Thread: Not UL related---USFL/XFL merger

Default Not UL related---USFL/XFL merger

I think this is a good idea. Give us 1 alternative football league with more than 8 teams. Put the best players that are not playing in the NFL in this league, allow the NFL to get involved and make them a farm system for the NFL of some sort, I know the CFL is still out there, but I hope this works but realize it never will.

Default Re: Not UL related---USFL/XFL merger

call it the NFL, New football league.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    I think this is a good idea. Give us 1 alternative football league with more than 8 teams. Put the best players that are not playing in the NFL in this league, allow the NFL to get involved and make them a farm system for the NFL of some sort, I know the CFL is still out there, but I hope this works but realize it never will.

XFL has been great, I hope they just bring the USFL in under that umbrella.

I went to the XFL South Championship game last year, a lot of fun for a relatively cheap price.

Quote Originally Posted by BabbForHeisman View Post
    XFL has been great, I hope they just bring the USFL in under that umbrella.

I went to the XFL South Championship game last year, a lot of fun for a relatively cheap price.
    It's actually a great idea, they only have 1 crossover city and that is Houston, they could move Houston out west (since they would only have Vegas and Seattle out there). Unfortunately, they are diluting an already diluted talent base with two leagues.

Merger might be a good move, if they exit some overlapping NFL cities.

Quote Originally Posted by Grantvb View Post
    Merger might be a good move, if they exit some overlapping NFL cities.
    Only 4 of the current are non NFL markets. Birmingham
    Orlando
    San Antonio
    St. Louis

But there would be 2 Houston teams. They could move one of those to a non nfl city. Others are either in NFL cities or the metro market.

Here’s some thoughts. Top 100 markets:

Tucson, AZ
    Columbus, OH
    Louisville, KY
    Greenville, SC
    Raleigh, NC
    Richmond, VA
    Milwaukee, WI
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Portland, OR
    Augusta, GA

Quote Originally Posted by Grantvb View Post
    Here’s some thoughts. Top 100 markets:

Tucson, AZ
    Columbus, OH
    Louisville, KY
    Greenville, SC
    Raleigh, NC
    Richmond, VA
    Milwaukee, WI
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Portland, OR
    Augusta, GA
    Norfolk/Newport News/Va Beach/Hampton Roades area. This is the largest US market without a Major League Professional sports franchise.

When the NFL STOLE the NFC Championship from Louisiana and a ton of Gulf Coast Saints fans in 2019, I didn't even watch the SB. Still furious. The XFL made its comeback after that Super Bowl and wow, they did it right. The live camera in the replay booth watching them disect challenges from every camera in the stadium was a game changer. It looked like maybe, just maybe we could finally return the National Football League to the honest game it once was. Nothing. Nothing has changed.

The new XFL merging with USFL is the right move, especially for the USFL. That was one terrible idea of playing all games at one stadium.

Love the XFL! Innovative and fun! Each team actually plays in its home city. USFL is boring because most games are played in empty stadiums with no fan support. That's hard to watch.

COuld this be a tale of AFL/NFL? The NFL was king in 1960, but the AFL was the exciting, wide-open offensive league....

Maybe breakers could Play at cajun field. They have played at a different host stadium nearly every yr of their existence dating all the way back to 82 in boston

Quote Originally Posted by RougaWhite&Blue View Post
    Maybe breakers could Play at cajun field. They have played at a different host stadium nearly every yr of their existence dating all the way back to 82 in boston
    Saints had their black and gold scrimmage in the Swamp back in 2003. AB was QB and he was slinging them low profile 65 yard throws. Too bad he would sometimes throw his arm forward and forget completely about that Ball.

On the topic of The Swamp, I'm going with 22,000 this Saturday. That 18,000 number from NWST was wrong.

Thread Information