Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst . 28 35 36 37 38

Thread: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs. Old Dominion University

Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs. Old Dominion University

Defense was atrocious. We will see this type of offense one more time this year. TxSt runs something very similar.

On offense we got Pete Carroll’d at the goal line. WTF were we thinking. Two RBs, that were having great games, over 220 pound bowling balls and they don’t touch the ball.

We were asking a right-handed quarterback--who seemed to be favoring his surgically reconstructed knee--to roll left. You would think a kid with that kind of arm talent would not mess that throw up, but it happens. Who called 4 straight pass plays when he knows his receiving corps is inexperienced in money situations? Why was his quarterback running for his life on the money drive? Was it because QB1 lacks confidence in his receivers and his offensive line? Was it because QB1 lacked confidence in the play-caller? Who knows?

All I know is you have to put your kids in a position to be successful, and this coaching staff has not done that.

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    This. I’m not sure how someone could watch last night’s game and think that QB was even in our top 5 problems.
    Exactly everyone _____ing about the QB. Last night was one of the better offensive performances by the new staff. Defensively it was one of the worst

Very much agreed, at the bare minimum they should have run the ball on 1st and goal.
    I would have loved des to bring in zeon Chriss on one of those goal line plays to make them defend the qb and maybe leave a receiver open

Quote Originally Posted by Hudsheen#Fired View Post
    Very much agreed, at the bare minimum they should have run the ball on 1st and goal.
    I would have loved des to bring in zeon Chriss on one of those goal line plays to make them defend the qb and maybe leave a receiver open
    The game is to fast for our coaching staff to think that quick.

Also a few things I don't understand about last night. Why bring in Bill Davis if you planned on only giving him 2 carries (which he looked pretty good on)? Also Harvey Broussard looked incredible in the first half but doesn't get a single target in the second half

7. Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs. Old Dominion University

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    The game is to fast for our coaching staff to think that quick.
    RougaWhite&Blue should have gone into coacing he can think about 10 things at once.

8. Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs. Old Dominion University

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    RougaWhite&Blue should have gone into coacing he can think about 10 things at once.
    . . . but can he think them fast . . .

9. Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs. Old Dominion University

Quote Originally Posted by Louisiana84 View Post
    We were asking a right-handed quarterback--who seemed to be favoring his surgically reconstructed knee--to roll left. You would think a kid with that kind of arm talent would not mess that throw up, but it happens. Who called 4 straight pass plays when he knows his receiving corps is inexperienced in money situations? Why was his quarterback running for his life on the money drive? Was it because QB1 lacks confidence in his receivers and his offensive line? Was it because QB1 lacked confidence in the play-caller? Who knows?

All I know is you have to put your kids in a position to be successful, and this coaching staff has not done that.
    …couldn’t tell……was the ball tipped by a defender?

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    …couldn’t tell……was the ball tipped by a defender?
    At first glance, I thought last pass by Ben was tipped by a defender. Dez did mention it in post game. Therefore I presume it likely was not tipped.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    At first glance, I thought last pass by Ben was tipped by a defender. Dez did mention it in post game. Therefore I presume it likely was not tipped.
    https://odumonarchists.com/2023/09/1.-vs-odu-recap/

I don’t believe it was tipped. There is a video in this article that shows a great angle. Just a under thrown ball.

I just can’t get over the fact that we didn’t run the ball down there with 2 timeouts. Really head scratching.

13. Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs. Old Dominion University

. . . is definitely still a mystery . . .

14. Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs. Old Dominion University

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    I just can’t get over the fact that we didn’t run the ball down there with 2 timeouts. Really head scratching.
    Thats what the ODU coaches were expecting.

No way you can settle for just 3 yards a pop, that would gain 12 yards and only 7 were needed.

Seriously, can't be fearful that they know whats coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Thats what the ODU coaches were expecting.

No way you can settle for just 3 yards a pop, that would gain 12 yards and only 7 were needed.

Seriously, can't be fearful that they know whats coming.
    Dez said in his post game presser it was because they had a blitz package in and forcing everything to the outside. Still think a run keeps them honest. I was even thinking put Zeon in and make them believe a run was coming so they stack the box only for Zeon to hit a TE/WR while on the run. Oh well.

Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst . 28 35 36 37 38

Thread Information