Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: To Portal or not to Portal .

Default Re: To Portal or not to Portal .

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    One of them was Tyler Brown from UL.
    That's true but he hasn't played a down for Colorado so far this year.

I think it’s stupid not to portal we need to use the portal as much as we can to get talent .

How you think our softball teams has are able to compete!! Glasco uses the portal why wouldn’t you use it in football?

Quote Originally Posted by cjr3888 View Post
    Well he isn't eligible to play. His waiver was denied.

Hasn't Des publicly said several times that he prefers to coach up his own players instead of trying to land transfers?

The whole flipside of the portal is the chance to get guys who thought they'd get more minutes on a P5 team and bring them here to play a ton? Hey maybe Trey Amos and his one tackle would like to come back

Quote Originally Posted by cjr3888 View Post
    It’s his 2nd transfer. Does he have to sit out a year?

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    Yes, his waiver was denied.

Quote Originally Posted by jaxmc1023 View Post
    Hasn't Des publicly said several times that he prefers to coach up his own players instead of trying to land transfers?

The whole flipside of the portal is the chance to get guys who thought they'd get more minutes on a P5 team and bring them here to play a ton? Hey maybe Trey Amos and his one tackle would like to come back
    I was listening to an interview with Phil Steele he was mentioning that most head coaches are telling him they have seen the most success with players from smaller schools that are getting playing time as opposed to those transferring from other P5s that are sitting the bench.made me think of Michael Jefferson, I remember when announced he was transferring from Alabama State there were a lot on here poo pooing on that but seemed to work outmaybe we need to be looking more at Southland/SWAC/WAC guys that are getting PT that we can coach upjust a thought

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJack55 View Post
    I was listening to an interview with Phil Steele he was mentioning that most coaches are telling them they have seen the most success with players from smaller schools that are getting playing time as opposed to those transferring from other P5s that are sitting the bench.made me think of Michael Jefferson, I remember when announced he was transferring from Alabama State there were a lot on here poo pooing on that but seemed to work outmaybe we need to be looking more at Southland/SWAC/WAC guys that are getting PT that we can coach upjust a thought
    Completely agree. These local FCS schools should be our first stop in the Portal. We can find value in there. It's just like grocery shopping. You have to know where to get quality product for cheap.

Wow. That might be quite the accomplishment to be the answer to that trivia question. First (or only?) Transfer portal player sitting out. Do those trivia contest people pay nil?

I'm guessing they couldn't have told him that in time before he left, so he could have changed mind and stayed?

Quote Originally Posted by RougaWhite&Blue View Post
    I'm guessing they couldn't have told him that in time before he left, so he could have changed mind and stayed?
    They thought he was going to get it with him transferring first time due to death of Coach Looney.

Will any transfer that is not from a Carnegie Tier R1 school meet our admission standards?

I was listening to an interview with Phil Steele he was mentioning that most head coaches are telling him they have seen the most success with players from smaller schools that are getting playing time as opposed to those transferring from other P5s that are sitting the bench.made me think of Michael Jefferson, I remember when announced he was transferring from Alabama State there were a lot on here poo pooing on that but seemed to work outmaybe we need to be looking more at Southland/SWAC/WAC guys that are getting PT that we can coach upjust a thought
    That’s actually a really interesting point. Makes total sense.

14. Default Re: To Portal or not to Portal .

For many years have I have called certain schools in the P5 talent graveyards.

Colorado makes roughly $15M per home game just in ticket sales. They had about 40 players they wanted to keep that left.

We can’t live in the portal and survive. Portal players, especially good ones, aren’t free. Have y’all not realized that?
    How are the other Sunbelt schools doing it then?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information