Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: You're the Coach

1. Default Re: Your the Coach

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    Which is the silliest hill to die on. Imagine if Bill Belichick coached that way. If you're not putting the best players on the field just because you made a different decision earlier, is just crazy. If you're pride overrides putting your best players on the field, that's not a good thing. It's like not making halftime adjustments because you already had a gameplan in place.
    . . . your ill advised recording is getting old . . . have you been spending time with BWK . . .

2. Default Re: Your the Coach

Yeah, its impossible he made the wrong decision.
    . . . yes and it is possible he didn’t . . . we will see shortly what his decision is going forward . . . but rest assured that it will be his decision and not yours . . .

Default Re: Your the Coach

Which is the silliest hill to die on. Imagine if Bill Belichick coached that way. If you're not putting the best players on the field just because you made a different decision earlier, is just crazy. If you're pride overrides putting your best players on the field, that's not a good thing. It's like not making halftime adjustments because you already had a gameplan in place.
    Drew Bledsoe might have gotten a few more years in the league hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    It is obvious it is Zion Chriss, but I predict if Ben is Healthy he will get the start. Des already specifically stated that you don't lose a starting job due to injury in his program.
    So, if Ben is out 4 games, and Zeon starts those 4 games, we reel off 4 wins and Zeon lights it uphe's gonna start Ben in and sit Zeon? That would be the worst coaching decision of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by BabbForHeisman View Post
    Drew Bledsoe might have gotten a few more years in the league hahaha
    LoL! You're probably right!

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    . . . yes and it is possible he didn’t . . . we will see shortly what his decision is going forward . . . but rest assured that it will be his decision and not yours . . .
    Wow! Thank God you cleared that up for us. We were all thinking I was gonna be making all the coaching decisions! WHEW! You really cleared things up there for us, Cap'n

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    . . . your ill advised recording is getting old . . . have you been spending time with BWK . . .
    If this isn't the pot calling the kettle black

Well the difference is Bledsoe was out for more than just one game.

Someone asked above if Ben is out 4 games and we win all 4 (I’d even say 3 out of 4) and Zeon is playing REALLY well, then yeah, it would be crazy to suddenly bench him.

However, the question was if both are 100% healthy for next weekend, which means Ben played great vs ODU, got injured, then Zeon played great. That’s a much different situation that Ben missing multiple games (like Bledsoe did) and us being on a roll similar to New England that season.

Default Re: You're the Coach

I will say this. I just watched our first drive against ODU last week. Very efficient

I am not going to answer the question because I don’t have a feel for the team vibe. I will say I think it is a moot point as I don’t believe there is anyway Ben is 100 percent by next week. He may be able to play if necessary but that is not the same thing as being 100 percent. No, I don’t have any medical update on Ben. I just know you don’t recover from foot/ankle injuries quickly. Zeon Chriss will start this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    I am not going to answer the question because I don’t have a feel for the team vibe. I will say I think it is a moot point as I don’t believe there is anyway Ben is 100 percent by next week. He may be able to play if necessary but that is not the same thing as being 100 percent. No, I don’t have any medical update on Ben. I just know you don’t recover from foot/ankle injuries quickly. Zeon Chriss will start this week.
    No chance Ben plays next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Esqueleto View Post
    No chance Ben plays next week.
    Ben will be out 4 weeks is what I was just told.

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    Ben will be out 4 weeks is what I was just told.
    Hope we have the opportunity to get Lunch in a game too because we're up enough to pull the starters!

14. Default Re: You're the Coach

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    King of Reality says not at all likely. King
    Reality I’d also add that he’s not likely to practice very much with a bad foot, ankle.

15. Default Re: You're the Coach

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    Hope we have the opportunity to get Lunch in a game too because we're up enough to pull the starters!
    ……Hey Slick….we do think too much alike…Coach Des mentioned the young talent and the red shirting guidelines…but this seems like a game we might play some R shirts….(God I hate to even think that)…I just hate to see talent sitting on the bench like LL2 did and I see that the bowling ball we liked is doing well!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information