Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Defensive Achilles heels

Default Defensive Achilles heels

I was worried about the secondary before the season started, now more than ever. Secondly, the defense cannot seem to handle the "hurry up" offense. Coach Morgen may be able to address the problem with the hurry up, but the secondary is what it is.

I am not an expert by any stretch of the imagination. Am I missing something?

2. UL 1984, 1999 . . . . Re: Defensive Achilles heels

Quote Originally Posted by Crawfish View Post
    I was worried about the secondary before the season started, now more than ever. Secondly, the defense cannot seem to handle the "hurry up" offense. Coach Morgen may be able to address the problem with the hurry up, but the secondary is what it is.

I am not an expert by any stretch of the imagination. Am I missing something?
    Nope! Either unable to compete physically, or can’t make adjustments. Probably a bit of both. Gonna be hard to get fixed

Default Re: Defensive Achilles heels

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Nope! Either unable to compete physically,
    This is what is most concerning. We lost some guys during the off-season and the guys in there got flat out beat several times.

Quote Originally Posted by Crawfish View Post
    This is what is most concerning. We lost some guys during the off-season and the guys in there got flat out beat several times.
    And everyone will see the ODU video now.

1. If you think teams are going to change to a hurry up offense against us the rest of the year because of the ODU film.

2. If you think ODU’s hurry up offense will burn everyone like it did us.

Y’all need to watch more football.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post
    1. If you think teams are going to change to a hurry up offense against us the rest of the year because of the ODU film.

Against us I would use a lot of tempo with stacked wideouts… we can’t stop it

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post

Most teams won’t scrap their whole offense to become similar to ODU for one week. However I do think they will incorporate some of what ODU did when playing the Cajuns. Things they believe are easy to install.

8. Default Re: Defensive Achilles heels

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Most teams won’t scrap their whole offense to become similar to ODU for one week. However I do think they will incorporate some of what ODU did when playing the Cajuns. Things they believe are easy to install.
    Good point

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    We will see it again at TxSt.

We all saw our DBs get burnt over the top all game long Sat. What I thought was funny was, as soon as our game was over, I switch to Alabama vs Texas. Very 1st play I saw was a Texas TD on a route right down the middle of the field. Who was the DB covering on the play? Trey Amos.

11. Default Re: Defensive Achilles heels

Quote Originally Posted by mxpxfr690 View Post
    Against us I would use a lot of tempo with stacked wideouts… we can’t stop it
    . we didn’t stop it . . . doesn’t mean we can’t stop it . . . adjust . . .

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    . we didn’t stop it . . . doesn’t mean we can’t stop it . . . adjust . . .
    We just lost a conference game on the road where the entire defensive coaching staff looked inept.tell me what you saw that gives you faith that we can adjust? the personnel just isnt there

13. Default Re: Defensive Achilles heels

Quote Originally Posted by cajuns80 View Post
    We just lost a conference game on the road where the entire defensive coaching staff looked inept.tell me what you saw that gives you faith that we can adjust? the personnel just isnt there
    . . . it’s not my job to see what is not there . . . I do have confidence that what we saw this weekend is not the best we have . . . it’s up to the coaching staff and roster to adjust and make it the best we have . . . with hope both were somewhat deficient from what they can actually do . . . I believe that is how that works . . .

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    . . . it’s not my job to see what is not there . . . I do have confidence that what we saw this weekend is not the best we have . . . it’s up to the coaching staff and roster to adjust and make it the best we have . . . with hope both were somewhat deficient from what they can actually do . . . I believe that is how that works . . .
    gotchablind faith in this coaching staff

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Good point
    Frank Gore, Jr will have a record setting day. As might a few others.

Blind faith…only one person deserves that. And HE is not employed by UL.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information