Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 . LastLast

Thread: App St Drawing Interest from AAC

Default App St Drawing Interest from AAC

Current Dennis Dodd, CBS sports column about AAC's recruitment of Army joining their conference also states App St. is drawing interest from AAC, too. No sources nor details were given but maybe App St. will bolt from SBC at first opportunity.

Default Re: App St Drawing Interest from AAC

Quote Originally Posted by Duckster View Post
    Current Dennis Dodd, CBS sports column about AAC's recruitment of Army joining their conference also states App St. is drawing interest from AAC, too. No sources nor details were given but maybe App St. will bolt from SBC at first opportunity.
    I don’t see them making the move. Their fanbase is way too happy in the SBC East.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    I don’t see them making the move. Their fanbase is way too happy in the SBC East.
    Maybe so but fanbases dont make those decisions

4. Default Re: App St Drawing Interest from AAC

. . . here we go again . . .

Read the article and I think if Army joins they will be done for now. He mentioned AAC HAD interest in App State.now if Army doesnt join who knows

The AAC looks eerily similar to cusa in their development, or should I say, destruction. If i were choosing between buy or sell, I'm choosing sell.

They are selling what they were, not what they are becoming. I believethe SBC is on a solid foundation and getting off to another good start this year. Stay the course.

Look, I love App State's football fan base and their location and their passion, but let's get real about this. Outside of football, App State brings very little to the table in the way of athletics, baseball, softball, men's and women's hoops have been, meh at best. Football is strong and I get that, and fan base is great for football, I get that. But Boone is 2 hours from 3 different airports, two of which you would have to connect into, the other being Charlotte. (The other two being Greensboro and Tri Cities, TN). They, to me, just don't fit the mold of the AAC at this point.

Besides Army, Liberty or UCONN, I don't see them adding anyone, especially any SBC schools.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    Look, I love App State's football fan base and their location and their passion, but let's get real about this. Outside of football, App State brings very little to the table in the way of athletics, baseball, softball, men's and women's hoops have been, meh at best. Football is strong and I get that, and fan base is great for football, I get that. But Boone is 2 hours from 3 different airports, two of which you would have to connect into, the other being Charlotte. (The other two being Greensboro and Tri Cities, TN). They, to me, just don't fit the mold of the AAC at this point.
    Really really really good points. Football is the money maker though so anything is possible when considering that one sport.

Funny. The article doesn't say whether App had any interest in the AAC. Suspect that they don't.

Quote Originally Posted by JoshuaC View Post
    Really really really good points. Football is the money maker though so anything is possible when considering that one sport.
    App State does not fit the AAC model, i.e. universities in large markets.

12. Default Re: App St Drawing Interest from AAC

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    App State does not fit the AAC model, i.e. universities in large markets.
    This:

Tell me what one of these does not have to do with the others:

Philadelphia
    Memphis
    New Orleans
    Birmingham
    Dallas
    Tulsa
    Suburb of Miami
    Charlotte
    Suburb of Dallas
    Greenville, NC (only about an hour from Raleigh)
    Suburb of Washington DC
    Houston
    Tampa/St Pete
    San Antonio
    Boone, NC

The closest you could compare is Boone and Greenville are related in some way, but again, Greenville is only about an hour (give or take) from the Raleigh/Durham Metro area. I think if anything/anybody would fit into the AAC dynamic that we would have to be concerned with it could be the following in the SBC.

ODU or Georgia State, maybe a stretch would be Texas State (but they already have the San Antonio market with UTSA).

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    This:

Tell me what one of these does not have to do with the others:

Philadelphia
    Memphis
    New Orleans
    Birmingham
    Dallas
    Tulsa
    Suburb of Miami
    Charlotte
    Suburb of Dallas
    Greenville, NC (only about an hour from Raleigh)
    Suburb of Washington DC
    Houston
    Tampa/St Pete
    San Antonio
    Boone, NC

The closest you could compare is Boone and Greenville are related in some way, but again, Greenville is only about an hour (give or take) from the Raleigh/Durham Metro area. I think if anything/anybody would fit into the AAC dynamic that we would have to be concerned with it could be the following in the SBC.

ODU or Georgia State, maybe a stretch would be Texas State (but they already have the San Antonio market with UTSA).
    While i get your point, nothing makes sense in conference realignment any more, its getting to the point of survival of the fittest. Everything is being thrown out the window.

14. Default Re: App St Drawing Interest from AAC

. . . its is all really silly and especially silly to even delve into as an ordinary fan . . .

If the Sun Belt was really the slam dunk place to be, we wouldn’t be worried about teams leaving, right?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 . LastLast

Thread Information