Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 . LastLast

Thread: Zeon Chriss

Default Re: Zeon Chriss

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    …Hey T-Bine….Geaux check out the drive that ZC handled in the Houston bowl game before the fumble that cost us the game….it was the same as UAB….ding ding zap zap rhum rhum…that’s whom I saw on the one play the week before and this week!
    Boomer, I agree with you totally. Without that fumble I believe we would have won that game, which would have started some different dominoes falling!

But, we are where we are so let's geaux from here!

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    What exactly did they see from Ben in camp? How much of a camp did he have to see exactly how he was leaps and bounds better than zeon? Ben is gone next year. Zeon is your future. This may hurt some feelings, and it's not personal, but NO ONE is coming to pluck Ben or Chandler from us. No one! But you want to sit the guy that you KNOW other teams will want. Unless Ben is far and away better than Zeon, then you run your future out there and let him learn. Ben wont be here next year. We are a young team. I want this kind of talent to learn THIS year! But there's nothing that's gonna convince me that Ben is that far ahead of Zeon. It's painfully obvious who is the more talented QB. It's not even close.
    What my source said, what they saw in camp and lots of last season was one QB who takes care of the ball and doesn't give it to the opposition. The other QB put it in dangerous situation often and threw lots of picks throughout spring and fall camp. The football is the most valued thing on a football field. If you repeatedly give it to the other team that is not good.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    No, I completely agree, CR was a very good Saint and a hell of a ST player, I never saw him, personally as a starting MLB. He was a role player and a great ST guy, but if you wanted an upgrade at MLB he wasn't (to me personally) the guy.

He knew what his role was on the team, and he was really good at it. Kyle said on 1420 one day (and I know he will deny it), that CR if he was playing would be a "Pro Bowl guy"
    Absolute. Dude had the fire.

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    What my source said, what they saw in camp and lots of last season was one QB who takes care of the ball and doesn't give it to the opposition. The other QB put it in dangerous situation often and threw lots of picks throughout spring and fall camp. The football is the most valued thing on a football field. If you repeatedly give it to the other team that is not good.
    He looked good Saturday avoiding that tendency. He had a couple dodgy choices, but a couple where he didn’t force it when he could have.

I know defenses will game plan differently for him and that will have an affect, but we will also have more time to game plan with him. Also the fact defenses will game plan for him means they will be forced to factor his running ability in, so if we are smart we can exploit openings created by that.

I agree….the key for him will be learning when to take risks and when not to. But this guy reminds me of Dez. They knew he could run too…and still couldn’t stop him.

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    Never said that at all. You do understand how film study and game planning works? Right. Defenses won't prepare the same for Zeon as they did for Ben. They had never seen film of Zeon. Defensive game plans will be different with Z in. Which means that Zone read and straight up QB runs won't be as wide open as they were on Saturday.
    No tape? He played a full bowl game.

Quote Originally Posted by cajuns80 View Post
    No tape? He played a full bowl game.
    You do realize Zeon did not come into the Bowl game until midway through the 3rd quarter, right? Chandler was in the game until he got hurt around the 3 minutes left in the 3rd quarter.

You do realize Zeon did not come into the Bowl game until midway through the 3rd quarter, right? Chandler was in the game until he got hurt around the 3 minutes left in the 3rd quarter.
    Thought it was the second quarter.but still there is tape

Thought it was the second quarter.but still there is tape
    No, according to the play by play, Chandler was in the game up until about 3 minutes left in the 3rd quarter. That is when Zeon came in, so you might have about a quarter or so. In fact, Zeon was in on about 3 series in the entire game. He was in on the Chris Smith fumble drive, then took over the next series when the Cajuns punted the ball deep to the Cougars and a couple of plays later, they scored on a long pass. Then he threw an INT to end the game with .03 left.

Not a ton of tape.

No, according to the play by play, Chandler was in the game up until about 3 minutes left in the 3rd quarter. That is when Zeon came in, so you might have about a quarter or so. In fact, Zeon was in on about 3 series in the entire game. He was in on the Chris Smith fumble drive, then took over the next series when the Cajuns punted the ball deep to the Cougars and a couple of plays later, they scored on a long pass. Then he threw an INT to end the game with .03 left.

Not a ton of tape.
    Y'all keep touting it as he just played against an unprepared defense. He will just keep proving yall wrong.

Y'all keep touting it as he just played against an unprepared defense. He will just keep proving yall wrong.
    No, I am not touting that, just stating facts. I think the kid is special and is going to ball out the next few weeks and beyond.

No, I am not touting that, just stating facts. I think the kid is special and is going to ball out the next few weeks and beyond.
    Right

The defense wasn't unprepared. It was a bad defense.

It looks as though Zeon is going to have an opportunity to be a starter, probably for more than one game. We'll see what he does with that opportunity. I'm very optimistic. But I want to see how he does as a starter.

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post

It looks as though Zeon is going to have an opportunity to be a starter, probably for more than one game. We'll see what he does with that opportunity. I'm very optimistic. But I want to see how he does as a starter.
    I'm optimistic as well that he is going to show that he should, and will be, the starter for many years to come.

He will have growing pains. But his upside will shine through and we will be more explosive.

And it doesn't get much easier for a bad defense, they have Georgia this weekend and Tulane the following week. They then get a USF team that gave Alabama fits and then good UTSA team. This could be a long year for Coach Dilfer. I have to believe he would have thought at worst he would have split the SBC games between us and Georgia Southern, instead he gave up 49 vs them and 41 vs us. Georgia and Tulane (if Pratt is healthy) could put 80 on them.

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 . LastLast

Thread Information