Page 18 of 53 FirstFirst ... 8 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 28 ... LastLast

Thread: Why do we hate our students!!!

1. Default Re: Why do we hate our students!!!

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    You are not getting it are you. If beer pong was the only issue they’d be mad but not boycotting. The making of their own houses off limits on game day is the biggest issue. This is huge and they have no right to do that IMO. It does suck for the football team but I disagrees, they should b boycott the football game and all other activities such as yell like hell and the parade during HC week if this doesn’t get fixed.
    He doesn't want to "get it." He's here to kiss the ass of the people he so desperately seeks attention from. Common sense is not part of this equation..

Default Re: Why do we hate our students!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    He doesn't want to "get it." He's here to kiss the ass of the people he so desperately seeks attention from. Common sense is not part of this equation..
    How's those interviews coming that you were bragging about? Hopefully you now realize that YOU were the reason no interviews were being granted. Your attitude and mouth are what help the podcast back.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    It sounds like they are enforcing it but giving a warning 48 hours before kickoff.
    So they plan to enforce the rules that were already in place and agreed to by the students. Whether we agree with the rules or not, that what is sounds like is happening.

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    NEWS FLASH. Those kids are there mostly for the party. The game is secondary. If they boycott the student tailgate where do you propose they pre game? At the fraternity houses? lol
    I've said it multiple times in this thread. Many of the students know people with tailgate spots on the west side. Move the tailgate to that area where there's no green shirts policing everything.

5. Default Re: Why do we hate our students!!!

They did this several years back, run a shuttle from down town to the field..Let them tailgate there run people back and forth

Quote Originally Posted by jerrybaldwin69 View Post
    It’s not just drinking games. They aren’t allowed to go to their own house at all during the day. This is the final straw in a long list of things the university does to screw over greek life. Something’s gotta change. If it’s a boycott then so be it
    I wasn't in a frat, but not able to go to their frat houses on game day is the most idiotic thing I ever heard. We always went to frat row after games. It was a blast. They were the backbone of the student involvement. They gave the visitors sideline hell. Seriously thought they deserved the game ball a couple of times. If you keep denying the frats and sororities these simple privileges, I can see why we have such an un-loyal fan base. These young men and women are the future of our community, state and USA. However, what you won't see is the dedication to the university upon which they graduated from because of the shunning they were given while here.

7. Default Re: Why do we hate our students!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cjr3888 View Post
    How's those interviews coming that you were bragging about? Hopefully you now realize that YOU were the reason no interviews were being granted. Your attitude and mouth are what help the podcast back.
    Smoochie smoochie, messenger boy.

I've said it multiple times in this thread. Many of the students know people with tailgate spots on the west side. Move the tailgate to that area where there's no green shirts policing everything.
    Or just don’t mess with their tailgate and houses

9. Default Re: Why do we hate our students!!!

To anyone’s knowledge, is this happening any where else around the US?

So they plan to enforce the rules that were already in place and agreed to by the students. Whether we agree with the rules or not, that what is sounds like is happening.
    Shilling for the admin on this is astounding.

Another fans owe the program nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by tailgate_papi View Post
    It is no secret that UL really does not love Greek life, they have done everything possible to destroy it at UL. I know there is a delicate balance between college and Fraternities where universities have to be very careful not have issues and we have had some at UL already. But support for athletics comes from the Greeks on campus in a lot of ways. I'm not saying that they are the only students who go to the games, but the larger fraternities' and sororities on campus have close to 75 to 100 members. Very rarely can you get that type of group support quickly. You want to see the student side empty, continue to give the Greeks a reason not to come and that will happen. I know the university is only trying to protect itself, but the reality is they need to allow these guys to figure out how to do this while at the same time managing the damages/issues that could arise from Greek life partying.

The university has killed fraternity row as a place for these kids to gather, not just on game day, but overall.

I was in a fraternity at UL between 1988-1993 and we used our house as a place to gather, party and socialize. I have been a member of our alumni group since I returned to Lafayette, the house is mostly empty, they are no longer gathering at the houses for socialization.

This is a problem and the more we force these large groups not to want to support our team.

Quote Originally Posted by tailgate_papi View Post
    I’m sure it is in some other places. Heck, from what’s being told, sounds like it was happening at MS State previously.

But any university that is hurting to build a fan base and student support for athletic events should probably not be behaving this way.

If Texas A&M or UT-Austin admins were to pass down such rules, it really wouldn’t matter for attendance and enthusiasm. Those programs are busting at the seams with support and gameday attendance from students and alumni.

Us…not so much.

Not saying don’t tailgate. Don’t do the student tailgate. Truthfully, all this “we can’t play beer pong so we won’t go to the game” is stupid. You either support the players or you don’t. Simple as that.
    Really? Yeah, let the administration have carte Blanche with these dumbass decisions and don't hold them accountable. Brilliant! It's a proven method to get them to change. Sorry, but youre wrong. They will never learn their lesson without a little pain. What's their motivation to change if there are no consequences? ZERO! Stop licking boots and open your eyes.

What kind of rent are they charging you to permanently live inside MartinHalls @hole?

P.S. I'll take living outside the graces of this woke, inept administration; having my own thoughts, possessing critical thinking, and basic integrity, than to kiss the ring and lick the testes of your overlords like you do. Enjoy your rectal confinement bro. Pathetic.

Page 18 of 53 FirstFirst ... 8 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 28 ... LastLast

Thread Information