Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Zeon Chriss

Default Re: ZC ….

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    I will put one huge play on Ben, and it may have changed the outcome of the game. Early in the game on a 3rd and 6 at the 11-yard line, Ben rolled out to throw a pass, he had Neil Johnson wide open underneath in the flat at the 8-yard line for a first down and possibly a TD with Neal's size and strength. Worst case scenario it would have been 1st and goal from the 4 or 5-yard line. Instead, Ben tried to force one in the back of the end zone to a Peter Leblanc, we ended up hitting a FG that made the game 10-7 rather than 14-7. Had we scored on that possession all we would have needed was a FG at the end of the game to tie the game.

I think that play was on Ben, other than that, I thought he played extremely well. The defense was a disaster, but we were still in the game at the end. Had we made that play to NJ chances are we go to overtime with a chance to win. I also thought the play calling from 1st and goal at the 7 at the end of the game was atrocious.
    He's a one read QB. He looks really good when that one WR is open.

I will put one huge play on Ben, and it may have changed the outcome of the game. Early in the game on a 3rd and 6 at the 11-yard line, Ben rolled out to throw a pass, he had Neil Johnson wide open underneath in the flat at the 8-yard line for a first down and possibly a TD with Neal's size and strength. Worst case scenario it would have been 1st and goal from the 4 or 5-yard line. Instead, Ben tried to force one in the back of the end zone to a Peter Leblanc, we ended up hitting a FG that made the game 10-7 rather than 14-7. Had we scored on that possession all we would have needed was a FG at the end of the game to tie the game.

I think that play was on Ben, other than that, I thought he played extremely well. The defense was a disaster, but we were still in the game at the end. Had we made that play to NJ chances are we go to overtime with a chance to win. I also thought the play calling from 1st and goal at the 7 at the end of the game was atrocious.
    It appeared we sent really only had 1 receiver who was in the action on each of the plays. In none of the 4 attempts did it look like Ben had extra options besides the main target. I will say this, had Ben completed the pass to Terrance Carter (I believe the ball was tipped at the line), I believe Terrance would have scored, he was that open.

Quote Originally Posted by cajuns80 View Post
    You serious Clark? A lot of the pass concepts our offense runs on relies on Ben making at a minimum 2 reads.

Quote Originally Posted by cajuns80 View Post
    The guy is constantly scanning the field. If you actually focus on just the QB you can see he is going through his progressions as long as the line is giving him time. You couldn’t be more wrong.

It appeared we sent really only had 1 receiver who was in the action on each of the plays. In none of the 4 attempts did it look like Ben had extra options besides the main target. I will say this, had Ben completed the pass to Terrance Carter (I believe the ball was tipped at the line), I believe Terrance would have scored, he was that open.
    The slow mo replay revealed that it was not tipped just poorly thrown.

.the issue is our HC is in over his head.

Quote Originally Posted by no1cajunfan View Post
    .the issue is our HC is in over his head.
    Man, y'all Des haters are reaching hard. If ODU blew us out 4+ scores and we could barely move the ball ourselves, and kids started portaling out almost immediately.

Those would be signs our HC was in over his head.

CLM got outcoached and I look forward to how he and his group responds. That's the fun of CFB.

8. Default Re: ZC ….

. . . many people are here because they just can’t have fun at any college sports, even if it is their proclaimed team . . .

Quote Originally Posted by RedTails View Post
    Man, y'all Des haters are reaching hard. If ODU blew us out 4+ scores and we could barely move the ball ourselves, and kids started portaling out almost immediately.

Those would be signs our HC was in over his head.

CLM got outcoached and I look forward to how he and his group responds. That's the fun of CFB.
    Scored 31 on the road, improved in almost every aspect of the game from week 1 to week 2.still plenty of work to do but hardly "over his head".

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJack55 View Post
    Scored 31 on the road, improved in almost every aspect of the game from week 1 to week 2.still plenty of work to do but hardly "over his head".
    When you say improved in almost every aspect of the game, are you referring to only the offensive side of the ball?

Quote Originally Posted by FeelDaRage View Post
    Couldn't grasp Bustle's in two years but grasped Hud's in one off-season to the tune of then school records in stats and a bowl win? Yeah okay. Bustle never really gave him a chance.
    Hud put the most dynamic QB on the field even with the more experienced Masson still on the team and it yielded results.
    How do you know Bustle never gave him a chance? Were you at practice every day and in the position meetings?

Bustle coached both Michael Vick and Jim Druckenmiller both completely different style QBs. He was able to design his offense around both to fit their individual styles. He was known for being a great QB coach when he was hired here. I am sure he played the QB that he thought gave him the best chance to win.

12. Default Re: ZC ….

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    How do you know Bustle never gave him a chance?
    Look at the various post game play-by-play charts.

It will tell you if Bustle gave him a chance.

13. Default Re: ZC ….

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Look at the various post game play-by-play charts.

It will tell you if Bustle gave him a chance.
    . . . that is ugly . . . everyone knows that only shows if one earned playing time . . . your chance is earned at practice . . .

14. Default Re: ZC ….

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    . . . that is ugly . . . everyone knows that only shows if one earned playing time . . . your chance is earned at practice . . .
    Coach Faulkinberry (who went to a lot of practices) told me, Jake Delhomme was a terrible practice quarterback.

15. Default Re: ZC ….

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Coach Faulkinberry (who went to a lot of practices) told me, Jake Delhomme was a terrible practice quarterback.
    . . . in that instance, you need to be lucky . . . look how long it took him to get off a practice squad and into a game in the NFL . . . he managed to overcome that issue twice . . . work while you wait Zeon . . .

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread Information