Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 . LastLast

Thread: SBC Football Attendance

Default Re: SBC Football Attendance

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    They couldn't handle concession for a 18K. Imagine if more folks attended the game how bad it would be.
    Do you ever have anything positive to say about this university and its athletics other than softball? By the way concessions were great upstairs.

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    Do you ever have anything positive to say about this university and its athletics other than softball? By the way concessions were great upstairs.
    The administration has issues that need to be addressed I am sorry you want to cover for them. Of course they were, barely anyone was upstairs. Other folks have negative things to say also. Maybe go and take a nap and clear your head.

The administration has issues that need to be addressed I am sorry you want to cover for them. Of course they were, barely anyone was upstairs.
    I’m not covering for anyone. You dog all things Cajuns athletics minus softball. It is an observation on my part.

4. Default Re: SBC Football Attendance

. . . could be in the running for the worst Cajun fan ever . . .

I’m not covering for anyone. You dog all things Cajuns athletics minus softball. It is an observation on my part.
    Wrong. I can say what I want when my family has season tickets to three different sports and would have for four sports but they don't charge to attend matches. I have been season ticket holder for along time. I am not going to sugar coat anything for anyone.

You are preaching to the choir man. 20 to 24K might be the ceiling.
    We’ve had some of the highest attended games in the conference. Granted, many of those were over a decade ago.

Still the most for a championship game by nearly 10k.

We know what the potential is. 20-24 is not the ceiling. It should be the average. Getting a few thousand more to a game is not an impossible feat by any measure.

Now will the administration push the right buttons? Will the community respond? A good case study is the Cajun Chicken basketball game. Just that one thing probably put 2k more in the Dome that night. There was buzz. You can do that for 6 football games I promise you.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    We’ve had some of the highest attended games in the conference. Granted, many of those were over a decade ago.

Still the most for a championship game by nearly 10k.

We know what the potential is. 20-24 is not the ceiling. It should be the average. Getting a few thousand more to a game is not an impossible feat by any measure.

Now will the administration push the right buttons? Will the community respond? A good case study is the Cajun Chicken basketball game. Just that one thing probably put 2k more in the Dome that night. There was buzz. You can do that for 6 football games I promise you.
    I agree on pushing the right buttons. Most folks don't even know that a game is happening. I talked to about 10 folks at 4 different places and asked them if they were attending the game. They all said what game or oh UL is playing or who are they playing.

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    I’ll plan to update each week.

Week 1
    1. App vs. Gardner Webb - 36,075
    2. Southern Miss vs. Alcorn - 30,335
    3. Troy vs. SFA - 28,179
    4. Marshall vs. Albany - 25,101
    5. JMU vs. Bucknell - 23,756
    6. ULM vs. Army - 18,914
    7. Louisiana vs. NSU - 18,186
    8. Georgia Southern vs. URI - 17,803
    9. Georgia State vs. URI - 15,546 (Thursday)
    1) Thanks for posting these, I will look for them.

2) UL could certainly do a lot more to promote our student-athletes; I believe the only sport that draws to capacity is softball.

3) However, UL could do a lot more to promote all of our student activities. I'd like to see us get out crowds for theatre & art openings, recitals, student research presentations, and the many great things a good university does.

4) Having said that, how much is there to do in Acadiana on a Saturday night, that is simply unavailable in those other towns? To my knowledge, only one of those college towns offers more attractions than we have.

Atlanta.

True, as noted it was a Thursday night game. But Georgia State is much larger than we are. I'll be interested to see, or perhaps someone could look through the historical records: Does Georgia State struggle with attendance even on Saturday nights?

It's all about making UL football a priority to attend.

Seems quite the conundrum. We don't want to be called Lafayette, yet we need support from those in Lafayette who may not have attended UL.
    How to do away with all things named Lafayette except Lafayette itself

Wrong. I can say what I want when my family has season tickets to three different sports and would have for four sports but they don't charge to attend matches. I have been season ticket holder for along time. I am not going to sugar coat anything for anyone.
    Must suck to spend all that money just to be a miserable dick.

Wow, who knew pro wrasslin' Fandom was not enough of a bond

Quote Originally Posted by RougaWhite&Blue View Post
    Seems quite the conundrum. We don't want to be called Lafayette, yet we need support from those in Lafayette who may not have attended UL.
    How to do away with all things named Lafayette except Lafayette itself
    We need Acadiana folks to attend UL games.

Don't tell paying supporters what to say and what not to say or paying fans how to be fans. Geez

Quote Originally Posted by RougaWhite&Blue View Post
    Wow, who knew pro wrasslin' Fandom was not enough of a bond
    Seems like M$M is a baby face and JMV is a heel or something like that.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 . LastLast

Thread Information