Page 20 of 31 FirstFirst . 10 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 30 . LastLast

Thread: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs. Northwestern State

Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs. Northwestern State

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    Agreed we are very fast on D. I thought while our line was stout we didn’t have a great pass rush.
    One of the main D Line guys was out. He would have helped with the rotation.

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    Agreed we are very fast on D. I thought while our line was stout we didn’t have a great pass rush.
    My only concern right now would be how we would hold up against the better, more physical teams with a physical OL in the running game. We are quick but we are a little light when you look at our DL many of our guys who get big minutes are in the 265 pound range.

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    One of the main D Line guys was out. He would have helped with the rotation.
    That is correct. Mason Narcisse’s father unexpectedly passed away. Hopefully the Narcisse family is doing well.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    That is correct. Mason Narcisse’s father unexpectedly passed away. Hopefully the Narcisse family is doing well.
    I highly doubt they are doing well with an unexpected death. Praying for the Narcisse family.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    Still about 12 hours til game time and already have a dime sized pee spot in my pants! Predicting quarter to half dollar size by noon.
    This was the best part of the entire threadLOL

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    This was the best part of the entire threadLOL
    POO POO nailed it.

Default Re: Louisiana Rolls 38-13 Over Northwestern State

OhhSchultzy.LOL

8. Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs. Northwestern State

On the final possession we got to see Kendrell Williams, RB come in. I'm intrigued by him because while I understand he was fresh, he also ran with a good burst of speed and ran hard.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    Texas state is a bit worrisome. Happy for them. They dominated. We’ve never lost to them. I won’t be scared of them until they actually beat us.

ULM needed a miracle and they got 2 late scores to win. Army also turned it over 5 times and on 3 of their last 3 possessions. They had the game but gave it away. *See UL vs. ULM in 2022.
    Go ahead and lay money on Navy. Army was hard to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    Rewatching now if there is a faster D in the belt this year I’d like to know who it is. I’m gonna say there isn’t.
    Speed is great, it’s what happens with execution once arriving. Saw a little of North Texas…fast on D, can’t tackle.

Disappointing offensive performance last night, but there was some positives.

1. Terrance Carter was a revelation. That guy looked FAST.
    2. When Ben had time, I thought his long balls looked pretty good.
    3. We did have receivers running fairly open deep, but not nearly enough time to get them the ball.
    4. In limited targets both Williams and LeBlanc looked to be frontline WRs.
    5. Perry's one KO return was electric.
    6. Kendre' Gant and Kailep Edwards can fly to the ball.
    7. Explosive plays. We had a handful of plays that really got us some chunks.

Now for the not so pretty.

1. Pass protection. I am sure OL had a lot to do with this, but I also saw on quite a few occasions we had 2 OL and a RB blocking one or two DL, allowing others to come free. Don't underestimate how important RB's are in pass pro.

2. Neal Johnson had a bad game. I believe he will bounce back, but for a guy that will counted upon so heavily, he needs to be better.

3. Not as down on Ben as some folks, but I am concerned about his short passing, it didn't look sharp.

4. Play calling. We passed way too much. Now, I do believe if this was a more competitive and important game, then it would have been called differently. One of the reasons you play these type of opponents is it gives you a chance to try out a whole of lot options.

5. Turnovers, the two fumbles were sloppy.

One interesting thing I heard on the broadcast is that Des is the main play caller, but Leger is calling 3rd and longs and 'special situations'. I would be interested in hearing more on why that came to pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman66 View Post
    Disappointing offensive performance last night, but there was some positives.

1. Terrance Carter was a revelation. That guy looked FAST.
    2. When Ben had time, I thought his long balls looked pretty good.
    3. We did have receivers running fairly open deep, but not nearly enough time to get them the ball.
    4. In limited targets both Williams and LeBlanc looked to be frontline WRs.
    5. Perry's one KO return was electric.
    6. Kendre' Gant and Kailep Edwards can fly to the ball.
    7. Explosive plays. We had a handful of plays that really got us some chunks.

Now for the not so pretty.

1. Pass protection. I am sure OL had a lot to do with this, but I also saw on quite a few occasions we had 2 OL and a RB blocking one or two DL, allowing others to come free. Don't underestimate how important RB's are in pass pro.

2. Neal Johnson had a bad game. I believe he will bounce back, but for a guy that will counted upon so heavily, he needs to be better.

3. Not as down on Ben as some folks, but I am concerned about his short passing, it didn't look sharp.

4. Play calling. We passed way too much. Now, I do believe if this was a more competitive and important game, then it would have been called differently. One of the reasons you play these type of opponents is it gives you a chance to try out a whole of lot options.

5. Turnovers, the two fumbles were sloppy.

One interesting thing I heard on the broadcast is that Des is the main play caller, but Leger is calling 3rd and longs and 'special situations'. I would be interested in hearing more on why that came to pass.
    In regards to the play calling, I don't think they would have called it differently if it was closer. Outside of the long carry for TD, we had trouble moving the ball on the ground outside of a couple 9 or 10 yarders. I think the scheme was bad in the sense that we did not go down the seams more. You're right, Ben threw a couple nice deep balls but they were also uncovered.

It's just a little concerning that you can't establish the run better against a team like NWSU especially when you average 320 pounds per man.

Default Re: injured Northwestern player

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    I do not.
    🙏🙏🙏🙏

Default Re: injured Northwestern player

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    Anybody know anything about the injury to the northwestern player
    Hopefully everything with this young man is OK. Prayers for the family.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Chandler graduates in December. I expect him to play elsewhere next season as a grad transfer. Note, I have no inside knowledge of this. Just a prediction. As far as OL play goes, even Coach Dez said it needs improvement. First thing he said in post game interview with Cody. Now recall last season that unit improved as season went along. I think not having the guy slated to start at RT was a bigger issue than anticipated. Wonder if they will use a back to chip oncoming rushers going forward. Personally I think running the ball more would help the passing game. A positive was the few Cajun penalties. Another was execution on our successful fourth and one run play. Faking trying to draw Demons offsides with QB under center and snapping ball before play clock expired was a nice touch.
    So you don't know if he graduates in December?

Quote Originally Posted by FeelDaRage View Post
    So you don't know if he graduates in December?
    He is saying he has no inside knowledge if he will play as a grad transfer elsewhere next season.

Page 20 of 31 FirstFirst . 10 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 30 . LastLast

Thread Information