Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst . 15 22 23 24 25 26 LastLast

Thread: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs. UAB

Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs. UAB

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    . . . I’m not delaying anything and will be more that happy with whatever choice our coaching staff makes . . . I believe last nights performance was out of character with what ZC has shown the coaching staff but he did enough last night to earn further consideration going forward . . . I am always for competition at every position . . . It’s the only way we get better . . .but I will usually go with the coaches decisions until proven otherwise . . . how HARD is that for you folks to comprehend . . . oh, comprehension is usually the issue here . . .
    How can he be out of character when he did the exact things he's suited to do best. Throw the deep ball and run.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    Look, while ZC was very exciting to watch, and the young man is hopefully our future and should only get better, defense was the main difference between last weekend and last night. We scored 31 points and had 458 yards (out-gained ODU) of offense last weekend.

However, last weekend we had 3 sacks with 3 total TFL (that means the sacks were our only tackles behind the line), and forced 0 turnovers. Gave up 382 total yards.

Last night we gained more yards, 513, gave up more total yards, 386, but coming up with big defensive plays in key moments was the difference. We forced 2 INTs, had 7 sacks with 8 total tackles behind the LOS. Also, only two penalties by our team last night.

The eye test, that offense really seemed to click with Zeon in Qs 2 and 3, but I also think the team was in a much better grove and the defense forced turnovers and more than double last weekend’s sacks.
    I disagree. The defense was back to playing like it probably should. But When BW went out, the defense was keeping us in the game. After Zeon's first couple of drives where he was obviously nervous, he settled down and was by far the difference maker. The offense hummed after that.

Keep in mind that UAB probably didn’t gameplan much for ZC. Not saying it would have mattered. On the flip side. I was impressed with ZC poise coming in off the bench, and commend the staff for having him ready. Not only did we not skip a beat, we may have changed the beat.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    . . . anyone can have all the analysis they want . . . does not mean anyone, especially the coach, needs to agree with it . . .
    Nobody is expecting the coach to agree with it. That's exactly what he was saying. Policy is not written on a fan's message board. But its fun to talk about it and analyze that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post
    Keep in mind that UAB probably didn’t gameplan much for ZC. Not saying it would have mattered. On the flip side. I was impressed with ZC poise coming in off the bench, and commend the staff for having him ready. Not only did we not skip a beat, we may have changed the beat.
    Yeah, I think the big leap will be this week and possibly next now that everybody will have full tape on him, I don't think you'll see him moving the ball quite as easily but hope I'm wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Yeah, I think the big leap will be this week and possibly next now that everybody will have full tape on him, I don't think you'll see him moving the ball quite as easily but hope I'm wrong.
    Full tape? He played 2 quarters of ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post
    According to the post game presser, CTD said they did prepare for ZC.

Levi had a lot of tape on him. Could still avoid the rush. That’s what Z helps with.

It's gonna be up to Zeon to make the correct reads. The second play for our offense after his 80 yard TD we gashed them up the middle for 11 yards. UAB's DE didn't crash waiting for Zeon to keep. Interested to see how ZC develops in the intermediate passing game. I would have to think there will be a lot of slants for the taking as teams load the box to take away the back and the QB keep.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    Look, while ZC was very exciting to watch, and the young man is hopefully our future and should only get better, defense was the main difference between last weekend and last night. We scored 31 points and had 458 yards (out-gained ODU) of offense last weekend.

However, last weekend we had 3 sacks with 3 total TFL (that means the sacks were our only tackles behind the line), and forced 0 turnovers. Gave up 382 total yards.

Last night we gained more yards, 513, gave up more total yards, 386, but coming up with big defensive plays in key moments was the difference. We forced 2 INTs, had 7 sacks with 8 total tackles behind the LOS. Also, only two penalties by our team last night.

The eye test, that offense really seemed to click with Zeon in Qs 2 and 3, but I also think the team was in a much better grove and the defense forced turnovers and more than double last weekend’s sacks.
    Just to add.
    IMO, we made an adjustment with the defensive line; having them in a contained rush keeping their qb in check made a huge difference.

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    Full tape? He played 2 quarters of ball.
    Well, it was more like 3 if you're trying to nitpick but the idea is that they have tape on him actually being the man and seeing how our offensive gameplan adjusts when the defense does. I'd say that's a pretty good example of what they can expect when facing him.

I disagree. The defense was back to playing like it probably should. But When BW went out, the defense was keeping us in the game. After Zeon's first couple of drives where he was obviously nervous, he settled down and was by far the difference maker. The offense hummed after that.
    1st drive: one play after BW injured, punt.

2nd drive: 0-3, punt

3rd drive: went 2-2 passing, had a 17 yard run and team drove to the 8 where Perry fumbled.

After that the offense was flying with him in.

So it took him 1 complete possession to get on track. Pretty damn impressive.

13. Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs. UAB

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieK View Post
    1st drive: one play after BW injured, punt.

2nd drive: punt

3rd drive: went 2-2 passing, had a 17 yard run and team drove to the 8 where Perry fumbled.

After that the offense was flying with him in.

So it took him 1 complete possession to get on track. Pretty damn impressive.
    …lSo I didn’t get back on espn+ in time to see the fumble…can somebody describe it?

UAB didn’t handle the rain delay very well. Being that we’ve already had 2 before Saturday appeared to help.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    According to the post game presser, CTD said they did prepare for ZC.
    Good to know. but since we fans didn't have any idea of just what Chriss could do, and he didn't break out until after the lightning delay, I wonder if UAB really knew what to expect?

Just a thought.

Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst . 15 22 23 24 25 26 LastLast

Thread Information