Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 . LastLast

Thread: SBC Football Attendance

Default Re: SBC Football Attendance

18k seems about right. Upper deck was thin and lower home side had plenty of empty seats. Happy the students showed up. Hopefully it continues.

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    Even if it was 20K, still weak.
    For the past two years 20k is where we need to be. We have an administration that doesn’t give a ____

Quote Originally Posted by ragincajun97 View Post
    For the past two years 20k is where we need to be. We have an administration that doesn’t give a ____
    They need to be way higher than 20K in order for them to make money.

They need to be way higher than 20K in order for them to make money.
    You don’t go from where our attendance numbers have been to way higher than 20K overnight. That has to be built over time. Sadly I don’t see us consistently doing enough of the right things to make it happen. For the money we spent on signs about no open flames and mobile ticketing yesterday, we could’ve littered all of Lafayette Parish with yard signs advertising the game.

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    You don’t go from where our attendance numbers have been to way higher than 20K overnight. That has to be built over time. Sadly I don’t see us consistently doing enough of the right things to make it happen. For the money we spent on signs about no open flames and mobile ticketing yesterday, we could’ve littered all of Lafayette Parish with yard signs advertising the game.
    You are preaching to the choir man. 20 to 24K might be the ceiling.

Quote Originally Posted by shof View Post
    You think higher or lower??
    I agree about the student section. Nice turnout.
    From a TV perspective it didn’t look like over 18K in the stands. I’m sure the weather delay played a part in that. Not surprised by second half attendance. We always seem to lose at least half the students at half time and it was getting late for the family/kids by then too. Guess that’s the double edged sword of the later start time.
    2 road wins and the next home game attendance should improve a great deal. You’d hope anyway.
    I thought it was over 20K.

And yet, ULM and Tulane out drew us. No excuses for under 20,000.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    This

9. Default Re: SBC Football Attendance

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    I’d like to know how those scanners work. The concept is easy. Scan the barcode.

The person scanning our printed tickets looked like she just waved close for like 3 of the 5. I think the old ones used to make a sound.

Anyway. 18k is a little better than our average. I thought it was a bit more. Still not good, though. NSU brought some people. The students showed up. The rest of the community did not.

The technology used to check in by phone is called near field communications (NFC) using wireless communication devices with a range of a few centimeters in both the phone and reader. The devices are not scanners like what is used to scan bar or QR codes. That is why pdf copies of tickets won't work. This is the same technology used in places like grocery stores or gas stations where you can pay using your phone. I've had instances where everything worked great or didn't work at all at the same establishments. Don't know if it is a phone problem or a reader problem.

10. Default Re: SBC Football Attendance

You are preaching to the choir man. 20 to 24K might be the ceiling.
    . . . how many low ceilings are you going to guesstimate . . .

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    There are no excuses why our attendance is bottom of the barrel nationally. There is a mile long list of reasons though, most of which have been ignored by the university.

There are no excuses why our attendance is bottom of the barrel nationally. There is a mile long list of reasons though, most of which have been ignored by the university.
    Remember when Jay said the opponent doesn't matter.

The jambalaya at the game was terrible. Two pieces of meat. The pastalaya at the alumni tent was good. The strawberry margaritas were syrupy, tasting no alcohol, and was not frozen. I will give them credit. They told me that when ordering.

Quote Originally Posted by BayouRichard View Post
    The jambalaya at the game was terrible. Two pieces of meat. The pastalaya at the alumni tent was good. The strawberry margaritas were syrupy, tasting no alcohol, and was not frozen. I will give them credit. They told me that when ordering.
    They couldn't handle concession for a 18K. Imagine if more folks attended the game how bad it would be.

They couldn't handle concession for a 18K. Imagine if more folks attended the game how bad it would be.
    Seems like they did not have as many vendors last night as some of the games last year.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 . LastLast

Thread Information