Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: VB: Louisiana vs Nicholls

1. UL Volleyball VB: Louisiana vs Nicholls

The Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Volleyball team makes its much awaited and official home debut of the 2023 season when they host the Sawyer Camillo Memorial Classic from Thursday-Saturday, September 14-16 at E.K. Long Gym in Lafayette.

Default Re: VB: Louisiana Set to Make Official Home Debut

Quote Originally Posted by NewsCopy View Post

The Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Volleyball team makes its much awaited and official home debut of the 2023 season when they host the Sawyer Camillo Memorial Classic from Thursday-Saturday, September 14-16 at E.K. Long Gym in Lafayette.

The EK Long Gym is a very impressive Volleyball facility. It needs to be renamed the EK Long Volleyball Center (or something to that effect). And, remove the Southwestern sign and replace it with LOUISIANA.

Why does the Athletic website under Facilities not show updated photos of the new facility? Instead, it still shows the old one. And, when going to the Volleyball website, it has its own Facilities page. However, instead of showing updated photos, it shows all sports facilities which contrasts with the Athletics Facilities page. Someone needs to get this corrected. Just an overlooked marketing tool for people perusing our website.

UL Volleyball Pack EKL tonight

Should be a packed house tonight as the Cajun VB team returns home. Start at 6pm. Let's Geaux.

4. Default Re: VB: Louisiana Set to Make Official Home Debut

Not unreasonable HC.

I'd like to keep the historical signage for display somewhere.

A small four sided hisorical square somewhere that culminates with LOUISIANA.

5. Default Re: VB: Louisiana Set to Make Official Home Debut

. . . the sign should stay . . . it creates a semblance from what it was to what it is as one enters the facility . . . history, especially when it is so small should always be preserved and this is just a small way to do it . . .

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    . . . the sign should stay . . . it creates a semblance from what it was to what it is as one enters the facility . . . history, especially when it is so small should always be preserved and this is just a small way to do it . . .
    Keep and show the history somewhere within the facility, just not on the building when the university is now LOUISIANA. There is a reason no other athletic facility still has USL on it.

7. Default Re: VB: Louisiana Set to Make Official Home Debut

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    Keep and show the history somewhere within the facility, just not on the building when the university is now LOUISIANA. There is a reason no other athletic facility still has USL on it.
    . . . generally a great proposition . . . we just have differing positions as it pertains to that plaque . . . I believe it should stay as the sole outward reflection of where we came from and when you enter you see where we have come . . . it is a small yet large nuance . . .

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    The EK Long Gym is a very impressive Volleyball facility. It needs to be renamed the EK Long Volleyball Center (or something to that effect). And, remove the Southwestern sign and replace it with LOUISIANA.
    EKL is one of the more historic buildings on campus, and you should embrace it. If you want to instead erase some of that history because you're worried that an old sign would threaten your identity as the University of Louisiana, I feel like you have bigger problems.

The building is gorgeous the way it is. I would not remove the sign, I love it!

10. Default Re: VB: Louisiana Set to Make Official Home Debut

Quote Originally Posted by MelRock View Post
    The building is gorgeous the way it is. I would not remove the sign, I love it!
    . . . when whiskey talks, people should listen . . .

Where does one park to go to volleyball game it has been a few years since I have been I think I was able to park behind the gym.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunMarineBBK View Post
    Where does one park to go to volleyball game it has been a few years since I have been I think I was able to park behind the gym.
    still can park there.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunMarineBBK View Post
    You still can.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: VB: Louisiana Set to Make Official Home Debut

Keep the sign!

Cajuns win first set 25-17

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information