Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: The Portal & NIL

Default Re: The Portal & NIL

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    So, that many of you know, there are members of this board that are members of the collective committee. I don't want to get into the weeds here on how this is determined but suffice to say there is a way of handling each situation individually. I will say this with all certainty, until the money is at a certain point, there is no building a war chest for 1 single player in 1 sport and even then, I don't think that is what is going to happen. The goal is to make sure that we have enough money to make sure that we can help players out when they are in need or if we think that a situation is coming up where we need to compete vs another calling school.

This collective from what I understand is to better all of the sports and help the kids out that need it, when they need it.
    Dave, what you posted is 100% accurate. But there is a way to get specific players more money like MBB player Brown, he was offered over $100K. How it's down and through which mechanism I haven't a clue.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Dave, what you posted is 100% accurate. But there is a way to get specific players more money like MBB player Brown, he was offered over $100K. How it's down and through which mechanism I haven't a clue.
    You and everybody will be getting a breakdown very soon. Stay tuned.

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    You and everybody will be getting a breakdown very soon. Stay tuned.
    You buying a table for the basketball NIL function?

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    You buying a table for the basketball NIL function?
    Yessir

5. Default Re: The Portal & NIL

Quote Originally Posted by RougaWhite&Blue View Post
    Every thread by cajun fun is awesome.

What do you think about the seemingly carte Blanche ability for transfer portal transfers to get all of their academic credits to transfer yet the average student doesn't have that luxury.
    We all know there’s rules for everyone, and sometimes those rules are flexible.

Put this in that collective thread portal favor
    Surprised brad boyd didn't come up with the idea and plan to start he collective. Might be the future path to bigger coaching gigs. Is that what aiken's angle is? Otherwise I'm not sure what is his tie in to marlin or the cajuns?

Put this in that collective thread portal favor
    Surprised brad boyd didn't come up with the idea and plan to start he collective. Might be the future path to bigger coaching gigs. Is that what aiken's angle is? Otherwise I'm not sure what is his tie in to marlin or the cajuns?
    His tie-in is essentially making a small commission on all NIL donations according to the Krewe Allons website. He is properly motivated to market and go out and get donations.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTails View Post
    His tie-in is essentially making a small commission on all NIL donations according to the Krewe Allons website. He is properly motivated to market and go out and get donations.
    He doesn't want to coach anymore and this keeps him in southwest LA.

Ahh cool. But wouldn't some sort of financial professional be better suited to lead this type of endeavor?

Is Krewe Allons also a Mardi Gras krewe?

Ahh cool. But wouldn't some sort of financial professional be better suited to lead this type of endeavor?
    He just needs to be a fundraiser. He's miles better than the RCAF director in that regard.

There are other people behind the scenes handling that stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    There is some truth to what he said. However, I think this has more to do with a program that can't handle getting their tail whooped by someone they think is beneath them.

There are 15-20 schools in FBS that have semi-NFL rosters. The rest of the schools in the P5 think they have the same rosters when they don't. Schools like Oklahoma State are closer to South Alabama in talent then they are to the top of the P5.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread Information