Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Zeon Chriss

Default Re: Zeon Chriss

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    Based on the throws he made last night, I would say yes. Plus, his feet will still allow him to improvise and make plays like last night.
    I am not doubting his abilities. Just saying he did some things last night that once coaches see film and prepare for him won’t be there anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    He’s right-handed Levi with a better arm IMO.
    Way to early for that comment. Levi had an escape ability as if he had eyes behind his head. Let’s see what happens going forward.

3. Default Re: Zeon Chriss

Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa View Post
    Way to early for that comment. Levi had an escape ability as if he had eyes behind his head. Let’s see what happens going forward.
    . . . and Levi had The Bird behind him . . .

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    I am not doubting his abilities. Just saying he did some things last night that once coaches see film and prepare for him won’t be there anymore.
    My hope is that what they take away from Zeon will open other opportunities for us on offense. We gashed UAB up the middle numerous times last night after ZC was in the game. Our running game is already much improved over last season. Respecting the QB keeper adds a new dynamic.

5. Default Re: Zeon Chriss

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    It'll be curious to see ... how our offensive coaches devise game plans for him with more time.
    As some have alluded to with Desormeaux's background he is fully qualified to handle this situation properly.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    I knew the, "yeah but" crowd would show up.
    Definitely not yeah buting. I think Zeon has more upside then any QB we have had in the last quarter century. Just stating the fact that UAB had no tape on the kid.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa View Post
    Yes. Levi would make people miss in the pocket keeping his eyes down field to throw it. ZC early on appears to tuck it and run as soon as things break down and he feels pressure. Hopefully he gets more comfortable in the pocket as he gains experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    Definitely not yeah buting. I think Zeon has more upside then any QB we have had in the last quarter century. Just stating the fact that UAB had no tape on the kid.
    You are probably right. But there is a reason that none of us know completely why Des and Leger saw him take every rep during the spring and didn't name him the starter.

You are probably right. But there is a reason that none of us know completely why Des and Leger saw him take every rep during the spring and didn't name him the starter.
    My guess is ball security. He probably puts the ball in a little more danger than Ben. He has the it factor though. I think the coaches showed they believe in him by putting him in after Ben went down. They know he’s the most talented guy.

So, he won't make it as QB1?

11. Default Re: Zeon Chriss

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    So, he won't make it as QB1?
    . . . nobody has ever said that . . . all people have done is given information on why they believe CMD chose BW as QB1 . . .

ZC will be QB1 at some point in time. Is it now, who knows, but I will say this. IF, Ben is out for a couple of weeks and ZC plays well and leads us to wins against Buffalo AND Minnesota, then Des' decision becomes much more difficult, if it is a decision at all.

If Ben is OK to play this week and plays well against Buffalo, then it becomes easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman66 View Post
    ZC will be QB1 at some point in time. Is it now, who knows, but I will say this. IF, Ben is out for a couple of weeks and ZC plays well and leads us to wins against Buffalo AND Minnesota, then Des' decision becomes much more difficult, if it is a decision at all.

If Ben is OK to play this week and plays well against Buffalo, then it becomes easier.
    From what the kid did last night, it doesn't sound like a tough decision at all. The Jeanie's out of the bottle now & there ain't no putting it back in the bottle. I was only able to listen to the game, but can tell just by the way Jay & Gerald raved about the guy that he's dynamic as hell. So, you either play him, or watch him go elsewhere next season because you were too smart to play him. It's really a no brainer at this point thanks to Mother Nature.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    From what the kid did last night, it doesn't sound like a tough decision at all. The Jeanie's out of the bottle now & there ain't no putting it back in the bottle. I was only able to listen to the game, but can tell just by the way Jay & Gerald raved about the guy that he's dynamic as hell. So, you either play him, or watch him go elsewhere next season because you were too smart to play him. It's really a no brainer at this point thanks to Mother Nature.
    Aren’t you the football genius that said ZC should be a wide receiver?

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieK View Post
    Aren’t you the football genius that said ZC should be a wide receiver?
    I'm the guy who said he should be on the football field at any position if he wasn't the starting QB. Obviously, by his numbers I was correct although in your own _____ headed way, you will convince yourself that you who have no opinion of your own unless I give it to you, figured out another way to trap me in my web of truth. So go ahead Charlie. Kick the football troll master.

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 12 ... LastLast

Thread Information