Page 50 of 53 FirstFirst ... 40 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 LastLast

Thread: Why do we hate our students!!!

Default Re: Why do we hate our students!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    . . . so that is why we hate our students . . . not too sure about that on KK . . .
    Just replying to the first line as a good example of students phones always in their face. I witnessed first hand yesterday. When saw that kid wasn’t stopping my heart dropped.

. . . everyone needs to keep their feelings to themselves . . . focus on feelings is ruining this country . . .
    Let it go. I picture a chart of hurt feelings on your wall. Let it go.

3. Default Re: Why do we hate our students!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Turner View Post
    Let it go. I picture a chart of hurt feelings on your wall. Let it go.
    . . . your picture could not be further from the truth . . .

Would this speed things up and get the situation resolved? Hate to see this still dragging next week at this time when we should be at our best on national tv.

Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Minnesota has their own student thought police.

https://www.twincities.com/2014/05/1...ed-by-umn/amp/
    Ooof and that's from their AD...yikes

Can anyone confirm if the university is still trying to achieve that pie-in-the-sky Research Village use of the area between CF and the Lite Center?

I remember the artist renderings in the '13 Master Plan basically showed zero area remaining for tailgating, except for half dozen canopies on the football practice field

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJack55 View Post
    Ooof and that's from their AD...yikes
    That was 9 and a half years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    Been saying for years there needs to be a place that you can do exactly what you said. Show up on a Friday and stake your claim. I for one don’t think it should be inside the fences of cajun field. If we keep thinking in side the gates of cajun field we will never grow to the level we all would like. Create a party / festival/ Mardi Gras atmosphere on the east side of CF there is a lot more room for growth. Make a whole other TG area. Heck shut down CD BLVD from Johnson to Reinhardt and allow tents in the median and all around that area.
    I have been promoting this idea for decades. The green area from the Convention Center to Blackham should all be first come, first serve Tailgating.

9. Default Re: Why do we hate our students!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    Chris,

I’ll extend the olive branch here because I know you do care. Where I disagree are some of your solutions is that they still go around the incompetence of the decisions the administration has made. For example, you said for students to tailgate on the west side. Well by then doing that, it’s unintentionally saying that the selective rule in place is justified. As far as the Greeks talking to Martin Hall, I do know that the right people are aware of the situation there so hopefully things can get settled before any of this foolishness escalates.

The fact is we never had to deal with these ticky tack selective rules when we were students. And we definitely didn’t have people in the administration selectively picking and choosing what rules to enforce on any given day when they felt like it. If we were students back then and had to deal with that, you and I both know we wouldn’t put up with it nor should the students that are there now.

The reason why people here and in the fan base get mad at MH about this kind of stuff is because it’s become a pattern. We are the customer, and our tax dollars fund their paychecks. If they’re not doing their jobs, we have a right as donors and taxpayers to speak up and tell them.

Hopefully, all of this gets settled because these are future alumni and donors we are messing with. If the administration keeps poking them, they’ll never come back years from now when we are calling them asking for donations.
    Nothing is more American than active anti establishment protest

Signed
    Sons Of Liberty Boston Tea Party

10. Default Re: Why do we hate our students!!!

https://www.legis.la.gov/legis/Law.aspx?d=78725

Looking at this, it appears that during Family Days may be one of the only times that students under the legal drinking age of 21 could under applicable Louisiana laws legally possess and drink alcohol on campus and during university sporting events . . .
    That’s right. MADD has been around for several decades and done some great things, but as with any power group they have overreached.

You’re correct in this case is the university becoming illegal parents of people who have reached majority age.

Frankly I am offended that we apparently need a super majority age in several areas but can force young people into the draft if needed.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    Just maybe it is because all sporting events at UL are FREE. If students paid a fee to attend events as part of tuition like many schools do, maybe they would put more value in attending. Secondly, a game needs to be an event that students (and fans) participate in. UL games are boring, not because of the play on the field, because there is no active fan participation. Look at P5 programs and listen to the whole stadium cheering and yelling and actively participating in the game. We have it at baseball and softball games. Why don't we have that at UL football games and basketball games as well? I have said for years now that game day management needs an overhaul, but that goes on deaf ears. Thirdly, we need to regain the excitement of tailgating for students and fans. We used to have great tailgating, packed parking lots, excitement in the air. How did we lose that?
    I surmise that their fan base is older. Look how many here complain because the music is too loud and they play too much of dat hippity hop.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    I surmise that their fan base is older. Look how many here complain because the music is too loud and they play too much of dat hippity hop.
    My Son informed me the Frats are still getting hammered from homecoming. They are killing the student experience by threating to suspend socials, etc.

Anyone else that has kids in Greek life hear this?

Quote Originally Posted by cajunfan96 View Post
    My Son informed me the Frats are still getting hammered from homecoming. They are killing the student experience by threating to suspend socials, etc.

Anyone else that has kids in Greek life hear this?
    What happened at Homecoming that caused this?

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    What happened at Homecoming that caused this?
    Well, I can tell you my fraternity had music blasting with, "F***" this, and ,"F***" that, in front of small children.

15. Default Re: Why do we hate our students!!!

Instead of educating common sense principles, they will issue another pseudo law that those without principles will try to bend.

Page 50 of 53 FirstFirst ... 40 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 LastLast

Thread Information