Page 49 of 53 FirstFirst . 39 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 . LastLast

Thread: Why do we hate our students!!!

Default Re: Why do we hate our students!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jaxmc1023 View Post
    Students walk into traffic with their phones in their face on campus . signs and sidewalk chalk are a waste of time.

I remember professors giving bonus points for bringing your ticket stub to class on Monday morning -- which I'm sure is probably illegal now under some discrimination policy

Honestly it's baffling The student body walks around 24/7 with an advertisement in front of their faces, and the marketing people can't figure out how to get anything to go the slightly viral with them

I mean we used to sign up for credit cards at a shady table on campus to get a free Swisher Sweets t-shirt
    Just maybe it is because all sporting events at UL are FREE. If students paid a fee to attend events as part of tuition like many schools do, maybe they would put more value in attending. Secondly, a game needs to be an event that students (and fans) participate in. UL games are boring, not because of the play on the field, because there is no active fan participation. Look at P5 programs and listen to the whole stadium cheering and yelling and actively participating in the game. We have it at baseball and softball games. Why don't we have that at UL football games and basketball games as well? I have said for years now that game day management needs an overhaul, but that goes on deaf ears. Thirdly, we need to regain the excitement of tailgating for students and fans. We used to have great tailgating, packed parking lots, excitement in the air. How did we lose that?

Students walk into traffic with their phones in their face on campus . signs and sidewalk chalk are a waste of time.
    Strongly disagree with this, signs and sidewalk chalk are cheap and you can get students or group of volunteers involved. Doesnt mean we still cant market on social media and electronically.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJack55 View Post
    Strongly disagree with this, signs and sidewalk chalk are cheap and you can get students or group of volunteers involved. Doesnt mean we still cant market on social media and electronically.
    Agree. There used to be groups of students on the corner of Rex and St Mary, encouraging other students to attend the game. A personal invite is way more effective than a tweet.

4. Default Re: Why do we hate our students!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cjr3888 View Post
    That's the beauty of this. You can say your opinion, I can say mine. This notion of everything being about winning isn't helping the students one bit. People were bragging that they "won" but nothing changed. Politics 101
    No. We "WON" because at least the admin was forced to face the issue. So many have claimed that they were "unaware" or "in the dark" about the entire situation with Heidie Lindsey, these dumbass 'rules' and the disgruntled student orgs.

Forcing them to face the issue and then respond is a win for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by BabbForHeisman View Post
    Agree. There used to be groups of students on the corner of Rex and St Mary, encouraging other students to attend the game. A personal invite is way more effective than a tweet.
    Well, once upon a time, cheerleaders would be in the forefront of such movements. Now their main goal is their own national competition in Orlando.

6. Default Re: Why do we hate our students!!!

I remember professors giving bonus points for bringing your ticket stub to class on Monday morning -- which I'm sure is probably illegal now under some discrimination policy

Honestly it's baffling The student body walks around 24/7 with an advertisement in front of their faces, and the marketing people can't figure out how to get anything to go the slightly viral with them

I mean we used to sign up for credit cards at a shady table on campus to get a free Swisher Sweets t-shirt
    If their not falling into man holes and bumping into trees they see signs everywhere, expecially the low ones just over and to the side of the phone bezel.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    No. We "WON" because at least the admin was forced to face the issue. So many have claimed that they were "unaware" or "in the dark" about the entire situation with Heidie Lindsey, these dumbass 'rules' and the disgruntled student orgs.

Forcing them to face the issue and then respond is a win for everyone.
    Seek help, your nonstop stalking of my online posts is reaching a new level. Like I said before, I can recommend a few mental health providers if you'd like.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    Just maybe it is because all sporting events at UL are FREE. If students paid a fee to attend events as part of tuition like many schools do, maybe they would put more value in attending.
    Students don't pay for anything Their parents take loans out in their name and they get to go to 13th-16th grade before considering the financial consequences. Most would never even notice that they paid an athletics fee

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    Thirdly, we need to regain the excitement of tailgating for students and fans. We used to have great tailgating, packed parking lots, excitement in the air. How did we lose that?
    "All grass areas around Cajun Field are reserved for tailgating. A tailgating pass is required."

Meanwhile you can roll up to Nicholson Drive in Baton Rouge on Friday night, put up your 10x10 canopy, show up the next morning with your keg, Weber kettle, and bluetooth speaker and away you go. Beer pong, flip cup, funnels hanging from trees, peeing on the fence across the train tracks. All at your own risk, like a true young adult.

Our students are required to go to a glorified dog park, drink responsibly under police supervision, and keep the noise down so as to not disturb some old lady who doesn't like their music.

9. Default Re: Why do we hate our students!!!

. . . you have to sneak them in where you can . . . chalk that one up as a winner . . .

10. Default Re: Why do we hate our students!!!

Students don't pay for anything Their parents take loans out in their name and they get to go to 13th-16th grade before considering the financial consequences. Most would never even notice that they paid an athletics fee

"All grass areas around Cajun Field are reserved for tailgating. A tailgating pass is required."

Meanwhile you can roll up to Nicholson Drive in Baton Rouge on Friday night, put up your 10x10 canopy, show up the next morning with your keg, Weber kettle, and bluetooth speaker and away you go. Beer pong, flip cup, funnels hanging from trees, peeing on the fence across the train tracks. All at your own risk, like a true young adult.

Our students are required to go to a glorified dog park, drink responsibly under police supervision, and keep the noise down so as to not disturb some old lady who doesn't like their music.
    . . . what an accurate picture you paint . . . keep on painting my friend . . .

Yesterday I was driving up Nicholson in BR from the south toward the campus on the part that is still 2 lane. A kid in front of me drove right through a red light that had been red for a while as he was approaching. When it turned 4 lane we were stopped a a light side by side and he had that phone in hand texting away. No doubt he was looking at his phone when he drove directly through the red light. He’s lucky someone didn’t get killed.

12. Default Re: Why do we hate our students!!!

. . . so that is why we hate our students . . . not too sure about that on KK . . .

Minnesota has their own student thought police.

https://www.twincities.com/2014/05/1.ed-by-umn/amp/

Been saying for years there needs to be a place that you can do exactly what you said. Show up on a Friday and stake your claim. I for one don’t think it should be inside the fences of cajun field. If we keep thinking in side the gates of cajun field we will never grow to the level we all would like. Create a party / festival/ Mardi Gras atmosphere on the east side of CF there is a lot more room for growth. Make a whole other TG area. Heck shut down CD BLVD from Johnson to Reinhardt and allow tents in the median and all around that area.

15. Default Re: Why do we hate our students!!!

. . . everyone needs to keep their feelings to themselves . . . focus on feelings is ruining this country . . .

Page 49 of 53 FirstFirst . 39 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 . LastLast

Thread Information