Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: DEFENSE vs Buffalo

Default Re: DEFENSE vs Buffalo

I know we ran for a lot of yards, but it was mostly on chunk plays. Seems like we had a lot of negative run plays. Why we had #8 in at RB on the last series was baffling. We had two 100yd rushers and you put
    in a guy who had had no success running.
    Right now I see a team where the players and coaches are learning on the job. Thankfully we have a schedule as soft as a marshmallow so we continue to bank wins. This week will tell a lot. A respectable showing will give me a lot more hope against the better SBC teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie35 View Post
    At the end of the day or game, the only thing that matters is if you win or lose. The Cajuns are currently 3 - 1 and will attempt to get win #4 next week. I’ll take it!!!!
    Same here! Time to beat Minnesota!

Quote Originally Posted by MetryCajun View Post
    I know we ran for a lot of yards, but it was mostly on chunk plays. Seems like we had a lot of negative run plays. Why we had #8 in at RB on the last series was baffling. We had two 100yd rushers and you put
    in a guy who had had no success running.
    Right now I see a team where the players and coaches are learning on the job. Thankfully we have a schedule as soft as a marshmallow so we continue to bank wins. This week will tell a lot. A respectable showing will give me a lot more hope against the better SBC teams.
    #8 is a N/S runner and doesn't break tackles. It was a head scratcher. Hope Washington didn't get hurt again. That would be the only reason he wasn't in the game on that series.

4. Default Re: DEFENSE vs Buffalo

The long runs were awesome but they also contributed to putting the defense right back on the field.

I'll take the quick scores any day but when you couple them with the turnovers its not suprising at all that the defense was feeling worn out.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    The long runs were awesome but they also contributed to putting the defense right back on the field.

I'll take the quick scores any day but when you couple them with the turnovers its not suprising at all that the defense was feeling worn out.
    Your point does have merit; but I’d bet the defense is hyped up to get back out there following an explosive play by the offense; whereas not nearly as much following a muffed punt (following a D stop!), an interception or fumble, or a missed opportunity to recover an onside kick. Our D was on the field way too long due to shooting ourselves in the foot several times. Just my opinion ..

6. Default Re: DEFENSE vs Buffalo

. . . we definitely down a couple of feet . . .

Default Re: DEFENSE??

Quote Originally Posted by cjr3888 View Post
    Buffalo switched to more “wildcat” type of plays. Defense was gassed when they put the QB back in late.
    Defense was gassed when they made stops and then we gave buffalo the ball inside the 15 twice on back to back drives

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post

The problem wasn’t the long runs….it was fumbling a punt in the shadow of our goal posts followed by a hold on the next return planting us deep in our territory. Then a bad INT puts them right back in the red zone. Without that series of events the D gets plenty of rest regardless of those pesky long TD runs.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information