Page 15 of 53 FirstFirst . 5 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 25 . LastLast

Thread: Why do we hate our students!!!

Default Re: Why do we hate our students!!!

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    I guess the bigger question is Why? At least explain to the students why this is disallowed. Communication. Transparency. I just have trouble understanding what different trouble or law can be broken by college kids playing beer pong at the tailgate.
    As someone who lived in a Fraternity house for 4 semesters and pre and post gamed after every football game in the house and many basketball games too, I can say with out a doubt there is no good reason. I lived it, I know. The only reason is they are 2 no fun b!+(he$ that are treating college students like middle schoolers.

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    Is your cousin from Erath?
    Yes sir

Quote Originally Posted by Crawfish View Post
    Just for the record, this is not a rule they arbitrarily came up. It is in the university policy so I guess they are just enforcing it. You may or may not agree with this, but it was probably implemented because every year there are tragic deaths of college students somewhere in the country that fraternities and drinking. These inevitably result in lawsuits against the university and the fraternity. Usually, these deaths involve Hell Week initiations (and forcing pledges to drink) though. Below is the link to the university policy that defines Greek parties. Please don't shoot the messenger I did not make the policy. I was just curious and decided to look it up on the University website. Below is the link.

https://greeklife.louisiana.edu/node/26
    Do you know how many dumb laws are on the books today that are simply not enforced. In this case it wouldn’t take an act of congress to change said rule. A couple of deans could say that is a bad rule and have it removed.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    Throw these clowns in a barrel full of titties and they'd come out sucking their thumbs
    Nope not these 2 chicks in charge now. They will definitely suck the tit.

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    Aborting the future fanbase. Great job ma'am.
    They don't give a sheet! They are not local; will be gone in two years!

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    When I make the comment that the biggest problem this university has is the disconnect it has with the population it serves due to it having an ideology completely at odds with the population it serves, this is a perfect example of that.
    Ding Ding. We have a Winner!

My son who attends UL is reporting that there is going to be a student boycott for the Buffalo game.

So we want to keep kids safe (or at least that will always be the stated reason in these scenarios): Instead of them being able to play drinking games within walking distance of their residence and walk home whenever they wish, they will now most likely be DRIVING across the basin to party and drink in BR and then DRIVING home after a full day of doing the exact things they would’ve done across the street from where they live. This is akin to accomplishing safe sex practices by preaching abstinence.

Who had the final say in hiring this women?
    Also, upon hiring her did they do any due diligence on why she was no longer wanted?

Maybe too much of a common sense question to ask.

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Rock View Post
    Who had the final say in hiring this women?
    Also, upon hiring her did they do any due diligence on why she was no longer wanted?

Maybe too much of a common sense question to ask.
    The woke fascists of Martin Hall, aka, Kremlin.

“Fack it let’s go to Baton Rouge”

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    “Fack it let’s go to Baton Rouge”
    With an orange shirt when they play Tennessee.

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    Bingo.
    Knew it

I’m sure the team will really appreciate the students boycotting their game. Boycott the tailgate, not the game. Tailgate with the regular folks.

Quote Originally Posted by cjr3888 View Post
    I’m sure the team will really appreciate the students boycotting their game. Boycott the tailgate, not the game. Tailgate with the regular folks.
    Why would they boycott the tailgate and not the game? The tailgate is to get sauced up for the game. I say boycott both and make a ____ing statement to the UL administration.

Page 15 of 53 FirstFirst . 5 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 25 . LastLast

Thread Information