. The team gave up 38, and IMO there is no excuse to give up 38 to Buffalo. The INT and muffed punts killed the momentum and defensive energy. I def don’t put all blame on them, thanks for the reply and giving me a chance to clarify my words better (my original context was horrible, but the general message stands).

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Something changed.
    Not really our coordinator is pretty terrible at defending against no huddle or up-tempo offenses

We went up 31-7 and Buffalo started throwing the kitchen sink at him, with alot of up tempo offense, and our defense gives up dink and dunk plays with ease

Also I would say that our front 4 is not as great as we think they are. Granted, this was a long ass game, but the push up front was nonexistent in the second half

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information