1. App vs. Gardner Webb - 36,075
    2. Southern Miss vs. Alcorn - 30,335
    3. Troy vs. SFA - 28,179
    4. Marshall vs. Albany - 25,101
    5. JMU vs. Bucknell - 23,756
    6. ULM vs. Army - 18,914
    7. Louisiana vs. NSU - 18,186
    8. Georgia Southern vs. URI - 17,803
    9. Georgia State vs. URI - 15,546 (Thursday)

Default Re: SBC Football Attendance

wow. any idea if the scanning issues, in which people just get let in or let in with print copy end up as uncounted attendance?

see troy: so much for the excuse that most of our students are now online

I definitely feel like we had over 18K.

Quote Originally Posted by RougaWhite&Blue View Post
    see troy: so much for the excuse that most of our students are now online
    Proof you didn't watch the game.if you had, you would have noticed UL students showed uponce again, "Our Town" let down "Our Team".

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Proof you didn't watch the game.if you had, you would have noticed UL students showed uponce again, "Our Town" let down "Our Team".
    The students did show up. That was very encouraging, and especially with the Labor Day weekend where many of our on-campus students typically head home as a final getaway until Fall break or Thanksgiving break.

I hope that continues, and they only get larger and rowdier.

With zero LSU excuse. Like I said, the university gets scared any time we make progress. We had massive promotions under Hudspeth. Where has that gone?

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    I definitely feel like we had over 18K.
    Even if it was 20K, still weak.

That’s one way to view it. Personally I see more of Our University letting Our Team and Our Town down. Nonexistent promotions. Zero efforts to revitalize tailgating. Concession lines were already backed up 40 minutes before game time when I made my one trip. Scanners didn’t work yet again. People have to buy in person to avoid paying a $10+ premium for convenience. Hard to find merch to rep our brand. Let’s look in the mirror before we lash out at the community. We have failed them every bit as much as they have failed us.

Not to throw the baby out with the bath water though. Somebody obviously did something right as that student section doesn’t happen out of nowhere. Also, the general admission parking in the gates was a huge plus.

Quote Originally Posted by RougaWhite&Blue View Post
    wow. any idea if the scanning issues, in which people just get let in or let in with print copy end up as uncounted attendance?
    I’d like to know how those scanners work. The concept is easy. Scan the barcode.

The person scanning our printed tickets looked like she just waved close for like 3 of the 5. I think the old ones used to make a sound.

Anyway. 18k is a little better than our average. I thought it was a bit more. Still not good, though. NSU brought some people. The students showed up. The rest of the community did not.

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    Even if it was 20K, still weak.
    Pretty sad when ULM has higher attendance. Fans left at half time.

They showed up and by time of third quarter started there were maybe 200 students

I didn't say they didn't show up. I simply know someone posted previously that "might be" an excuse. And I am typing that it is not a valid excuse

14. Default Re: SBC Football Attendance

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    Pretty sad when ULM has higher attendance. Fans left at half time.
    ….lMaybe last year was OVER REPORTING….but we had to have more than 18k last night!

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    The students did show up. That was very encouraging, and especially with the Labor Day weekend where many of our on-campus students typically head home as a final getaway until Fall break or Thanksgiving break.

I hope that continues, and they only get larger and rowdier.
    Frick and frack, arguing about nothing

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 . LastLast

Thread Information