Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: UNT's Enrollment Now Up to Nearly 47,000 Students

Default UNT's Enrollment Now Up to Nearly 47,000 Students

I wonder how many are enrolled in on-line classes. How many on-line students does UL have? Does UL count those in its total enrollment.

I also wonder how much UNT's student fees are for athletics? I still don't understand why UL can't simply add a student athletic fee (for admittance to all athletic events) to tuition costs. Why do students have to vote for it and why is it not an administrative decision?

46,940 students are now at UNT this year. That increase will have a direct impact on UNT's athletic budget. With an enrollment increase of over 5%, the athletic budget will increase this year by over 5%, just from our student fee. Now, we just have to figure out how to win on the field.

Default Re: UNT's Enrollment Now Up to Nearly 47,000 Students

We can’t count the online students, the scanners are broken.

Kidding…it’s a good question.

3. Default Re: UNT's Enrollment Now Up to Nearly 47,000 Students

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    I wonder how many are enrolled in on-line classes. How many on-line students does UL have? Does UL count those in its total enrollment.

I also wonder how much UNT's student fees are for athletics? I still don't understand why UL can't simply add a student athletic fee (for admittance to all athletic events) to tuition costs. Why do students have to vote for it and why is it not an administrative decision?

46,940 students are now at UNT this year. That increase will have a direct impact on UNT's athletic budget. With an enrollment increase of over 5%, the athletic budget will increase this year by over 5%, just from our student fee. Now, we just have to figure out how to win on the field.

All your questions about fees were asked and answered decades ago. The legislators don’t want athletic costs passed onto the students without their permission.

You’ve been posting long enough to know that. You may be suffering from senior moments, or I’m suffering from a faulty memory.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: UNT's Enrollment Now Up to Nearly 47,000 Students

Quote Originally Posted by BabbForHeisman View Post
    We can’t count the online students, the scanners are broken.

Kidding…it’s a good question.
    You funny guy

Our 19,000 student population counts everyone. Online, non degree class takers, me when I visit Civil Engineering (sorry).

Last year enrollment was 13500 undergrad plus 2500 graduate students. There were another 3500 plus online, non degree, and certificate earning students. I expect undergrad and grad to go up. Reported numbers usually come out in late Sept or early Oct.
    The most important number of course is how many Civil students we have.

Last edited by 60swerethebest; September 20th, 2023 at 12:19 pm. Reason: Spelling

Quote Originally Posted by 60swerethebest View Post
    Our 19,000 student population counts everyone. Online, non degree class takers, me when I visit Civil Engineering (sorry).
    We aren’t close to 19,000 students.

Fall enrollment from 2022 is 12,950 undergraduate students and 2,269 graduate students.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    We aren’t close to 19,000 students.

Fall enrollment from 2022 is 12,950 undergraduate students and 2,269 graduate students.
    Why would you not count the on-line students?

Why would you not count the on-line students?
    Because the majority are not degree seeking students.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    Because the majority are not degree seeking students.
    Shouldn't matter. If they are enrolled for even just one class and pay tuition, they should be counted.

Shouldn't matter. If they are enrolled for even just one class and pay tuition, they should be counted.
    We're counting "students" right? The end shouldn't matter; they are taking class(es) at UL, they should be a student, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    All your questions about fees were asked and answered decades ago. The legislators don’t want athletic costs passed onto the students without their permission.

You’ve been posting long enough to know that. You may be suffering from senior moments, or I’m suffering from a faulty memory.
    I remembered that students had to vote for it, but didn't recall why. I still don't understand why legislators would let students in one semester vote on a fee that impacts future students for years to come. Why would a university not be entitled to add an athletic fee to tuition costs rather than students or appeal to the legislators for approval rather than students? I remember discussions on this years ago, but not the details. I guess old age is creeping in.

The total number that will be reported will include all students and with our very large freshmen class and large online and part time students we will be close to 19000. It will be broken out by full time degree seeking, grad students, etc. But it will be close to 19000. Even if some don’t want it to be. We had a big drop during Covid but are coming back very strongly.

UNT even with 47k students struggles to get major attendance numbers. A true commuter school.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    UNT even with 47k students struggles to get major attendance numbers. A true commuter school.
    But there athletic budget benefits from the enrollment.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information