Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst . 6 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Thread: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs. Buffalo

Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs. Buffalo

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    Gimme da points
    the over is going to be more telling of what vegas thinks of this game

Quote Originally Posted by ULGrad@HOU View Post
    Well, that's what I said. It should have been a blowout. We had 3 fumbles, 2 we lucked out on recovering. We had 2 poor interceptions, both resulted in a points difference, lost points and gave points. What about all the busted defensive plays? These count too. A severe loss of concentration and focus happened in the 2nd half. There were good plays too, thankfully, that's the only reason we won.
    We were about 30 yards from losing to Buffalo. Pick saved the game.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    We were about 30 yards from losing to Buffalo. Pick saved the game.
    Thank god their qb sucked too cause there was a wide open receiver in the flats for a 1st on that play

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    There’s definitely some development to be had with coaching especially with special teams.
    I agree, special teams has been awful all year. I'm not sure why we still have Bernard back there trying to catch punts, he doesn't look comfortable. He even admitted to such in a presser a couple weeks ago which is when they should've pulled him. Leo is very inconsistent punting the football as well. And our kickoff coverage has had many lapses especially against ODU.

We need to get like a 4th string kicker or something to kick the ball within the width of the field. It’s happened in at least a couple games, and it happened twice this week

Quote Originally Posted by ragincajun97 View Post
    We need to get like a 4th string kicker or something to kick the ball within the width of the field. It’s happened in at least a couple games, and it happened twice this week
    There must be, at least, 5 guys (former high school soccer players) on campus that could kickoff into the end zone.

7. Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs. Buffalo

Quote Originally Posted by Esqueleto View Post
    There must be, at least, 5 guys (former high school soccer players) on campus that could kickoff into the end zone.
    .Many folks disagree on the strategy of KOs----Touchback gives the opponent the ball with about 3/4 ths of the way for a TD and less for a FGBut a long return and possible TD can result.So said that the KO team wants to go down and hit the opponent and possibly give a longer way for a score than a touchback.this depends on about a perfect kick to the corner that is returned with about a 3.9 hang time.we have at times tackled the return dude less than back to the 20 yard line---that is greatso break out the analyticsdo you have the kicker to perform and do you have the speed to cover and tackle.just a note ---I wouldnt let Perry have a chance to return a KO if I were the other team!!!! lol

Quote Originally Posted by cajuns80 View Post
    I agree, special teams has been awful all year. I'm not sure why we still have Bernard back there trying to catch punts, he doesn't look comfortable. He even admitted to such in a presser a couple weeks ago which is when they should've pulled him. Leo is very inconsistent punting the football as well. And our kickoff coverage has had many lapses especially against ODU.
    KO return and FG has not been awful. Last time I checked, those are special teams plays.

Rewatched the game yesterday. Defense totally dominated that first half.

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    Rewatched the game yesterday. Defense totally dominated that first half.
    Into the third quarter too. Until the 2 short fields (muffed punt, INT) they had given up 7 points through almost 3 quarters.

Wheels came off after those two short field TDs. The rest of the game we seemed to be trying to keep them in front of us and burn time. To much time on the field caught up with them I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    .Many folks disagree on the strategy of KOs----Touchback gives the opponent the ball with about 3/4 ths of the way for a TD and less for a FGBut a long return and possible TD can result.So said that the KO team wants to go down and hit the opponent and possibly give a longer way for a score than a touchback.this depends on about a perfect kick to the corner that is returned with about a 3.9 hang time.we have at times tackled the return dude less than back to the 20 yard line---that is greatso break out the analyticsdo you have the kicker to perform and do you have the speed to cover and tackle.just a note ---I wouldnt let Perry have a chance to return a KO if I were the other team!!!! lol
    a good high kick to the corner will now result in a fair catch bringing it out to the 25 as well. the risk vs reward isnt there in my opinion. if his leg is as alive as they say it is, he should kick it through the endzone everytime.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post
    Espn showing 9.5
    It must’ve moved A LOT, ESPN now showing 12.5

13. Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs. Buffalo

. . . it’s the Colorado effect . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman66 View Post
    It must’ve moved A LOT, ESPN now showing 12.5
    I can't say I blame them, historically these are the games we lose 53-13.

Not this time though.

Not that it will make a BIG difference, but there were 36 players from last year's roster that are no longer on this year's roster. That's a sizeable turnover. From a team that went 5-4 in Conference, but 9-4 overall - undefeated in OOC play.

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst . 6 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Thread Information