Page 48 of 53 FirstFirst . 38 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 . LastLast

Thread: Why do we hate our students!!!

1. Default Re: Why do we hate our students!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cjr3888 View Post
    That didn’t change anything for the students. When they don’t attend the other events, like myself and others have mentioned, that will bring the Administration to the table to try for real change.
    . . . they havnt attended for almost 40 years . . . how many more will it take . . .

Default Re: Why do we hate our students!!!

That didn’t change anything for the students. When they don’t attend the other events, like myself and others have mentioned, that will bring the Administration to the table to try for real change.
    What events are you talking about?

3. Default Re: Why do we hate our students!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    . . . they havnt attended for almost 40 years . . . how many more will it take . . .
    Sporatic at best, but the 2005ish era (give or take a few) when BabbForHeisman was in school had some really good student turnout games.

Even that is approaching 20.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Sporatic at best, but the 2005ish era (give or take a few) when BabbForHeisman was in school had some really good student turnout games.

That’s partially because there was a dedicated committee of students on campus, with the purpose being to get students to come to the games.

Of course, back then the rule was that if you didn’t have 15K butts in the seats (season average), you couldn’t be in I-A. So stakes were high.

And yes, that was 20 years ago…yikes.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post

There was enthusiasm then amongst the SGA to promote students attending.

Anyone seen signs and sidewalk chalk around campus lately?

Pretty sure the president of the IFC is efforting a meeting with T Joe along with chapter presidents. I still say give them a taste of 0 Greek participation during HC week. That will open their eyes.

If any Greek alumni would like to form a coalition to get Dean Lindsey fired I am all in PM me lets get it started.

7. Default Re: Why do we hate our students!!!

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    Pretty sure the president of the IFC is efforting a meeting with T Joe along with chapter presidents. I still say give them a taste of 0 Greek participation during HC week. That will open their eyes.

If any Greek alumni would like to form a coalition to get Dean Lindsey fired I am all in PM me lets get it started.
    . . . I agree with this guy . . . but I usually do . . . students need to take action while the iron is hot . . . best chance to leave a lasting burn . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post

Students walk into traffic with their phones in their face on campus . signs and sidewalk chalk are a waste of time.

I remember professors giving bonus points for bringing your ticket stub to class on Monday morning -- which I'm sure is probably illegal now under some discrimination policy

Honestly it's baffling The student body walks around 24/7 with an advertisement in front of their faces, and the marketing people can't figure out how to get anything to go the slightly viral with them

I mean we used to sign up for credit cards at a shady table on campus to get a free Swisher Sweets t-shirt

Quote Originally Posted by jaxmc1023 View Post
    What events are you talking about?
    Homecoming parade, yell like hell, on campus events usually pretty much led by Greek Orgs

Quote Originally Posted by jaxmc1023 View Post

I mean we used to sign up for credit cards at a shady table on campus to get a free Swisher Sweets t-shirt
    Baw.HAHA.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post

Didn’t the SGA put on a glow in the dark party on campus last year during a football game? Lol

Quote Originally Posted by RedTails View Post
    Didn’t the SGA put on a glow in the dark party on campus last year during a football game? Lol
    No way

Quote Originally Posted by RedTails View Post
    I think it may have been during an away game. Southern Miss, maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by BabbForHeisman View Post
    Yea it was an away game

Quote Originally Posted by BabbForHeisman View Post
    On a Thursday of a nationally televised game? Did anyone show up?

Page 48 of 53 FirstFirst . 38 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 . LastLast

Thread Information