Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: CAJUNS vs BUFFALO attendance

Default Re: CAJUNS vs BUFFALO attendance

Quote Originally Posted by Fais do-do View Post
    Well, I drove 4 hours and showed up. More than a lot of people. With that attitude we will always be subpar if you cannot face realism. The most interaction was when the band played Sweet Caroline. With all due respect Cajunvic, it’s that condescending attitude of it’s my fault if the game experience is bad is what keeps people away from the stadium and RP.
    I should have figured the band would play that song. Only because I hate it!

Time to bring down the upper deck. No reason to have it. Press box and suites are all that you need. Shift fans to the bowl and stick the visitors in the endzone.

What shows on our broadcasts is usually an empty stadium. THAT doesn't help with attendance or overall branding. If the cameras were pointed toward the home side, it would help tremendously. San Jose State remodeled their old stadium to eliminate that and it looks fabulous on broadcast.

Quote Originally Posted by Louisiana84 View Post
    What shows on our broadcasts is usually an empty stadium. THAT doesn't help with attendance or overall branding. If the cameras were pointed toward the home side, it would help tremendously. San Jose State remodeled their old stadium to eliminate that and it looks fabulous on broadcast.
    I believe it was discussed in the renovation thread that hard camera will be moved to the "student side" during and after renovation.

Quote Originally Posted by Louisiana84 View Post
    I get what you’re saying but the camera points to an empty berm and a building on the visiting side for San Jose. It looks like a crappy Texas high school setup.

Quote Originally Posted by Fais do-do View Post
    I brought ear plugs also, have tinnitus from weapon usage.
    The volume seemed fine heading into the game, and then you could tell the DJ or whoever they have manning the PA flipped the volume to 100.

We've discussed this ad nauseum, but the band and the PA DJ need to work on some kind of system. Band and piped in music kept overlapping each other. I personally like to hear the band on defensive stops and stuff, instead of piped in music. Music selection on the PA is better though, so whoever they got to do the DJ duties has a good selection.

But man, the TV timeouts are horrible...maybe TV timeouts are the time for the DJ to play "hype" music to try and keep whatever energy we have going...

7. Default Re: CAJUNS vs BUFFALO attendance

What did yall think about the guy with the microphone getting the crowd riled up in the 4th quarter?

Quote Originally Posted by RedTails View Post
    The volume seemed fine heading into the game, and then you could tell the DJ or whoever they have manning the PA flipped the volume to 100.

We've discussed this ad nauseum, but the band and the PA DJ need to work on some kind of system. Band and piped in music kept overlapping each other. I personally like to hear the band on defensive stops and stuff, instead of piped in music. Music selection on the PA is better though, so whoever they got to do the DJ duties has a good selection.

But man, the TV timeouts are horrible...maybe TV timeouts are the time for the DJ to play "hype" music to try and keep whatever energy we have going...
    During Video Reviews....Suggest this...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mkl7...Y8Zfrg&index=4

Me, I Don't Know...

Quote Originally Posted by tailgate_papi View Post
    What did yall think about the guy with the microphone getting the crowd riled up in the 4th quarter?
    The guy is a good hype guy (not sure who he is), but it just totally died when he tried to get everyone to sing Jambalaya

10. Default Re: CAJUNS vs BUFFALO attendance

Quote Originally Posted by BabbForHeisman View Post
    The guy is a good hype guy (not sure who he is), but it just totally died when he tried to get everyone to sing Jambalaya
    There are definitly exceptions but when a band performs a concert, they usually don't start the audience cold they go through the lyrics a couple timea before asking the audience to jump in.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    There are definitly exceptions but when a band performs a concert, they usually don't start the audience cold they go through the lyrics a couple timea before asking the audience to jump in.
    It's Jambalaya for petes sake, my 2 year granddaughter could sing along....Its probably the most and absolutely lamest thing done by game management ever....Tens of Grammy nominated and Grammy winners all over the area and this is what they come up with for "Cajun"? Save UL Football, stop hiring dopes froms outside Acadiana to come up with Game Day ideas....

When I was in Marine Cops bootcamp I had a drill instructor from Guam but he love the song Jambalaya. When he was on duty he would call me up and I had to sing it to him. Back to attendance we had 12 people in my group/

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    I get what you’re saying but the camera points to an empty berm and a building on the visiting side for San Jose. It looks like a crappy Texas high school setup.
    Yeah, and that looks better than what we have. Sad to say.

14. Default Re: CAJUNS vs BUFFALO attendance

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    It's Jambalaya for petes sake, my 2 year granddaughter could sing along....Its probably the most and absolutely lamest thing done by game management ever....Tens of Grammy nominated and Grammy winners all over the area and this is what they come up with for "Cajun"? Save UL Football, stop hiring dopes froms outside Acadiana to come up with Game Day ideas....
    There are students fans and sponsors that use ULL.

I doubt any of them can sing Jambalaya without throwing CRAYfish in the mix.

Quote Originally Posted by locoguano View Post
    Time to bring down the upper deck. No reason to have it. Press box and suites are all that you need. Shift fans to the bowl and stick the visitors in the endzone.
    You do know the whole tower is coming down right. This is the last year your gonna be able to run up and down the ramps as it is. Not even gonna participate in guessing the attendance anymore. I don't even think the admin care to report the correct amount. 18k the first game and then 17k with about 1/3 the people on the east side. Does it matter when they gonna have to fit everybody over there next year anyways

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread Information