Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst . 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 . LastLast

Thread: Zeon Chriss

Default Re: Zeon Chriss

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post
    When he got here, we had nothing. Not even our pride.

Rickey left this place infinitely better than the way he found it.
    Absolutely. I know Mike has Viator as an offensive analyst now. Often wonder if that changed if Ricky would be in favor of that position, with his old student. Is he still coaching?

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    Absolutely. I know Mike has Viator as an offensive analyst now. Often wonder if that changed if Ricky would be in favor of that position, with his old student. Is he still coaching?
    I believe he is the HC at Athens Christian School in Athens, Ga. Or at least he was most recently.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    When Desmo, Fenroy and Chery were all healthy, that might have been the sickest offense I've seen at Cajun Field.
    Consider others on that roster in 2008: Zanders, Blount, Rolle, Lewis-Buchanon, Melvin White, Orkeys Auriene, Derrick Smith, Pierre Hil, Dwight Bentley. Defense was loaded.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    I believe he is the HC at Athens Christian School in Athens, Ga. Or at least he was most recently.
    This is correct. I saw Brad Bustle when we were at ODU. I asked if Rickey would be attending Tyrell Fenroy's HOF induction. That's when he told me about Rickey coaching HS.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    Far be it from me to toot my horn, but.toot toot!! I've been telling yall Zeon is our QB1 since the first time he stepped on the field with that Cajuns jersey. This kid is a star!!! If you can't admit that he is the best QB on that roster, (and its not even close) you just don't want to be wrong. This is the Zeon era. Hang on for the ride!!!
    Did you stop to think we were hiding him?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    When Desmo, Fenroy and Chery were all healthy, that might have been the sickest offense I've seen at Cajun Field.
    Zone read freak show!

Need to play CF and not show ZC until beginning of next year when it’s to late to poach him. I could see a scenario where ZC gets offered big NIL, CF transfers out as a graduate and we have only Lunch and the kid from CHSBR on the roster next year. That’s if he follows through on his commitment and signs. I guess Des would be forced to use the portal in that case.

Quote Originally Posted by John Cocktolstoy View Post
    Need to play CF and not show ZC until beginning of next year when it’s to late to poach him. I could see a scenario where ZC gets offered big NIL, CF transfers out as a graduate and we have only Lunch and the kid from CHSBR on the roster next year. That’s if he follows through on his commitment and signs. I guess Des would be forced to use the portal in that case.
    We need to stop this “hide ____ so he doesn’t get poached with NIL” business. We need to play those guys who put us on the best position to win now, and if it is a younger guy with room to develop in the process, great.

We still have zero losses in the SBC West. You don’t bench anyone who gives us the best chance to win at their position because you’re afraid they’ll be tempted by trash trial lawyer money to go down the road. If they make that choice, so be it.

We’ll have to just move on and next man up.

The portal/NIL mean play your talent now, win now, because you have no idea how long you will have them. THAT is the new reality.

Quote Originally Posted by John Cocktolstoy View Post
    No, CF is the backup and that is the right move. Winning is the HC first priority and developing athletes to build your program is part of the responsibility. There is no hiding Zeon, every staff has someone in their organization tracking other program's rosters. Napier's staff knows who he is, Kelly's staff knows, Missouri's staff knows, Memphis and others.

It looks liked on some of the plays that saints put t.hill at qb, that care was still on field at wide out. Seemingly ignored but possibly open

Trying to hide your best players is a great way to gaurantee somebody else will be coaching them.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    Yes. Yes. Andmore yes! I keep saying this ad nauseum. I love Ben, but some people here are acting like Zeon is having to replace Tom Brady. Let's pump the brakes a bit. This gulf of separation just doesn't exist, unless we're discussing the one that exists between reality and some of yalls pride.
    No, some people are tying to tell you why he was playing behind Ben Woolridge. He clearly is the most talented in the QB room, he wasn't the most prepared when it came to understanding very important aspects of the offense and defensive recognition.

14. Default Re: Zeon Chriss

. . . hiding ZC or anyone for next year is probably one of the silliest concepts ever posted on RP since NIL and immediate eligibility transfer has been in place . . . BW is out, next man up . . .

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    No, some people are tying to tell you why he was playing behind Ben Woolridge. He clearly is the most talented in the QB room, he wasn't the most prepared when it came to understanding very important aspects of the offense and defensive recognition.
    In the interviews that he did yesterday, it didn't sound like Des didn't believe he was prepared to start this season. If he wasn't prepared, why did he get the nod over Fields when Fields is more experienced and listed number 2 on the depth chart? In fact he mentioned that Chriss was told to prepare like he was the starter. That doesn't sound like someone he believed was strictly third-string.

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst . 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 . LastLast

Thread Information