Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 . LastLast

Thread: SBC Football Attendance

Default Re: SBC Football Attendance

Quote Originally Posted by Hudsheen#Fired View Post
    They showed up and by time of third quarter started there were maybe 200 students
    Every program in the country has that problem. Even Bama. You aren’t gonna stop college kids from going to a bar instead of watching an uncompetitive football game. Just happy they showed up at all.

2. Default Re: SBC Football Attendance

. . . they report tickets sold plus tickets requested by students . . . scanning is only to get you in . . . attendance reports are correct . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Hudsheen#Fired View Post
    They showed up and by time of third quarter started there were maybe 200 students
    Oh well. Guess we have proof of a previous poster not watching the 2nd half, #Ooops

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    . . . they report tickets sold plus tickets requested by students . . . scanning is only to get you in . . . attendance reports are correct . . .
    Woohoo. So is there a breakout of student tickets. Seems since it isn't just "the student side" anymore would be hard to know for sure just by looking. And also how many extra can students "request" or buy for non students?

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    Every program in the country has that problem. Even Bama. You aren’t gonna stop college kids from going to a bar instead of watching an uncompetitive football game. Just happy they showed up at all.
    This is the absolute truth! The students did their part.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    I have a hard time believing the 18K figure.

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    Even if it was 20K, still weak.
    But it’s an improvement over the past couple years.

8. Default Re: SBC Football Attendance

. . . positives . . . the right QB played . . . we won by a good margin . . . we showed very little to ODU . . . our defense played well . . . no injuries . . . students showed up . . . negatives . . . oh just read the thread . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    The students did show up. That was very encouraging, and especially with the Labor Day weekend where many of our on-campus students typically head home as a final getaway until Fall break or Thanksgiving break.

I hope that continues, and they only get larger and rowdier.
    Yes and considering the fact that sorority’s are going through rush and most of them weren’t there. There are 400 girls going through rush, my freshman daughter being one of them and they weren’t allowed to go to the TG, game or bars last night. You could have easily added a few more hundred if sororities were there in full force. For the first time in my daughters life she called and ask my ESPN+ log in. So at least her, her roommate and friends were interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    You think higher or lower??
    I agree about the student section. Nice turnout.
    From a TV perspective it didn’t look like over 18K in the stands. I’m sure the weather delay played a part in that. Not surprised by second half attendance. We always seem to lose at least half the students at half time and it was getting late for the family/kids by then too. Guess that’s the double edged sword of the later start time.
    2 road wins and the next home game attendance should improve a great deal. You’d hope anyway.

Higher. But we were a bit scarce upstairs.

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    But we were a bit scarce upstairs.
    That won’t be a problem next season. LOL
    Really enjoyed my seats up there when I had season tickets.

and the entire team and student equipment managers and some of the trainers are students do they add that in to the student figure (and possibly a few concession workers and a few university police)

14. Default Re: SBC Football Attendance

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    . . . it’s just like the 4,000 for baseball . . .

15. Default Re: SBC Football Attendance

Quote Originally Posted by RougaWhite&Blue View Post
    and the entire team and student equipment managers and some of the trainers are students do they add that in to the student figure (and possibly a few concession workers and a few university police)
    Only if they took NIL money do they count for paid attendance. /sarcasm

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 . LastLast

Thread Information