Page 45 of 53 FirstFirst ... 35 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ... LastLast

Thread: Why do we hate our students!!!

Default Re: Why do we hate our students!!!

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    There were actually more students than I thought would go to the game. Thank you to the students that attended. Keep it up!!!
    What you saw is the student section without a large number of Greeks. Some Greeks had their parents in from out of town so they attended too.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    https://www.legis.la.gov/legis/Law.aspx?d=78725

Looking at this, it appears that during Family Days may be one of the only times that students under the legal drinking age of 21 could under applicable Louisiana laws legally possess and drink alcohol on campus and during university sporting events . . .
    So you are saying I didn’t break the law when I bought my 18 year old a Malibu and coke or 3?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    . . . You just won’t give them credit for anything positive . . .
    I will give them credit for managing to do, what they set out to do, and that is to destroy the Greek system. Some see that as a negative, but if that’s your goal and you are successful, it becomes a positive for you.

Next season, eliminate "Family Day"...

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Next season, start working towards a solution now. If I'm remembering correctly, this is the second straight year something like this has happened. Don't assume everything will be all good until 48 hours before Family Day then be surprised by a change.

6. Default Re: Why do we hate our students!!!

. . . restrict UP to handling and removing items of physical discourse only at every event and you move towards filling the stadium . . .

7. Default Re: Why do we hate our students!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cjr3888 View Post
    Next season, start working towards a solution now. If I'm remembering correctly, this is the second straight year something like this has happened. Don't assume everything will be all good until 48 hours before Family Day then be surprised by a change.
    Last year it was about student tailgating locations being plucked.

Beer pong plucking was new to 2023.

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Next season at this time we will be 2-0 coming off a huge win in East Lansing playing against a ranked Tulane Greenwave at Cajunfield and we will be fighting students off with a stick!!

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post

Correct, they keep moving the goalpost.

There's one more thing to all of this (Absolute Proof).

Fraternity row was built there in the 80's for Cajuns Football. We never stopped hearing about "the old house" back in my time there. It was a far superior house, but USL came up with Glynn Abel Drive. Cajun Field doors opened in 71 and had some huge seasons and periods of so low, we want to forget but better not, bc they are components in what built our Great Program of now. With McNaspy being the home of Bulldogs/Cajuns Football through 1970. Scattered Greek houses but all walkable to Bulldogs/Cajuns College Gameday. In 1986, my Fraternity was the final Greek House to open up shop on Fraternity Row. Once again, all Fraternity members could walk to College Gameday. As a pledge you had to carry the letters out to the SEZ, and sometimes carry the sororities also. This wasn't a task, looking back now, it was an honor. It was duty. Duty to you Fraternity/Sorority. Duty to your College. Duty to LOUISIANA.

This person at MH KNOWS NOTHING.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post

Yes, and they're doing it using the same vague policy. That's where the Greeks need to start, go after policy change. Get in the room with those in charge and work to clarify parts of the policy to the Greeks advantage.

12. Default Re: Why do we hate our students!!!

It's. Not. On. The. Students.

This is squarely on the adult professionals that get paid to handle these situations. They have failed repeatedly, consistently and broadly, over a period of several years. Do I support the Greeks and student orgs going above the DoS office and having dialogue with T-Joe et al? Sure. But this isn't on them. It's on the incompetent "leaders" at this University.

Well into the 2000s the dorms still only allowed visitors on Thursday - Sunday, and very limited hours. UL lives in the 1950s.

Quote Originally Posted by cjr3888 View Post
    Yes, and they're doing it using the same vague policy. That's where the Greeks need to start, go after policy change. Get in the room with those in charge and work to clarify parts of the policy to the Greeks advantage.
    The Greeks would then face draconian sanctions like they always do. This is a university who kicked the SGA president out of school for writing a critical editorial in the Vermilion.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    The Greeks would then face draconian sanctions like they always do. This is a university who kicked the SGA president out of school for writing a critical editorial in the Vermilion.
    Wait, that really happened? Like fully kicked out of school?

Page 45 of 53 FirstFirst ... 35 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ... LastLast

Thread Information