Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst . 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Thread: Zeon Chriss

Default Re: Zeon Chriss

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    Again we had no idea how bad Buffalo and UAB were going to be. This schedule will improve as the season goes and it won’t be as bad as expected. Is it great. No. Is it dog excrement. No.
    We also had no idea how good the 53 transfers and a new coach at Tx St would be. So that is a wash for one of those bad teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Zeon Chriss just did an interview with Dave Schultz on the Locked On Sun Belt podcast. Recommend folks give it a listen.
    Actually was going to post this, just listened to it, he seems like a really good young man.

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    We also had no idea how good the 53 transfers and a new coach at Tx St would be. So that is a wash for one of those bad teams.
    This is the problem with the preseason prognosticators now. It used to be much easier to predict teams and how they would perform each season because when you have roughly 20 kids signed to a recruiting class and about 15-17 make it to campus and 4-6 are redshirted, you can figure that a team would have an average of 10 new players each season that could make some sort of impact. So if they were good last year and replace 10 players and 7 were guys who were impact players, they would be down, if only 2 were impact then they would be the same or possibly better. Since the transfer portal and NIL and other factors, some teams have as many as 50 new players coming in on a team that carries 80 scholarships. Now you never know if a team won 3 games the previous year if they are going to win 3 or 9.

This is not the same situation as 5 years ago making preseason predictions. MAT knows this, the landscape of college football has changed dramatically and turning a 3-win team to a 9-win team in one year is much easier than it ever was before, that being said turning a 9-win team to a 3-win team is also just as easy.

5. Default Re: Zeon Chriss

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    . . . While we talk about every aspect along the way . . .
    Thought terminating cliches are death sentences to message boards. The point of coming here is to discuss things like the schedule.

6. Default Re: Zeon Chriss

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    ODU is not a bad team imo.
    TBD but their defense is certainly not good.

This is the problem with the preseason prognosticators now. It used to be much easier to predict teams and how they would perform each season because when you have roughly 20 kids signed to a recruiting class and about 15-17 make it to campus and 4-6 are redshirted, you can figure that a team would have an average of 10 new players each season that could make some sort of impact. So if they were good last year and replace 10 players and 7 were guys who were impact players, they would be down, if only 2 were impact then they would be the same or possibly better. Since the transfer portal and NIL and other factors, some teams have as many as 50 new players coming in on a team that carries 80 scholarships. Now you never know if a team won 3 games the previous year if they are going to win 3 or 9.

This is not the same situation as 5 years ago making preseason predictions. MAT knows this, the landscape of college football has changed dramatically and turning a 3-win team to a 9-win team in one year is much easier than it ever was before, that being said turning a 9-win team to a 3-win team is also just as easy.
    Yet you still do a bang up job getting us those breakdowns!! Always much appreciated!!

Actually was going to post this, just listened to it, he seems like a really good young man.
    We had him on "Louisiana Athletics Live" from Walk-Ons Monday night. Our time together was brief, but he's maybe more impressive off the field than he is on it.

And, that's saying a LOT.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    Yet you still do a bang up job getting us those breakdowns!! Always much appreciated!!
    Let me tell you this, it gets harder and harder every year. You rarely can look at last years information because there are so many changes on a roster from year to year. Y'all need to pay me more.

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post
    We had him on "Louisiana Athletics Live" from Walk-Ons Monday night. Our time together was brief, but he's maybe more impressive off the field than he is on it.

This was a first for me.

Dave: “Zeon what do you do during the rain delay. I heard Des didn’t talk to you much”

Zeon: “I like to put on some music and just relax”

Dave : “ What’s your go to in music pregame”

Zeon : “Gospel Music.”

I have never heard a student athlete answer Gospel to that question and I have heard 100s of interviews in my life, where that question is asked. Kid is definitely impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post

Next time you talk to him, tell him he is not allowed to leave us for another university. We'll take care of him. He'll be fine. I just want what is best for him. His Mom worries.

This was a first for me.

Dave: “Zeon what do you do during the rain delay. I heard Des didn’t talk to you much”

I have never heard a student athlete answer Gospel to that question and I have heard 100s of interviews in my life, where that question is asked. Kid is definitely impressive.
    That's awesome.

Where can I buy a ZC jersey ?????!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    That's awesome.

Where can I buy a ZC jersey ?????!!!!!
    https://athletesthread.com/products/.46a03ce3&_ss=c

This was a first for me.

I asked him the same question, and was equally impressed with his answer

15. Default Re: Zeon Chriss

Actually he had Buffalo tied for 2nd in the MAC East and going to a bowl game. He had UAB middle of the AAC pack. I think it was 8th out of 14.
    Would U quit bringing facts into focus?

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst . 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Thread Information