Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 . LastLast

Thread: Zeon Chriss

Default Re: ZC ….

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    Redshirts irrelevant in the NIL age of college sports. Play the horses when you have them.
    This ^^^^

2. Default Re: ZC ….

Quote Originally Posted by FeelDaRage View Post
    Bring him in just to run? He can throw the ball too you know.
    I meant run plays like he did yesterday. I’m aware he can throw the ball. There is a reason why he isn’t the starting quarterback though. Our defense is terrible and he threw 3 picks at the spring game vs the first team defense 🤷_♂️ no question the kid is talented, that just means he is not ready. From what I heard He also got out played in fall camp by CF.

3. Default Re: ZC ….

I’m pretty sick of people trashing our players. BW is the QB because his coach believes he’s the best option. If he changes his mind we will have a new starting QB.

Y’all opinions are valid to yourselves only. Creating as much controversy as possible it seems.

4. Default Re: ZC ….

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    If we are 1-3, I’ll watch all the INTs that he would through.

Look at the schedule, we needed to be 7-1 going into South Alabama to have a shot at an SBC title.

Bowl games don’t mean squat anymore. Forget that concept, it’s worthless. The CFP is a possibility now and this program can actually achieve that.
    Bowl games mean squat for sure. Still a chance to get extra practice and end the game on a solid win. Only one team in the group of five has a chance. That’s 60 plus don’t mean squat to you.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    I’m pretty sick of people trashing our players. BW is the QB because his coach believes he’s the best option. If he changes his mind we will have a new starting QB.

Y’all opinions are valid to yourselves only. Creating as much controversy as possible it seems.
    Paying customers have the right to vent. Just like you vent about basketball players and coaches.

6. Default Re: ZC ….

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    Paying customers have the right to vent. Just like you vent about basketball players and coaches.
    Everyone has a right to vent, and I have a right to tell them what I believe about their venting. Mostly for me it’s about a mediocre basketball coach who’s had over a decade to show he’s better than mediocre. That’s a big sample size. CMD definitely gets this year and two more. NIL, Transfer Portal created a whole new world as he was taking over. Gotta get his sea legs.

Quote Originally Posted by SMD7636 View Post
    Does UL pay full academic scholarships for student athletes?
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by DaBoot View Post
    Sorry guys, but Ben is inconsistent and streaky at best

ZC 1 play 13 yds and on the the bench next play
    Didn't notice when Ben was playing defense? Can you clue me in on how Ben's play accounted for the atrocious defensive showing this game? I agree, ZC should have more touches but when your defense is playing like elementary school football, then Patrick Mahommes would have lost this game also.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunSaint08 View Post
    Didn't notice when Ben was playing defense? Can you clue me in on how Ben's play accounted for the atrocious defensive showing this game? I agree, ZC should have more touches but when your defense is playing like elementary school football, then Patrick Mahommes would have lost this game also.
    Exactly. The offense put up 458 yard of total offense, scored 31 points, had no turnovers and dominated TOP [37.5 min to 22.5 min]. The game was not lost by the offense.

Quote Originally Posted by SMD7636 View Post
    Does UL pay full academic scholarships for student athletes?
    Yes and cost of living stipend to football players.

If we are 1-3, I’ll watch all the INTs that he would through.

Look at the schedule, we needed to be 7-1 going into South Alabama to have a shot at an SBC title.

Bowl games don’t mean squat anymore. Forget that concept, it’s worthless. The CFP is a possibility now and this program can actually achieve that.
    At 1-3 our other 2 loses would be to UAB and Minnesota. The west would still be very much in play. Play whatever guy gives you the better chance to win it.

We were also told Blaine Guatier couldn’t learn the playbook.
    And he couldn’t until the play book changed. Ever think maybe the new staff had easier concepts to learn than the previous? Blaine never could grasp Bustle’s playbook but could HUD’s. 2 different books.

But we know about ZC because he had multiple picks in the spring game and we talk to people who are at practice every day.

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    And he couldn’t until the play book changed. Ever think maybe the new staff had easier concepts to learn than the previous? Blaine never could grasp Bustle’s playbook but could HUD’s. 2 different books.

But we know about ZC because he had multiple picks in the spring game and we talk to people who are at practice every day.
    Couldn't grasp Bustle's in two years but grasped Hud's in one off-season to the tune of then school records in stats and a bowl win? Yeah okay. Bustle never really gave him a chance.
    Hud put the most dynamic QB on the field even with the more experienced Masson still on the team and it yielded results.

14. Default Re: ZC ….

Quote Originally Posted by FeelDaRage View Post
    Couldn't grasp Bustle's in two years but grasped Hud's in one off-season to the tune of then school records in stats and a bowl win? Yeah okay. Bustle never really gave him a chance.
    Hud put the most dynamic QB on the field even with the more experienced Masson still on the team and it yielded results.
    . . . I guess Hud was a swinger in all respects . . .

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    Ben wasn’t the issue. Think about it.
    I will put one huge play on Ben, and it may have changed the outcome of the game. Early in the game on a 3rd and 6 at the 11-yard line, Ben rolled out to throw a pass, he had Neil Johnson wide open underneath in the flat at the 8-yard line for a first down and possibly a TD with Neal's size and strength. Worst case scenario it would have been 1st and goal from the 4 or 5-yard line. Instead, Ben tried to force one in the back of the end zone to a Peter Leblanc, we ended up hitting a FG that made the game 10-7 rather than 14-7. Had we scored on that possession all we would have needed was a FG at the end of the game to tie the game.

I think that play was on Ben, other than that, I thought he played extremely well. The defense was a disaster, but we were still in the game at the end. Had we made that play to NJ chances are we go to overtime with a chance to win. I also thought the play calling from 1st and goal at the 7 at the end of the game was atrocious.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 . LastLast

Thread Information