Page 37 of 38 FirstFirst . 27 34 35 36 37 38 LastLast

Thread: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs. Old Dominion University

Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs. Old Dominion University

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    . . . the amusement and silliness from this board kills the pain just a little bit . . . the wine should take care of the rest . . . tonight, Stagg’s Leap Petit Syrah . . . was a nice wine
    They don't carry that at Nightown dude.

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    If a defense pitches a shut out don't you still have to score to win the game?
    You saying our D pitched a shutout? You drinking that V wine?

Quote Originally Posted by ultracajun View Post
    You saying our D pitched a shutout? You drinking that V wine?
    You must have missed the first word. IF

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    You must have missed the first word. IF
    It it were a fifth

5. Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs. Old Dominion University

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Adopt or adapt? Do you know the difference?
    . . . let me spell it out for you . . . you posted about 50 times tonight and the only one which remotely made any sense was when you adopted Mikes post . . . you have demonstrated that you are incapable of adapting . . . there you go . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Soldier View Post
    QB isn't the problem the coaching staff is our problem
    I don’t disagree, but Ben won’t be around to see a new coaching staff. Zeon might.

I thought that was one of Bens best games. Good decision making, didn’t sit around in the pocket. No QB throws it perfect every time. The last play was once again another bad play call. Roll your right handed qb to the left to throw on the run to a wr short of the goal line.

We had first and goal at the 7. Should have run the ball every damn play. They wouldn’t have kept us out of the endzone.

There was a drive we were plowing it between the tackles. We pick up a first down and go empty backfield 2 plays in a row for 0 yards. I mean I’m drunk and could call a better game.

And with all that said about the offense. The defense was too bad to win.

I still don’t understand how well Lamar has done here schematically to this point, how he could get out coached so badly. He had no answers for anything they did.

8. Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs. Old Dominion University

The offense put up points, play calling on offense got too cute. With an opportunity to tie the game you didn't bother to run it once.

Defense. We looked bad. We got manhandled in the trenches and struggled to bring their running back down. Our secondary got torched. We didn't adjust to their tempo offense and were caught looking to the sidelines for a play while they were snapping the football. I think losing Amos and Pedescleaux in the secondary were bigger than this staff accounted for when they transferred.

Coach Des and his staff will have to figure this out very quickly otherwise this season will be a long one. A few visits to the portal are needed to strengthen this defense for next season.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    If we’d lost 31-14, it’s creeping to the ledge. It’s about what you expect on the road. You didn’t play well. Had a shot and didn’t execute.

Totally believe they’d have gone for 2 if they scored. Just had to run the ball.

Oh….
    Foote posted that CMD stated he would NOT have gone for two had we scored…

Quote Originally Posted by barisaxman View Post
    Foote posted that CMD stated he would NOT have gone for two had we scored…
    I don’t disagree with it. With starting at the 25, less likely we could get torched on the outsides, which means we could keep additional defenders near the middle instead of having 3-4 there for their east runs.

Now it may not have worked, but that would have been my move

Honestly I thought the offense was fine. They played well enough to win. Besides a few BONEHEADED play calls I was happy with the offense. The reverse was a ridiculous call. Throwing spot passes behind the line of scrimmage on 3rd and long was ridiculous. And not running the god damn football at the goal line with plenty of time and 2 timeouts was icing on the cake though.

The defenseholy crap the defense. I don't think I have ever seen a defense be so out of place at all times. Absolutely no adjustments at any point. No safety help. Trying to stop the run being completely outmanned in the box. I know ODU was running an insane spread, but that's not an excuse. Freaking adjust. Do something, anything.

I saw this movie last year. I thought we would see some improvement from Des between years 1 and 2. So far I am wrong. Situational awareness and game management is not there. Another L in a close game.

450 plus total yards and no turnovers in the rain. Let’s blame “QB1”

13. Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs. Old Dominion University

This loss was not on the offense, but the win was squarely on their shoulders for the taking.

Bustle lost a game by rushing 4 straight plays at the goal line.

Four straight passing plays is no better.

When you out think yourself by adopting the thought process of surely they will be expecting us to do something else so lets do the same things again, again, again you've dug yourself a hole.

There is a chance it could have worked, but why not mix it up and make the opponent think for real.

Quote Originally Posted by FeelDaRage View Post
    OK, but the receiver may have been stopped up anyway because for some strange reason we continue to call plays short of the sticks.
    A better throw and Jackson walks into the endzone.

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    450 plus total yards and no turnovers in the rain. Let’s blame “QB1”
    This. I’m not sure how someone could watch last night’s game and think that QB was even in our top 5 problems.

Page 37 of 38 FirstFirst . 27 34 35 36 37 38 LastLast

Thread Information