Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst . 8 9 10 11

Thread: SBC Football Attendance

Default Re: SBC Football Attendance

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    We were there. Maybe 10K pre-storm. We checked the weather all day. Heck, we were baking during tailgating. No indication rain was on the way. Not until game time did we see the rain clouds coming in from the west.
    This is the pic I took just before kickoff. 10k is probably right on
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Appreciate the info Beau and Esqueleto. Less than 50% turn out from sold is pretty wild. Must have a decent bit of corporate tickets.

Week 4:

1. Virginia Tech @ Marshall - 31,475
    2. WKU @ Troy - 26,124
    3. Nevada @ Texas State - 19,257
    4. CMU @ South Al - 18,369
    5. Buffalo @ Louisiana - 17,674
    6. Texas A&M Commerce @ ODU - 16,938
    7. Southern Miss @ Arkansas State - 16,601
    8. Georgia State @ Coastal Carolina - 15,248

That South Al crowd is pretty shocking, but I guess it shows how tough it is to get people to a game now. Coming off their best season in program history, coming off a blowout win over a P5 opponent, brand new stadium, etc. etc. can't crack 19,000. There are a few SBC programs who have cracked the code (App, Troy, Southern Miss, and Marshall). Other than that it's varying levels of mediocrity with a few good crowds thrown in every now and then.

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    That South Al crowd is pretty shocking, but I guess it shows how tough it is to get people to a game now. Coming off their best season in program history, coming off a blowout win over a P5 opponent, brand new stadium, etc. etc. can't crack 19,000. There are a few SBC programs who have cracked the code (App, Troy, Southern Miss, and Marshall). Other than that it's varying levels of mediocrity with a few good crowds thrown in every now and then.
    Bama was playing.

Week 5:
    1. Coastal @ Georgia Southern - 26,483
    2. South Al @ JMU - 26,064
    3. ODU @ Marshall - 22,652
    4. Texas State @ Southern Miss - 21,304
    5. App State @ ULM - 19,919
    6. Troy @ Georgia State - 16,536

Week 6:
    1. Arkansas State @ Troy - 26,957
    2. ODU @ Southern Miss - 23,011
    3. Texas State @ Louisiana - 15,053
    4. South Al @ ULM - 12,099

2nd lowest attended game of this two week stretch, only topped by Monroe. Yikes.

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    Week 5:
    1. Coastal @ Georgia Southern - 26,483
    2. South Al @ JMU - 26,064
    3. ODU @ Marshall - 22,652
    4. Texas State @ Southern Miss - 21,304
    5. App State @ ULM - 19,919
    6. Troy @ Georgia State - 16,536

Week 6:
    1. Arkansas State @ Troy - 26,957
    2. ODU @ Southern Miss - 23,011
    3. Texas State @ Louisiana - 15,053
    4. South Al @ ULM - 12,099

2nd lowest attended game of this two week stretch, only topped by Monroe. Yikes.
    I watched the game Saturday night, that stadium was empty

Wonder how much $$$ UL keeps losing with these barely attended home games???

9. Default Re: SBC Football Attendance

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Wonder how much $$$ UL keeps losing with these barely attended home games???
    Since they only try to sell season tickets to corporations they lose nothing.

Everything else is Lagniappe

10. Default Re: SBC Football Attendance

Just wondering. I checked the TV watch numbers for some non-espn networks. When you look at similar programs (G5), most of these games have an online viewership in the 100,000 or so numbers. So say that our home games are pulling in similar viewership numbers and if only 10% would go to the game IF they could not watch it on-line - we likely would not be having this discussion.

I believe that on-line availability is a key culprit for our in-stadium counts. I know of tens of people personally that watch every game on-line. Thus, the question is how much does UL make off of on-line versus people in the seats? It just may be the preference of a large portion of our fanpool to watch at home given that they have this option.

On-line viewing option is a relatively new challenge that all universities are facing. It was not an option 10 years ago. Much less in the good old days.

Just a thought.

11. Default Re: SBC Football Attendance

If TV money were only counted toward football games and all twelve games are broadcast, Louisiana currently makes about $166,000 per game from TV rights.

Spread that out amongst all sports broadcast and the value is less.

Divide it among only home FB games and the value is over $300G

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst . 8 9 10 11

Thread Information