Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: You're the Coach

Default Re: Your the Coach

If the offense was completely flat last week and only scored 17 points, I’d say Zeon is the guy this point forward.

However, that’s not the case. Last week, Ben had one of this best games as a Cajun. No matter how excited we all are about what we saw last night, I’m not sure you just make the switch without Ben able to give one more go at it un-injured.

That said, while certainly we don’t want to go back to what we saw last season with the back and forth QBs, if Ben shows he can run the offense up and down the field, I think you still have to put some packages in for Zeon and trot him out there.

That’s what Urban Myer did with a Sr Chris Leak and underclassman Tim Tebow. It worked out great for Florida, and both those guys and their teammates fed off each others’ strengths.

Hell, Bill Walsh did it in grooming Montana to be the future, then went he thought maybe Montana was towards the end, he did it with Young. Though that situation wasn’t as happy and everyone holding hands as the Florida situation appeared to be.

2. Default Re: Your the Coach

. . . they will both play . . . The Bird

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    . . . they will both play . . . The Bird
    Only way for threads to continue! Woohoo!

I like Ben, he is a veru solid QB and very happy he is a Cajun. ZC is better.

If I was the coach, I think you have to start BW, but sprinkle in ZC kinda like Taysom Hill for the Saints.

Only way moving forward.

That way you keeping the defense off balance, if ZC is in there and they stack the box, that’s when you bomb it for another Louisiana Touchdown!

6. Default Re: Your the Coach

What’s a veru? BW might just be a tragic story in a long line of similar stories.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    What’s a veru? BW might just be a tragic story in a long line of similar stories.
    Very

8. Default Re: Your the Coach

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    Very
    Thanks, that’s what I thought but wanted to be sure.

Which ever one protects the football better. There is a reason Des named BW after seeing ZC an entire spring.

Chriss. The offense has a different…feel when he’s in there. I watched the ESPN highlights. He reminds me so much of Levi, except he is more open to moving. Y’all say he’s the LL 2.0; I say with a years worth of experience, he’s Brian Mitchell 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Well we already know that isn’t true. That’s how BW got the job to begin with. CF injury and our collective memories seem to have changed since then.
    Des did in fact say it this year about why Ben was the starter after healthy, but yea if he did it before, he can do it again. ZC clearly should
    Get the start regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by Grantvb View Post
    Chriss. The offense has a different…feel when he’s in there. I watched the ESPN highlights. He reminds me so much of Levi, except he is more open to moving. Y’all say he’s the LL 2.0; I say with a years worth of experience, he’s Brian Mitchell 2.0
    His style of play and body type is very similar to Lamar Jackson

That's Des's choice. However, I would like to point out that sometimes just putting a new face in at QB blows up the defense, because the new guy presents an unknown. Chriss was a phenom last night, but at least a small part of that was because UAB hadn't really prepared for him.

And once they got some experience with his style of play, he had already turned the game into a 'demolishment.'

Although the defense contributed a tiny bit.

Coaches do this for a living, they study it, they live it, they breathe it. They have a much larger database to draw from, and some of that manifests itself as 'intuition,' and a 'gut feeling.'

Two excellent quarterbacks, many knowns, and an infinite number of unknowns.

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    It is obvious it is Zion Chriss, but I predict if Ben is Healthy he will get the start. Des already specifically stated that you don't lose a starting job due to injury in his program.
    Which is the silliest hill to die on. Imagine if Bill Belichick coached that way. If you're not putting the best players on the field just because you made a different decision earlier, is just crazy. If you're pride overrides putting your best players on the field, that's not a good thing. It's like not making halftime adjustments because you already had a gameplan in place.

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    Which ever one protects the football better. There is a reason Des named BW after seeing ZC an entire spring.
    Yeah, its impossible he made the wrong decision.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information