Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 12 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast

Thread: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs. UAB

Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs. UAB

One concern is that I saw Jax exit the game before we started really subbing out starters. Hopefully it isn’t anything serious.

Hard to make definitive statements about this team, but one thing I am extremely confident in is our running game. We have run it successfully in all three games this season. What an improvement over last year, and that’s without even considering the added element that ZC brings. If we can sure up the fumbles with our younger backs, we will put up some points.

What a game. Avoid the turnovers and this is a monster blowout.

4. Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs. UAB

Y’all so wrong about this team

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman66 View Post
    One concern is that I saw Jax exit the game before we started really subbing out starters. Hopefully it isn’t anything serious.
    Saw that. I’m not a doctor, but if you can go back and watch when he reached the sideline. Won’t speculate.

After much disgust and disappointment last week, the team responded by putting this game away and left no doubt. Staff adjusted scheme wise on defense from last week and stopped giving the same basic look most of the time.

Time will tell. Pleased with last night, yes. But it’s one game, like some pointed out last night, small sample size. Lots of improvement from game 1 and digression in game 2.

We beat a team we were supposed to beat! The way we beat them was remarkable. Next week should be another chance for ZC to establish himself as the leader of the team where he starts this game, get the first team reps in practice then execute against Buffalo. I knew we had talent on this team, but I was most impressed with the coaching staff making adjustments after last week's game. I don't know JMO but maybe coach Dez can't coach a traditional QB maybe his preference is a Chriss/Levi type guy because it appeared he was in stride the whole time Chriss was in. Maybe Chriss will save this team from themselves, I hope so. Geaux Cajuns.

Look, while ZC was very exciting to watch, and the young man is hopefully our future and should only get better, defense was the main difference between last weekend and last night. We scored 31 points and had 458 yards (out-gained ODU) of offense last weekend.

However, last weekend we had 3 sacks with 3 total TFL (that means the sacks were our only tackles behind the line), and forced 0 turnovers. Gave up 382 total yards.

Last night we gained more yards, 513, gave up more total yards, 386, but coming up with big defensive plays in key moments was the difference. We forced 2 INTs, had 7 sacks with 8 total tackles behind the LOS. Also, only two penalties by our team last night.

The eye test, that offense really seemed to click with Zeon in Qs 2 and 3, but I also think the team was in a much better grove and the defense forced turnovers and more than double last weekend’s sacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman66 View Post
    Saw he had a "cast" on his hand/wrist...

This was a dominant win on the road minus the garbage time sloppiness.

UAB's stadium and surrounding area is the best I've seen in the G5. If feels like a mini battery at the Brave's ballpark in Atlanta. First class all the way.

Looking forward to seeing an offense planned and practiced around ZC at the helm. Look what we did with an 1-1/2 hour rain delay to plan with.

Quote Originally Posted by LaGrid View Post
    What a game. Avoid the turnovers and this is a monster blowout.
    Even with turn overs it was 34-3 when he pulled the starters.

Zeon looked good last night but I ain’t gonna lie, when he threw one of his first passes that was intended for Peter but went 3 feet behind him, I got a little nervous.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa View Post
    Zeon looked good last night but I ain’t gonna lie, when he threw one of his first passes that was intended for Peter but went 3 feet behind him, I got a little nervous.
    LOL, so did I.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa View Post
    Agree! His first series and first few passes were late; but probably just “overthinking” and not wanting to make a mistake … which usually leads to mistakes! But once he settled in he was dynamic!

What a game to get this train back on the tracks and rolling!
    If we can hang on to this young talent on offense we are going to be good for years to come! Congrats to the special teams, defensive teams and coaches.
    I really like what I saw last night!
    Buffalo is about to get steam rolled!
    If we play like this we will have a chance at Minnesota.
    Congrats to Des, all the coaches, and the team!

2-1 baby!

Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 12 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast

Thread Information