Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5

Thread: App St Drawing Interest from AAC

Default Re: App St Drawing Interest from AAC

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    The difference in media payouts between the SBC and the latest additions to the AAC is minimal. Between exit/entrance fees, any school looking to jump to the SBC will need several years to recoup their cost of switching. It is just not worth it unless you are leaving for personal reasons, like Texas State would have to be with their fellow Texans.

Nobody else is even considering it at this point.
    Those program will increase their payout over a 5 year span to reach the same total as the older programs.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    The difference in media payouts between the SBC and the latest additions to the AAC is minimal. Between exit/entrance fees, any school looking to jump to the AAC will need several years to recoup their cost of switching at best. Probably never will. It is just not worth it unless you are leaving for personal reasons, like Texas State would have to be with their fellow Texans.

Nobody else is even considering it at this point.
    Unless you have different information, the AAC deal made in 2019 was worth $7 million/school. The Sun Belt is nowhere close to that.

Media markets pay off.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post
    Unless you have different information, the AAC deal made in 2019 was worth $7 million/school. The Sun Belt is nowhere close to that.

Media markets pay off.
    The 6 member from CUSA receive a smaller payout for the first 5 years. That payout will increase as each year passes until they are paid as full members or the contract is renegotiated.

Media markets pay off.
    Only legacy members get that deal.

As long as the AAC has a bigger media payout than the Sun Belt, I wouldn’t be so sure about any school turning down an invite.
    I am also not sure about it, but not all to do with the payout either. It’s a perception thing. And we can talk until we are blue in the face about how the Sunbelt is currently better…but national perception might tell a different story.

https://sports.yahoo.com/american-at.142744710.html

According to Thamel, the new members are expected to earn $2 million annually from the AAC’s TV deal with the remaining members continuing to average approximately $7 million annually.

As long as the AAC has a bigger media payout than the Sun Belt, I wouldn’t be so sure about any school turning down an invite.
    Any school that makes that move will come to regret it. including App State.

8. Default Re: App St Drawing Interest from AAC

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post

Kieth Gill needs to get ESPN to shell out $10M per team.
    ESPN made the best deal ever before Gil knew his leagues true worth.

9. Default Re: App St Drawing Interest from AAC

. . . worth is forecast based upon characteristics of the members at the time . . . it can be earned . . . we will get much more next time if we stay in tact . . .

10. Default Re: App St Drawing Interest from AAC

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    . . . worth is forecast based upon characteristics of the members at the time . . . it can be earned . . . we will get much more next time if we stay in tact . . .
    Agree

11. Default Re: App St Drawing Interest from AAC

. . . I took a snapshot . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    Only legacy members get that deal.
    I’ve heard that too, but I’ve never seen anything outside of conflicting message board comments that confirms an actual number. We don’t even officially know the Sun Belt’s number.

All I know is that even if we outperform the ACC on the field, there’s a good chance they’ll still have a bigger media deal than us because they are a big market conference.

And as long as that’s the case, I’ll always feel nervous about the AAC picking off SBC schools. A couple extra million dollars every year solves a lot of problems and opens up a lot of possibilities for an AD.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5

Thread Information