Thread: Louisiana Athletics, Townsquare Media Extend Partnership

1. Tickets Louisiana Athletics, Townsquare Media Extend Partnership

Louisiana Athletics and LEARFIELD, the university's exclusive athletic multimedia rights holder, announced a five-year partnership extension with Townsquare Media to serve as the radio flagship through the 2027-28 athletic season.

Homes SO Clean

Default Re: Athletics: Louisiana Athletics, Townsquare Media Extend Partnership

Was any other radio group allowed to bid, or was this a TS right of first refusal?

Can someone explain our relationship with LEARFIELD to me? I don't fully understand.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTails View Post
    Can someone explain our relationship with LEARFIELD to me? I don't fully understand.
    Briefly.Learfield is the multimedia rights holder for Ragin' Cajuns athletics. (Learfield is based in Jefferson City, MO and is the rightsholder for more than 100 universities (closer to 200, I think.) Simply put, Learfield is responsible for selling everything sellable with the Cajunsradio, billboards, signage in stadium, etc. etc. Learfield guarantees the University a certain amount of money annually. After that goal is met, Learfield and the University share in the revenue. Learfield locally is Ragin' Cajuns Sports Properties. Brian Bille is the General Manager. Patrick Judice (who is about to join another company locally) and Saige Brady Merrill (who just got the Merrill name last month) are responsible for sales (along with Brian). Cammi Martinez is the Partnership Services coordinator and handles all the contract relations. All are paid by Learfield, not the University, although we all have offices in the Cox Building. I am paid by Learfield as well.

Gotcha, thanks a bunch for the explanation.

Thread Information