Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Louisiana @ ODU

Default Re: Louisiana @ ODU

I'm trying to watch this VT/ODU (ODB) game but Rouga got me trying to figure out questions. To end that, my answer is yes. As for ODU (ODB) evaluation. I'm leaving it to RaginD and his preview.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post
    VT last year was 3-8. Last game against virgina cancelled. VT beat wofford, BC, and Liberty(23-22)

Season high points last year 29 against Miami in a loss.

I just don’t think this is your daddy’s VT or Shane beemer’s daddy’s VT either.
    And a former Cajun asst as head coach

Pry was at Louisiana 2007-09. Dez played 07-08. Interesting side note

It isn’t the whole game, but it’s something to analyze.

https://youtu.be/dXFHrQxtZMk?si=mwCEf2S5enCgC5pn

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post
    Va tech played odu like Cajuns played nw st. Close to the vest and vanilla.

ODU game plan was what ours was against Iowa state and should be against Minnesota. Stack the box and make them beat you in the air playing man coverage.

Playing that style defense against grant wells will keep you in the game. He’s an average qb at best.

ODU finished last in the east and was picked last again.

They replace QB, RB, WR, and nfl TE. They are a younger team overall than last year. With all that said, they’re still a team that could be bowl eligible and have sunbelt talent. We will need to play better than Saturday and open up the playbook and execute it better.

The revenge tour continues Saturday

Cajuns 27
    ODU 13
    Name:  20230905_183517.jpg
Views: 241
Size:  293.5 KB

Not your daddy ODB either

So we got an OC/QB combo transfer, that's some rare stuff

Cajuns 17-10

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    No way they watched this offense. Yesterdays game reminded me the last time we played Southern and won big. We looked absolutely horrible in doing so.

Northwestern is a terrible team. The execution on offense was terrible. If we try to throw the ball 40 times against ODU I’m not sure we walk out of there with a W.
    The NWST game looked much like a pre season scrimmage trying to work on things that are question marks. The went very vanilla and were obviously throwing more than needed to get the young receivers game opportunities. I expect much more balance and establishing the run early.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    I don't think this defense, by the end of the year, will be considered better than 2021's team or possibly even 2020's but we will see. As mentioned, they played against a bad offense and worse QB. We will also have to show what we can do to stop the run against better OL's and bigger teams since we are a little light in the front 7 even though we can run the field.
    Narcisse 290
    Hazard 312
    Baylis 270
    Wiser 300
    Miller 282

Your guys in the middle not exactly light up front.

Starting LBs 238,229, and 240. Not bad size at backer either.

Getting Wiser back on the field will be huge...baller...

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Getting Wiser back on the field will be huge...baller...
    And Naecisse was out because of the passing of his father. That was 2 key pieces missing. Prayers for that young man and his family.

Quote Originally Posted by RougaWhite&Blue View Post
    "In two years at Fordham, completed 10-of-13 passes for 93 yards and two touchdowns"... is there a different way Fordham gets the ball from the center to the QB than via a "snap". Granted not a lot of experience but odds are they didn't pass on every single play he was in the game.
    Overthrows.

Quote Originally Posted by Grantvb View Post
    It isn’t the whole game, but it’s something to analyze.

https://youtu.be/dXFHrQxtZMk?si=mwCEf2S5enCgC5pn
    Thanks for posting.

Neither team gets an A on their performances. In fact, it's pretty typical for Week One. If you review Louisiana's performance against Northwestern, you see us in the role of a sloppy Virginia Tech and Northwestern as a struggling ODU.

Louisiana defense gets two picks, maybe three. Gotta force this guy to throw. On O They have some well timed gadget plays as well. Their new OC wasn't 5th or 8th in yards per game, he was #1 in FCS. I'm looking at the spread in a new light vs. yesterday.

Cajuns 33
    Monarchs 27

UL 30 - 14

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread Information