Page 52 of 53 FirstFirst ... 42 49 50 51 52 53 LastLast

Thread: Why do we hate our students!!!

Default Re: Why do we hate our students!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    Pot has a culture to itself, but it has never been part of everyday culture for the vast majority of people, especially those raising children. Also, today's pot is not your Uncle's pot. I've seen way too many OD deaths in our ER from pot that just happened to be laced with Fentanyl.

The whole drug culture is one that I vehemently oppose. It is destroying a generation of youth.
    Agreed. It’s all these vape pens. Kids take a hit from those without even know what is in there.

Quote Originally Posted by MelRock View Post
    It was on the float.

The person doing the music in the stadium is no longer there. I have not heard any profanity at the stadium since they have left.
    We play a song with the lyrics, “drinkin dope turned me to a superhero” multiple times per game. Again: where is the line in this bizarro society? Curse words? Oh my heavens no. Drug talk? Crank it up. For me personally, I don’t care if we play it in the stadium as long as it’s part of a mix where the crowd attending the games is consistently considered in what they would like to hear. And for God’s sake please don’t judge and condemn our students for doing essentially the same as what our own administration deems as acceptable.

Pot has a culture to itself, but it has never been part of everyday culture for the vast majority of people, especially those raising children. Also, today's pot is not your Uncle's pot. I've seen way too many OD deaths in our ER from pot that just happened to be laced with Fentanyl.

The whole drug culture is one that I vehemently oppose. It is destroying a generation of youth.
    Disastrous effects of archaic and outdated laws and viewpoints.

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Frats are seeing how far they can push the administration...in other news, with Troy packing in 28k last night in their Thursday night game and with the previous Frat news of the day, I predict under 200 students will show for the USM game, our crowd will number under 14k, and if all goes according to plan, expect a packed 30k+ crowd at Troy. By that I mean with the Western Championship on the line...
    What is the previous frat news of the day?

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    Disastrous effects of archaic and outdated laws and viewpoints.
    Fentanyl is scary ____

Quote Originally Posted by facelessjonmoon View Post
    Fentanyl is scary ____
    I’m not disputing that.

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    We play a song with the lyrics, “drinkin dope turned me to a superhero” multiple times per game. Again: where is the line in this bizarro society? Curse words? Oh my heavens no. Drug talk? Crank it up. For me personally, I don’t care if we play it in the stadium as long as it’s part of a mix where the crowd attending the games is consistently considered in what they would like to hear. And for God’s sake please don’t judge and condemn our students for doing essentially the same as what our own administration deems as acceptable.
    You are right, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    What is the previous frat news of the day?
    Previous posts showed up today about vulger music being played on floats(s) in the HC parade. Chidren were exposed, now the MH folks are threatening to curtail frat/ sor socials...

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Previous posts showed up today about vulger music being played on floats(s) in the HC parade. Chidren were exposed, now the MH folks are threatening to curtail frat/ sor socials...
    Yet they played the same type music in the dome this past Monday night. Doubt me, just break out your phone when the lyrics start, identify the song, get the lyrics.

If anything like that comes from a fan or a student, they’d get run.

Why do so many of these posts or threads involve students telling parents things about these situations.... I don't really recall me or my classmates telling our parents things that happened to us at school or inner workings of campus organizations. Not sure if that is a good or bad component of this generation or is it being discussed by parents simply inflating (and/or miscommunicating) the flames?

I hear what you are saying and do not disagree. Your just making more points for why weed should be legal. Weed you buy at a dispensary will not be laced with Fentanyl.

I'm just want to see it legal in the hopes of another generation of great music.

If you really want more students why not give them back the entire "student" side. ID'S only, no tickets, no lines, etc

...counter argument, they don't fill entire side.
    Well is any "side" full, or are they not filling their side because it isn't theirs???

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingCajun08 View Post
    I hear what you are saying and do not disagree. Your just making more points for why weed should be legal. Weed you buy at a dispensary will not be laced with Fentanyl.

I'm just want to see it legal in the hopes of another generation of great music.
    i still find it hard to buhleeve that dealers are intending to make money by lacing so many things with fentanyl. the theory is old and might have worked in the past, give a little,they get addicted, become customer…. but now, if you kill such a high pct of potential customer there has to more to the story and not sure money is the goal

Quote Originally Posted by RougaWhite&Blue View Post
    Why do so many of these posts or threads involve students telling parents things about these situations.... I don't really recall me or my classmates telling our parents things that happened to us at school or inner workings of campus organizations. Not sure if that is a good or bad component of this generation or is it being discussed by parents simply inflating (and/or miscommunicating) the flames?
    Very true. How many threads lately have we had that weren't exactly accurate when a few questions were asked.

For example...this discussion about MH "threatening to curtail greeks" because of music played during the parade? I mean, what does that mean?

Quote Originally Posted by BabbForHeisman View Post
    Very true. How many threads lately have we had that weren't exactly accurate when a few questions were asked.

For example...this discussion about MH "threatening to curtail greeks" because of music played during the parade? I mean, what does that mean?
    CF96 never specified that the music was a reason for the Greeks being in trouble. Mel just threw that out as a possibility when ULVictory asked what they did on Homecoming that could have landed them in trouble.

Page 52 of 53 FirstFirst ... 42 49 50 51 52 53 LastLast

Thread Information