Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Elijah Mitchell

NFL, NBA, MLB Elijah Mitchell

I couldn't find a thread about him so sorry if this is redundant.

That said, anyone got info on the 49ers use of him? I'm not really seeing him get touches at all. I know McCaffrey is good but I don't think he's good enough for Mitchell to not have at least ten touches five quarters into the season. I'm thinking they're gearing up to trade him. Thoughts?

Default Re: Elijah Mitchell

Quote Originally Posted by FeelDaRage View Post

That said, anyone got info on the 49ers use of him? I'm not really seeing him get touches at all. I know McCaffrey is good but I don't think he's good enough for Mitchell to not have at least ten touches five quarters into the season. I'm thinking they're gearing up to trade him. Thoughts?
    He got a few touches last week.

He’s had bad luck with injuries. They may be trying to limit wear and tear. He was their #1 back before injuries and them trading for CMC

He got 5 carries last weekend for 10 yards. McCaffery had 152 on 21 carries.

Thus far today, McCaffery has 85 on 10 carries.

I love seeing Eli perform well too and get the ball, but McCaffery is a Top 3 RB in the NFL. Like, Eli, though, he’s had issues staying healthy long term.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    He got 5 carries last weekend for 10 yards. McCaffery had 152 on 21 carries.

Thus far today, McCaffery has 85 on 10 carries.

I love seeing Eli perform well too and get the ball, but McCaffery is a Top 3 RB in the NFL. Like, Eli, though, he’s had issues staying healthy long term.
    That's not nearly enough for how good he is. They're treating him like a scrub. So far he hasn't gotten to play a single down today. This is ridiculous.

That's not nearly enough for how good he is. They're treating him like a scrub. So far he hasn't gotten to play a single down today. This is ridiculous.
    Dude, you’re taking this way too personally and looking at it completely with Ragin Cajun glasses.

You going to take away touches from a guy who might right now be the best overall back in the league?

Eli is there, and he’s in a good situation. He will be needed down the stretch for a team that is looking at a Super Bowl run.

No other RB on the 49ers roster received touches from the line of scrimmage yesterday. McCaffery, Debo Sammuel and Brock Purdy were the only 49er players with carries.

CMC will get tired or injured the way they are using him right now and Eli will get his shot again. He's sitting on my fantasy bench for that reason....

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJack55 View Post
    CMC will get tired or injured the way they are using him right now and Eli will get his shot again. He's sitting on my fantasy bench for that reason....
    I think he gets used this Thursday night vs. the Giants. Probably not nearly enough to take off your fantasy bench, but probably somewhere between 5 to 10 touches (let's set the line at 6.5).

Short week with McCaffery coming off 20 carries, they'll put the ball in Eli's hands a few times vs. the Giants.

To be fair, I'd rather them use McCaffery for a little bit longer that way Eli has more time to recover from previous injuries and succeed. Besides, as much as I love Mitchell, McCaffery is a better RB. He has better stats and more experience in the league. I still think Eli deserves carries, just give him some time so he doesn't get hurt as quickly.

Every player wants to play, but end of the day EM getting paid to be in the NFL.

Mitchell seems to be getting an increased number of carries tonight. Good for him!

Quote Originally Posted by ColoradoCajun View Post
    Mitchell seems to be getting an increased number of carries tonight. Good for him!
    Got 11 carries for 42 yards. Most he's had all season. I think he has the potential to do better than 16 carries for 52 yards in 3 games tho lol.

McAffery is going to steal many of his touches

15. Default Re: Elijah Mitchell

. . . McCaffery does not have to steal anything . . .

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information