Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 . LastLast

Thread: Zeon Chriss

Default Re: Zeon Chriss

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieK View Post
    He looked good Saturday avoiding that tendency. He had a couple dodgy choices, but a couple where he didn’t force it when he could have.

I know defenses will game plan differently for him and that will have an affect, but we will also have more time to game plan with him. Also the fact defenses will game plan for him means they will be forced to factor his running ability in, so if we are smart we can exploit openings created by that.

I agree….the key for him will be learning when to take risks and when not to. But this guy reminds me of Dez. They knew he could run too…and still couldn’t stop him.

He reminds me more of Blaine Gautier. He's a guy who can really throw it but happens to have some wheels on him. Des was a special qb running the ball but he left a lot to be desired as a passer.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    He will have growing pains. But his upside will shine through and we will be more explosive.
    I don't disagree with your assessment.

He will have growing pains. But his upside will shine through and we will be more explosive.
    Does it seem like he puts a bit too much air on his deep and even longer intermediate passes? Maybe something he's still trying to work on?

Or is that just me?

DP

Last edited by Cajunrunner; September 18th, 2023 at 10:47 am. Reason: DP

Do we know when Dre is expected back?

As long as Dre, Kibodi and the OL are healthy, we will be fine.

I think the difference is Ben is one of the best deep ball passers we’ve ever had. Zeon does throw a different ball, but we will see some more of him to judge it better.

I think the difference is Ben is one of the best deep ball passers we’ve ever had. Zeon does throw a different ball, but we will see some more of him to judge it better.
    I’ll trade the rare deep ball for the improved running. Deep balls rarely work no matter who throws them. Fools gold. I’m sure I’m in the minority in that opinion here :-)

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    Do we know when Dre is expected back?

As long as Dre, Kibodi and the OL are healthy, we will be fine.
    I know they were hoping it would be no later than the next conference game, but hopefully sooner.

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post
    The defense wasn't unprepared. It was a bad defense.

It looks as though Zeon is going to have an opportunity to be a starter, probably for more than one game. We'll see what he does with that opportunity. I'm very optimistic. But I want to see how he does as a starter.
    Did you guys make the flight by 1?

Quote Originally Posted by moorecajun View Post
    Did you guys make the flight by 1?
    We did. No time for post game showers. Got airborne with seven minutes to spare.

Update: Washington will be back this week. So will Robert Williams. George Jackson will probably be good to go.

Jax Harrington will be out this week.

We did. No time for post game showers. Got airborne with seven minutes to spare.

Update: Washington will be back this week. So will Robert Williams. George Jackson will probably be good to go.

Jax Harrington will be out this week.
    I know it is defense, but don't we get Marcus Wiser back this week?

Yes Sir!

If Chriss can get his mental experience in this weekend, and Jax can get healthy, the trip to Minnesota might be fun

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    I know it is defense, but don't we get Marcus Wiser back this week?
    No one asked about it. But my understanding was the suspension was for three games.

No one asked about it. But my understanding was the suspension was for three games.
    Also, I think we will be without Courtline Flowers for the first half because of a targeting penalty. This young man is having a pretty good start to the season.

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 . LastLast

Thread Information