Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: How We Wound Up With Buffalo

Default Re: How We Wound Up With Buffalo

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Whew Mexico State shouldn't ever be on another UL football schedule....we're better than that....I Hope
    Well, looks like we're still scheduled to go there next year, but if they cancelled our home game we should have done the same for that contract. Maybe they agreed to come back here on a future schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by Esqueleto View Post
    Well, looks like we're still scheduled to go there next year, but if they cancelled our home game we should have done the same for that contract. Maybe they agreed to come back here on a future schedule.
    At this point they are not, but we have openings for hoe games vs a G5 opponent in 2026 and beyond, maybe we can get them back to help fill out the upcoming schedule. They have road openings for 2025, 2026, 2028 and beyond, seems like it only makes sense to make it happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Esqueleto View Post
    I would also be concerned about the 2024 game with them. They have 6 OOC games scheduled for 204, but those were set up before they joined CUSA, so some of those games will be cancelled and/or rescheduled. Right now, they have NIU, UNM, Fresno, UL, Texas A&M and Abilene Christian scheduled for 2024. They are clearly going to have to do something for some of those games. Our game is scheduled for 10/26 which is right in the middle of their conference schedule. Something will have to give.

Buffalo > NMSU as an opponent

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post
    Losing to ODU makes sense now. It was part of the deal.

My preference would be if we should never scheduled FCS opponents. Set up long term H&H with Tulane and LaTurd alternating years.

LaTurd on even years.
    Tulane on odd years.

SBC moved to a 9 game schedule.

An AAC, MAC or MWC home and home and a P5 game.

7. Default Re: How We Wound Up With Buffalo

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    . . . Prove it . . . now with NIL and immediate eligibility transfers, you never know what you will get . . .
    Proof: He was able to check every schedule in the country. Doing that in the past would have been impossible with the allotted time available.

While scheduling has never been easier, what Maggard pulled off at the 11 o'clock hour was still amazing.

On your NIL tranfer tangent. I don't see how that impacts scheduling games.

Quote Originally Posted by RougaWhite&Blue View Post
    People focus on that fear of 2 fcs and not being eligible too much. If you play two fcs and finish 7-5 or better then it is not an issue. If you don't play 2 fcs and finish 5-7 still not eligible.

Plus there is always a chance for waiver for the 6-6 with 2 fcs but not for 5-7
    Well, you are correct in that regard. But you and I both know that if we had two FCS schools on the schedule, virtually everyone in the sport would have a meltdown.

9. Default Re: How We Wound Up With Buffalo

NMSU lost to UMass, Buffalo lost to Fordham who lost to Albany. I would say it’s a close race lol.

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    Buffalo > NMSU as an opponent

Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajunFan08 View Post
    NMSU lost to UMass, Buffalo lost to Fordham who lost to Albany. I would say it’s a close race lol.
    Buffalo went 0-3 with an FCS loss to start ‘22.
    They were in a bowl game. Cajuns can’t take them lightly.

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post
    Did Craig give you an advanced copy of our PodCast and my written breakdown? Just kidding.

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post
    After their 0-3 start they got to the easy part of their schedule. MAC conference games.

13. Default Re: How We Wound Up With Buffalo

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Proof: He was able to check every schedule in the country. Doing that in the past would have been impossible with the allotted time available.

While scheduling has never been easier, what Maggard pulled off at the 11 o'clock hour was still amazing.

On your NIL tranfer tangent. I don't see how that impacts scheduling games.
    . . . my NIL transfer is not a tangent at all . . . what you get in most instances is not what you scheduled at the time . . . and thus when sports enthusiasts on sports message boards grade your scheduling by what you get as opposed to what you scheduled, and you can't do anything about it at that time, it will be found to not be a tangent . . .

14. Default Re: How We Wound Up With Buffalo

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    . . . my NIL transfer is not a tangent at all . . . what you get in most instances is not what you scheduled at the time . . . and thus when sports enthusiasts on sports message boards grade your scheduling by what you get as opposed to what you scheduled, and you can't do anything about it at that time, it will be found to not be a tangent . . .
    He was tasked with finding a game of any kind.

What was available and what he pulled off was sweet.

15. Default Re: How We Wound Up With Buffalo

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    He was tasked with finding a game of any kind.

What was available and what he pulled off was sweet.
    . . . if you can't tell that my comment related to scheduling in general and not the feat he pulled off for this particular game, I can't help you . . .

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information