Thread: Remembering Cajun Charlie

1. People Remembering Cajun Charlie

16 years ago today.

What a guy, what a couple.

Attached Images Attached Images  

Default Re: Cajun Charlie

I guess we all don't "Roosta like we usta"

Default Re: Remembering Cajun Charlie

I miss my good buddy Charlie. Knew Charlie starting in 1975. We were tailgating way back in 1970's.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    16 years ago today.

What a guy, what a couple.
    This Man was the ultimate Gentleman Fan and he created the Krewe de Chew with other true fans to show and host Hospitality to our visiting fans.
    He created a master fun tailgating scenario and it became famous throughout the Sunbelt Nations. The Chicken dance was a sight to see.
    God Bless you Mr Charlie. You are MISSED
    GEAUX CAJUNS

Quote Originally Posted by USLJim View Post
    This Man was the ultimate Gentleman Fan and he created the Krewe de Chew with other true fans to show and host Hospitality to our visiting fans.
    He created a master fun tailgating scenario and it became famous throughout the Sunbelt Nations. The Chicken dance was a sight to see.
    God Bless you Mr Charlie. You are MISSED
    GEAUX CAJUNS
    I was not fortunate enough to meet him although his face sure looks familiar. You guys are doing a great thing remmebering him here!

I never got a chance to meet him but did enjoy his posts and was proud that he was a fellow Cajun fan. I remember he made a good impression on the MTSU fans that had that double decker party bus.

He was the type of fan/supporter we should all strive to be.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTails View Post
    I never got a chance to meet him but did enjoy his posts and was proud that he was a fellow Cajun fan. I remember he made a good impression on the MTSU fans that had that double decker party bus.

He was the type of fan/supporter we should all strive to be.
    Mr Charlie, myself and 2 others made the trip to MTSU , the next year and we were welcomed with nothing but great hospitality because of this Man. Had my first taste of moonshine that day, damn, it was smooth
    GEAUX CAJUNS

In the old days we would party along the fence near Bertrand. We would stumble towards the stadium and he would make us eat when we passed by the Krewe. Wouldn’t allow us to say no!

Charlie was the epitome of a Cajun fan. It was an honor to be a member of his “Krewe de Chew” and help keep his tailgating tradition alive until it became time to disband the “Krewe de Chew” about 4 years ago. Who knows, maybe we could have a “Krewe de Chew” reunion tailgate at some point in the future and see if we can “Roosta” one more time in honor of Mr. Charlie!!!!

Met Mr. Charlie at a “Krewe de Chew” tailgate during the Bustle years. Provided me with a cold beer and hot plate of food. Doesn’t get better than that. I definitely don’t roosta like I usta.

Don't make me cry

12. Default Re: Remembering Cajun Charlie

. . . sometimes a picture says 1000 words . . . I think this one says 2000 . . .

Cajun Charlie was one of the finest gents I have ever met.

Thread Information