Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Woodworking

Default Re: Woodworking

My daughter attends this really weird/cool school, St John of the Cross outside of Sunset. Only about 20 kids, they meet in what is basically a nice barn, the teachers are philosophy majors (I think they all went to UL) with Jesuit backgrounds. So the kids take Latin and woodworking, they're reading The Divine Comedy, they're writing papers on the Merovingians and Carolingians, they raise pigs and grow crops. My daughter even memorized the Lord's Prayer, in Latin.

Anyway, with the help of one of the teachers, this was my Fathers' Day present. Walnut & maple.

Name:  20240704 Fathers Day Yaya 600.jpg
Views: 67
Size:  385.9 KB

2. Default Re: Woodworking

Quote Originally Posted by CajunFun View Post
    My daughter attends this really weird/cool school, St John of the Cross outside of Sunset. Only about 20 kids, they meet in what is basically a nice barn, the teachers are philosophy majors (I think they all went to UL) with Jesuit backgrounds. So the kids take Latin and woodworking, they're reading The Divine Comedy, they're writing papers on the Merovingians and Carolingians, they raise pigs and grow crops. My daughter even memorized the Lord's Prayer, in Latin.

Anyway, with the help of one of the teachers, this was my Fathers' Day present. Walnut & maple.

Name:  20240704 Fathers Day Yaya 600.jpg
Views: 67
Size:  385.9 KB
    Walnut checkmate

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information